Platinum Difficulty for this Game?

SuperSaiyan3985

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/darksiders-ii/168772-darksiders-2-trophy-guide-road-map.html

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/darksiders-ii/277502-darksiders-2-deathinitive-edition-definitive-difficulty-guide-walkthrough.html

That's the guide for PS3 version, but trophies are mostly the same and you don't have to worry about the online trophy since its been removed from the PS4 version.

I've got the Platinum on both PS4 versions from Darksiders and they're not too bad. Very enjoyable, just a bit time consuming.

Edited by aZombieDictator

I'm not sure on a time span but I would give it 5 or 6 depending on how well your Dethinitive difficulty run goes. You can make some OP weapons that give you health for every hit you make so that makes the hardest difficulty easier. The bosses may vary, as the only boss I really struggled on was the second-to-last boss. Otherwise the only real hard spot might be a part near the end that kind of turns the game into a third-person shooter. Not hard in itself but the enemies come in large numbers.

after 11+ playthroughs on multiple consoles, the PS4 is somewhere in the middle compared to the others. 2 if experienced with the game and 3-4 if not. The added trophy can be quite tricky for newcomers but its something I recommend going for.

If you are completely new to the series then I recommend that you stick to your scythes and use your off-hand for stats, you can purge items to add stats and giving tons of strenght to your off-hand is a nice way to speed up your initial playthrough. Crows+Sweep talents fully upgraded completely destroy the game so getting there would be ideal.

It's a fun game for sure but you need to bite your lip a bit around the part of the Dead Lands, most of these dungeons are utter miserable and comes in three segments that you have "revisit" frequently.

There is no need to do the DLC content that comes with the game, unless you feel the need to grind a bit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

how hard is apocalyptic?

Not that much different, you take 10% more dmg and bosses takes 10% less dmg roughly. If you save it for NG+ it's a breeze as you can "out level" things. The only part where you will mostly die is during the elevator segment but that does not count towards the difficulty or anything.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NightRusticDawn said:

Not that much different, you take 10% more dmg and bosses takes 10% less dmg roughly. If you save it for NG+ it's a breeze as you can "out level" things. The only part where you will mostly die is during the elevator segment but that does not count towards the difficulty or anything.

ok thanks

I absolutely love Darksiders 1&2!

I platinumed both on PS3 and the second on PS4 (yet to get to the first one again but it’s on the pile to do) 

The platinum is fairly easy and straight forward so I give it a 3/10, the PS4 remaster does have a tendency to crash, on my 2 Play throughs it crashed maybe 5 times over the course of about 40+ hours so not disasterous but definitely not just a one off

The game auto saves all the time so it’s very easy and quick to pick it back up so it’s just a minor inconvenience rather than game breaking

If going for the platinum a collectibles guide is recommended as there are some sneaky buggers to find, overall I hope anyone playing enjoys it as much I do, Darksiders 3 is coming and I want as many people to support it as possible to keep this series alive

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...