• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND 2: LECHUCK'S REVENGE

L0ee94d.png

Enjoyment:   7/10

Difficulty:     2/10

I had this game on the PS3 for a while and in 2021 it was finally time to start playing it. I had heard from friends that these games were incredible and when I played the first game I understood what they meant. The fun characters, great humor and awesome references steal the show and they do so again in the second game.

You play as Guybrush Threepwood once again who, this time, wants to find the legendary treasure of Big Whoop. What follows is a wacky adventure with some very fun puzzles. There are always some hilarious entries among the dialogue and the voice actors all do a really good job. Guybrush is quite full of himself after the events of the first game, but you can’t help but love him all the same :).

As with the previous title, there were a few puzzles that I really struggled with and I had to use the hints numerous times throughout the game. When I was younger and I didn’t have as much games, I probably would have spent more time on the puzzles, before looking up the hints. But with time becoming ever more precious and sparse, I decided to look up the hints whenever I got stuck on something. I don’t regret it, since I mostly play these games for the fun situations and story anyway.

Since it’s a point-and-click game, the trophies aren’t that difficulty. I used a guide for my second playthrough to get all of the trophies such as completing the game without using hints and within 3 hours. The speedrun trophy is very generous and I was never really in any trouble. So that’s the second Monkey Island game in the pocket. I’m very happy I got the play these and the PS3 backlog is getting smaller and smaller.

Edited by Boomshanks
  • Like 3

3f2ad34b5e5d4a0532b9fb0f84ed250a.jpg

Playtime: 4 hours

Difficulty: 3/10

Enjoyment: 7.5/10

Wanted to 100% this yesterday for Halloween, but things came up, and it just wasn't meant to be. Lots of brutal fun to be had with this one. Up there with the PSone version as the most unique old-school DOOM. I used some passwords to get through a good portion of the trophies, but I still plan on playing more for fun and beating it legit.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Boomshanks said:

THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND 2: LECHUCK'S REVENGE

L0ee94d.png

Enjoyment:   7/10

Difficulty:     2/10

I had this game on the PS3 for a while and in 2021 it was finally time to start playing it. I had heard from friends that these games were incredible and when I played the first game I understood what they meant. The fun characters, great humor and awesome references steal the show and they do so again in the second game.

You play as Guybrush Threepwood once again who, this time, wants to find the legendary treasure of Big Whoop. What follows is a wacky adventure with some very fun puzzles. There are always some hilarious entries among the dialogue and the voice actors all do a really good job. Guybrush is quite full of himself after the events of the first game, but you can’t help but love him all the same :).

As with the previous title, there were a few puzzles that I really struggled with and I had to use the hints numerous times throughout the game. When I was younger and I didn’t have as much games, I probably would have spent more time on the puzzles, before looking up the hints. But with time becoming ever more precious and sparse, I decided to look up the hints whenever I got stuck on something. I don’t regret it, since I mostly play these games for the fun situations and story anyway.

Since it’s a point-and-click game, the trophies aren’t that difficulty. I used a guide for my second playthrough to get all of the trophies such as completing the game without using hints and within 3 hours. The speedrun trophy is very generous and I was never really in any trouble. So that’s the second Monkey Island game in the pocket. I’m very happy I got the play these and the PS3 backlog is getting smaller and smaller.

The game is over 30 years old, but I’m glad they enhanced this particular version. What’s also great was they were nice enough to include the old school graphics from all those years ago. 

Stan HAS to be one of my all time favorites.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

The game is over 30 years old, but I’m glad they enhanced this particular version. What’s also great was they were nice enough to include the old school graphics from all those years ago. 

Stan HAS to be one of my all time favorites.

The touched up opening theme in dual stereo is the best thing ever. Was a nice surprise when I first pulled it up on the PS3 all those years ago.

L441bda.png

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

You come up with an over-the-top action story where all the clichés are discussed, you add cyborgs and lasers to it, you cover it with a lot of neon and then you get the basis for an old science-fiction story. Add dragons with laser-shooting eyes to it and you get this game. All this is accompanied by typical eighties music and it's also full of references to the best films from that period. It may be my age and/or the nostalgia kicking in, but I was enjoying this from start to finish! 

The game itself actually is a stand-alone title (it has nothing to do with Far Cry 3 whatsoever) and is also quite short (it took me a little over 8 hours of playtime to collect every trophy). The trophy list is also straightforward with only 1 "missable" trophy to keep in mind when you progress through the main missions. 

Finally, I want to talk about one of the very few downsides of this game and that was the time it took to boot the game. 

Although you can download it for free if you have PS+ Premium (which I recommend you do if you're around your 30s or above), I bought it from the PS3 store, and the loading time when you boot the game is enormous. I always had to wait between 22 and 38 minutes before I could play, which was quite annoying. 

Once the game was (finally) loaded and you entered the main menu, everything went smoothly from there and I didn't discover a single bug or anything like that.

Edited by Cellcrash1991
  • Like 1

Lfad333.png

100% Horizon Zero Dawn

5.00% - Ultra Rare

I got this game in August 2021, and managed to get the Platinum and most DLC Trophies by March 2022... In about 50 hours. That's because I didn't enjoy the game at all and so I played it sporadically.

I had said it in my post when I got the Platinum and I say it again now. I find this game extremely overrated: it's not a masterpiece at all, it's a very generic game with a boring, uninteresting plot, an unoriginal setting, a huge open world full of nothing, an unsatisfying combat system and, last but not least, disgusting loading times. The game has to be one of the biggest disappointment in gaming I ever had.

The only Trophies I was missing were the ones that require a NG+ run, and it had to be done on Ultra Hard, so I took my time off from the game and I only did it now. Thankfully, if you know what you're doing, NG+ Ultra Hard is barely challenging and only the two final battles are hard, but no big deal. I'd say they were as hard as Uncharted Crushing difficulty.

I will play Forbidden West in the future, but it is definitely not a priority.

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 2

header.jpg?t=1661486773

Completion #75: DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue

Platform: PS3

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

Playtime: 13 hrs 41 min

A sequel of the first DeathSpank. Still has the same silly humor as the first game. There where a lot more sidequest this time around which made the grind to level 20 almost nonexistent.

• Like 1