Post your newest 100%

Aexuz

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S6e7e64.png Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Now this was one weird game. You play as an Octopus who is living in disguise amongst humans. How his wife never noticed this fact despite having two kids with him is completely beyond me. Instead of moving the character around with the analog, this game has a very novel way of walking. You alternate pressing the L and R buttons to move his feet and control both the distance and direction with the left analog, making just moving around quite a chore when you add in the game’s really weird physics. Certain trophies like completing the dance minigame perfectly can be a bit of a chore to get due to this super awkward way of walking which makes you think how does anyone not notice he’s an Octopus? The guy is only wearing a suit for crying out loud and talks with blubbery noises. It’s a short 100% that won’t take very long to complete and is a game you play mostly for laughs.

• Like 3

L2d4704.png

[PS3]

Nearly 6 years after I started the PS3 version, and I finally got it done. I gave up trying to get 5000 on here, it was a lot easier on Vita for some reason. Maybe it's the distance to your face or maybe it has better performance or something I don't know. I found it hard to really keep a good eye on things on here. But I'm glad to finish it up. Doesn't free up too much space on my HDD, but hey. :P Had some streams to listen to, so this was a good thing to grind out. Never again, Jetpack Joyride. Except Deluxe on Vita which I'm nearly done with finally too. lol

Comparatively, 2 months and 2 weeks for the Vita version.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

L59c3d1.png

7 years, 1 month. lol, barely remembered anything about the game after all this time. The Challenge Mode was so easy that I don't know why I didn't get it back then. Oh well, better late than never...

Glad that's over. It's not that bad of a game, but the trophies... or rather the ingame medals [which there's a trophy for] are annoying and glitchy. Had to replay the game and redo "Geek" because I missed one medal in Act 1. And the collectables can be glitchy or require you to start all over if you mess up getting them... for a medal. :/ It's just kinda dumb how it works.

But replaying the game to just finish takes less than 2 hours so it's not that annoying tbh. And the challenge mode medals didn't save for me either so I had to redo that to finish the  set which was annoying since it's for killing all 5 waves (50 total enemies) without using guns which isn't that hard but is a bit tedious. Especially trying to find some of the enemies walking around all the thrown about objects lol. Thank goodness none of the other medals were a problem. Or I would've just not bothered.

This is a game that's concept isn't really ever fully utilized. The idea is great, and I like that it has underwater combat.. .and I like that you can control water.. but you can only do that for 5% of the game. If that. There's literally no more than 5 enemies after you get your powers and the final boss. :/ What a shame. I assume they wanted to do a sequel, but who knows. All I remember is people hated the game, and that it was like $2 on sale constantly for years. xD

I'm a sucker for water, so I can't outright hate it.

It reminds me of Fracture, that had a great idea. But it didn't get used very well either. At least that one didn't have trophies. :P

• Like 3

L9174d5.png

I honestly don't remember having played this before, but apparently I did and got all but two trophies and it was on PS Now... so figured I'd try and get 100% (I'm sensing a pattern). It was surprisingly not that bad. Much like Pac-Mac Championship Edition DX. Since I didn't remember playing it was good I had the hard playthrough to do, got me acquainted with the controls again... I actually played a lot of it without moving around just back and forth. Not realizing I could move around more... lol~ Only hard time trials to do were the Championship 5 and Level 9-5. And 9-5 wasn't as bad as C5. After that it was just a matter of doing it which was more tedious than hard (much like Pac-Mac). Knowing that was the hardest, I just started there. Which helped going through all the other time trials.

It was fun though. I just wish it would've saved your visual preference gamewide instead of stage wide. I liked the 4th option, but got tired of switching it so stuck with the ugly first one after finishing about 10 levels.

5 years, 2 months, 2 weeks. Done. :P

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

L9174d5.png

I honestly don't remember having played this before, but apparently I did and got all but two trophies and it was on PS Now... so figured I'd try and get 100% (I'm sensing a pattern). It was surprisingly not that bad. Much like Pac-Mac Championship Edition DX. Since I didn't remember playing it was good I had the hard playthrough to do, got me acquainted with the controls again... I actually played a lot of it without moving around just back and forth. Not realizing I could move around more... lol~ Only hard time trials to do were the Championship 5 and Level 9-5. And 9-5 wasn't as bad as C5. After that it was just a matter of doing it which was more tedious than hard (much like Pac-Mac). Knowing that was the hardest, I just started there. Which helped going through all the other time trials.

It was fun though. I just wish it would've saved your visual preference gamewide instead of stage wide. I liked the 4th option, but got tired of switching it so stuck with the ugly first one after finishing about 10 levels.

5 years, 2 months, 2 weeks. Done. :P

It was on PS+ (that's how I "have" it anyway)

I liked using the pixel/original ship.

L653ef9.png

It was meh, story is bad. Well, conceptually it's fine. Writing and acting are horrible though. I played it on PS Now so for that it was worth the time. Kind of ugly. The best actor was probably the main girl character... Alysia? something. She wasn't great or anything, but she almost emoted. Which for this game is a huge step up. And it kind of works since she's a vampire. If you want to laugh at some bad voice work, here's a game for you.

There are a few nice touches, if you don't help someone not be burned at the stake the area in the game where they're burned is charred. The menu system is confusing, every menu is split in two. Since the game was designed as a co-op game with you picking up and pulling/pushing each other to progress at parts. Which is a neat idea, but playing solo it's kind of annoying. You don't really deal with those moments, they just throw little extra piece so you can make jumps normally since your two characters aren't on screen at once.

Anyway, the menus. The store menu is even done this way which makes it a pain in the ass. Multiple times switching between both st ores I ended up buying things instead of selling since I forgot to switch over to it. Unlike the power up/item menu the store menu doesn't stay the same page when switching characters. Which is stupid. Better weapons have the green up arrows on them, which is kind of confusing because you'd expect that a green arrow means the item you're looking at is better... so that you equip that. But nope. It's just weird, most RPGs aren't that way. :/ I don't know, maybe I'm just dumb.

Flew through the second half playthrough since I already did the first level in co-op, and the good route has insanely good items. I wish you could collect everything on that one. You get items for both characters for constant health regen and increased attack. :( Oh well.

It was a meh game, serviceable enough gameplay. Maybe it's because the collectables, but it felt surprisingly long playing my first time through. Thought it was over and boom, another level.  like most games it should've had a NG+. If it had no trophies what would be the motivation for collecting all the things or buying the best weapons? The game isn't that hard so you don't "need" them, but on a NG+ that would make the effort ore worthwhile. Just doing it for a trophy doesn't even feel like enough. Not sure why developers do this.

11 hours ago, mako-heart said:

It was on PS+ (that's how I "have" it anyway)

I liked using the pixel/original ship.

That must be how I have it since I don't remember buying it.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

L653ef9.png

It was meh, story is bad. Well, conceptually it's fine. Writing and acting are horrible though. I played it on PS Now so for that it was worth the time. Kind of ugly. The best actor was probably the main girl character... Alysia? something. She wasn't great or anything, but she almost emoted. Which for this game is a huge step up. And it kind of works since she's a vampire. If you want to laugh at some bad voice work, here's a game for you.

That must be how I have it since I don't remember buying it.

this was a ps+ game too

i hated the stupid protect the vampire chick part

i literally remember nothing else about it

L280d65.png

Iconoclasts

Like "Dust: An Elysian Tail," this game is another very impressive Metroidvania effort by a singular developer. While I actually didn't enjoy Iconoclasts during my initial hours with it, as there are many little things about its design which aggravated me (John Walker's RPS review covers a lot of my gripes), it certainly grew on me quite a bit by the time I finished the two playthroughs required for 100%. Anyone interested in the subgenre would do well to play it, but keep in mind that story and character development are really the focus. Respect to Joakim Sandberg for spending 8 years of his life creating this masterpiece, despite my issues with it. A great PS Plus title.

It turns out that the dreaded Challenge Mode isn't all that tough if you use 3 Iron Heart tweaks for protection. The ability to survive three hits provides more than enough leeway for dealing with the predictable bosses. I'd estimate the game is around a 7.5/10 difficulty to fully complete. I've uploaded a video to my YT, showing how all of the Challenge fights went, if anyone needs a visual aid.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate
  • Like 1

A couple of Sonic games... ?

Ld84401.png

Sonic CD

This is a weird Sonic game. First of all, the time travel. You can go to the past or the future, changing completely the layout of the stage. ? And this is funny! Then, the Chaos Emeralds Time Stones special stages: no rotating levels, no rings marathons, just an UFO hunting. Yes, you need to run and destroy six UFOs. And some levels are really annoying, but this is not due to the UFO, but to the crazy background, since some of them have dancing rainbows :dance:?, and these were really disturbing my sight. And I know now the experience of the mescaline described by Huxley: no thank you, this was more than enough ?.  I really appreciated some new stages, like the new Green Hill Palmtree Panic, Tidal Tempest or Quartz Quadrant, but the Wacky Workbench and the new Stardust Speedway were really bad.

And finally the 25 minutes speedrun, not too difficult. I finished in 24'15''85 and some levels times could be greatly improved, like the Sonic Spinball boss. ?

L9b2d78.png

Sonic Mania

This was really funny! This game should have been calles Sonic 4, one of the best Sonic games I've ever played. Everything is good (yes, also the pixel graphics) and there are a lot of easter eggs: bosses from previous games but with new ideas (like the final boss of the first Sonic game), Dr. Robotnik Mean Bean Machine minigame? (but it was too easy), new gameplay mechanisms (the "chemistry" in Chemical Plant zone), the shrinking ray (from Sonic CD) the shields (I haven't seen them for ages ?), and also new areas!

Like Sonic CD, you need to destroy UFOs in order to obtain a Chaos Emerald, and these special stages are easier than the Sonic CD ones.

And finally the hardest challenge: the gold medals in the sphere stages. During my run I failed 10 stages in a row :facepalm: (yes, I don't remember I was so bad with these levels), and then I started finishing them (and collecting the gold medals) one after another. And I understood why the spiral level was the most difficult (and annoying) : you need to be really precise, and most of the time I missed a sphere before jumping ? But I finished also this level. ?

P.S. : I'm always surprised by the % of the Sonic games, especially the ones with no platinum trophies. They are always around 5 or 7%! :blink:

Oh, yes, also this one:

L1398d7.png

Marvel's Spider-Man

Finally 100% of this amazing game! ?️

• Like 4

#118 - 100%

L70ff5d.png

100% on 18th December 2018
(3 months, 4 weeks, 18 hours)

**********My Personal Gaming Enjoyment Experience**********

"Evolve" is free on PlayStation Plus (S.E.Asia) this year and it is one of the Instant Games Collection line-up in February while I heard and saw the gameplay footage a few years back and I also know this is basically a 4 versus 1 multiplayer with either active players or A.I bots other than that I knew nothing about "Evolve". :dunno: So I went in blind don't know what to expect cause the only thing I knew is I need to earn a few trophies before the servers shutdown on 3rd September. :) If not I'll probably won't bother take a second look at this game because there is no storyline and it's not my type of game I'll normally play but one thing I do know this game can be boosted in private match and that is why I came in for few "easy" ultra rare trophies. :giggle:

Evolve Platinum Video
Spoiler

#119 - 100%

Lca7015.png

100% on 18th December 2018
(3 weeks, 5 days, 18 hours)

**********My Personal Gaming Enjoyment Experience**********

YO AYE...same as everyone who is PlayStation Plus subscribers I also join in "Burly Men at Sea" bandwagon on November. :awesome: It is pretty relaxing game as the story is short and can be completed in 10 to 15 minutes so are the platinum trophy that can also be easily achieved in 2 to 4 hours. :eyebrow:

Burly Men at Sea  Platinum Video
Spoiler

• Like 3

Lf2b512.png

Ninja Senki DX

$4.99 on the US store. An inexplicable 5.99€ in EU. (Judging by the sheer amount of owners, it was on PS+ at one point.)

The mechanics are extremely simple: armed with the abilities to (double) jump like a real ninja and throwing your shuriken at top speed, your task is to stay alive long enough to take revenge. 

As simple as the premise is, the game is not. The trophy rarities is definitely bloated, but the many playthroughs required do get tedious (if you’re like me: not the greatest fan of repetition), yet this game demands you to stay alert and stay focused. (No prancing around like a squirrel, calling friends or playing over lunch.)

• Like 2