[CONFIRMED] Dark Souls coming to PS4/X1/NS

Gwendly

1 hour ago, ziggypossum said:

PS4, PC, XBOX CONFIRMED!!

2_B9ht.png

Dark Souls TRILOGY for PS4

FUCK YES!!!!!!!

praisethesun.gif

There's no way I will miss that set. Looks sweet. 

I'm sad there is no Demon's Souls announcement though... That would have been perfect. 

This have given me the motivation to hurry the hell up with my plats to make Dark Souls my 200th platinun. 

Edited by Aexuz
  • Like 2

YEEEEESSSSS!!! Man, I felt like a kid at Christmas when I saw this was confirmed. :lol: Dark Souls is one of my favourite games of all time and I can't wait to experience it again, but this time in a new way. I'm gonna get totally immersed in the game once again - it's been too long! And like I said in my previous post in this topic, I'm absolutely going to make this my 200th platinum. Considering how Demon's Souls was my 100th platinum, this announcement couldn't have come at a better time. :)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

YEEEEESSSSS!!! Man, I felt like a kid at Christmas when I saw this was confirmed. :lol: Dark Souls is one of my favourite games of all time and I can't wait to experience it again, but this time in a new way. I'm gonna get totally immersed in the game once again - it's been too long! And like I said in my previous post in this topic, I'm absolutely going to make this my 200th platinum. Considering how Demon's Souls was my 100th platinum, this announcement couldn't have come at a better time. :)

I'm lucky Dark Souls was the only platinum from the Soul series I didn't have as a milestone in my profile. I have Demon's Souls as #1 platinum, Dark Souls II as #100, Dark Souls II (PS4) as #125 and Dark Souls III as #150.  Lets aim for that 200th platinum now :) 

• Like 3

What an amazing announcement, The souls series are my favorite games, I played Dark Souls before Demon Souls and loved it, Maybe I should get my Dark Souls 2 and 3 plat prior to release. Thanks again From software. Here's to much fun with the Capra Demon again lol

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DlwyjiV.gif

PRAISE THE SUN MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DlwyjiV.gif

PRAISE THE SUN MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

P    R    A   I  S  E          IT        SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH HYPE!!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

1 minute ago, Edunstar84 said:

I don't mind giving it a try. Would be my first time playing the series.

You need to play this. 

• Like 3

Somewhat worried about the fact that they're using the base engine from Dark Souls 3. I wouldn't want to see this become a DS1 themed skin for DS3.

Will wait until they reveal gameplay before i form a proper opinion.

2 minutes ago, Happy said:

Somewhat worried about the fact that they're using the base engine from Dark Souls 3. I wouldn't want to see this become a DS1 themed skin for DS3.

Will wait until they reveal gameplay before i form a proper opinion.

TBH I hope it doesn't look too much like DkS3 either. I really really hope not. I loved the unique look of DkS1. Also I hope they keep the metal clanking when you walk/run in heavy armor. I loved that sound. It felt like actually wearing armor. Clank clank clank clank 

Edited by gameman999
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Bit disappointed it's not Demon's Souls. I'll likely still re-buy the first Dark Souls for PS4 though, it still remains my favourite in the series.

I'm glad it isn't Demon's Souls! Selfish, I know, but I'm just about to get the DeS platinum and it would suck knowing the game I just finished was getting a remastered but the game I'm about to play wasn't. Can't wait to go through the entire series on PS4.

you all seem to love this game so maybe you can explain something to me about it without becoming defensive and hostile. How did the game become so popular with such sluggish and clunky controls? Most of the time this is something that games do not get a free pass on yet these games do it and i find that odd. I played over 50% of Demons Souls and only about 25% of Dark Souls and a little bit of Bloodborne.

I did not find them difficult but the controls really killed any enjoyment I might have found in the games. Maybe some of you folks can shed some light on this for me. Bloodborne did feel like a big improvement though plus the Lovecraft-esqe style.

I love the atmosphere these games have along with some of the monster designs and kept hoping for better controls but i know it would not happen as giving a game intentionally bad controls gives an illusion of difficulty. And they wanted these games to be difficult.

So how is it that these games get a  "free pass" on sluggish and clunky controls while other games (not those trying to emulate) get bashed for the same thing? I have been trying to get honest answers to this but every where i have asked it i get "flamed" and of their favorite brainless answer of "git gud".

11 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

you all seem to love this game so maybe you can explain something to me about it without becoming defensive and hostile. How did the game become so popular with such sluggish and clunky controls? Most of the time this is something that games do not get a free pass on yet these games do it and i find that odd. I played over 50% of Demons Souls and only about 25% of Dark Souls and a little bit of Bloodborne.

I did not find them difficult but the controls really killed any enjoyment I might have found in the games. Maybe some of you folks can shed some light on this for me. Bloodborne did feel like a big improvement though plus the Lovecraft-esqe style.

I love the atmosphere these games have along with some of the monster designs and kept hoping for better controls but i know it would not happen as giving a game intentionally bad controls gives an illusion of difficulty. And they wanted these games to be difficult.

So how is it that these games get a  "free pass" on sluggish and clunky controls while other games (not those trying to emulate) get bashed for the same thing? I have been trying to get honest answers to this but every where i have asked it i get "flamed" and of their favorite brainless answer of "git gud".

They're not unresponsive, they just have horrible input buffering.

5 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

As a massive fan of Souls games I’ll say this: 

“Just git gud, bro!”

(jk - man, do I hate the kind of silly yogurt who spouts that kind of nonsense!)

For my part, I do understand the ‘sluggish’ controls arguement. It’s a bit disingenuous for even the most die-hard fan to deny it, since even they would admit that going back from DS3 to DS1 or Bloodborne to Demons Souls feels pretty swimmy at first. (They have gotten faster from game to game).  But I think that the very precise slow, methodical approach that the controls require and facilitate is more acceptable in these games, because everything in these games lends itself to that same precise, slow, methodical pace of play.

Souls games are full of lore and secrets and obscure nooks and crannies, and the stories require the player to delve into little details in item descriptions and well-hidden tidbits of info and environmental design. That kind of game simply wouldn’t work if the player were to fly through it quickly, which they would likely do if the combat was super fast like, say, a Bayonetta or a Devil May Cry. 

Whether that is due to intentional design by the developers, or just a happy accident - a lucky confluence of design, tone and budget restrictions - that is up for debate (my personal guess is that, at least in the first few games, it was the latter,) but it has become, for better or worse, a staple of the genre. Most non-Souls Souls-a-Like games stick to this slower paced, animation-priority-heavy combat. (Eg. The Surge, Lords of the Fallen, Salt and Sanctuary)

When I sit down to play a Souls game, I am accepting a certain type of experience. I will need concentration, patience, thought and, above all, stamina. I might get invaded. I might find a new path, or a new weapon that has some little tie-in to a piece of, heretofore incomprehensible, lore that, without some thought, I might miss the significance of. I might do everything right, only to make one little mistake and lose an hour of progress in an instant. I won’t even be able to pause the game!

As a result, its not so much a sprint, as a marathon. The pace of combat, if not directly feeding into that mentality, is certainly somewhat excused by it.

I won’t always be in the mood for that - and that’s fine, I can always switch to something more tight and fast for a while - but the feeling of beating a souls game is different to beating those games. It’s less like winning a game of tennis and more like having climbed a mountain. When someone reaches a summit, I doubt they complain about how slowly and carefully they had to work their way up  - indeed, that is precisely what makes the view so sweet.

That’s my two cents on it anyway. These games aren’t for everyone, but for those who they are for, they are hard to beat (in more ways than one) :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

Apparently those clunky controls are tweaked in a way that mimics real life, So when you're fighting in a narrow path and the monsters can do whatever they want (they can hit you but you barely can) it's because they're monsters but you're human. 

I remember I recommended Demon's soul to my brother Loooooong time ago, even before it was famous in US, and we immediately noticed that As usual you need to know the pattern for the enemies and tight timing because you will be really punished if you fail and then you're good to go, strategy will establish how long will take you, if you don't want to use exploits you need something that I lack now, because I don't have it right now Patience/time and my reflexes are not as good as 20 years ago. It's a very slow approach from you to be effective.

I'm not a fan of frantic action speed a la Bayonetta or ninja Gaiden but neither to something so methodical as these games.

The closer I got to those was long time ago when I played games about Crusades, there "you're very slow" due the armor you're wearing and the swords are heavier than mjolnir.

• Like 1

Bandai Namco has released a trailer for “Dark Souls Remastered”, providing some details on box art. There will be further details on this edition coming soon, but for now you should know that FromSoftware has been working on fixing known issues, bugs and exploits since 2016, with a little help from Fextralife.

The remake runs at 1080p on the PS4 and Xbox One with 60 FPS.

Clarifying since people get ahead of themselves: We are not confirming different mechanics (besides 6 players) or specifics on the game itself. This is a “remake” of the game using Dark Souls 3’s engine base. Expect Combat differences accordingly – Lightning, SFX and textures are rebuilt based on Dark Sousl 3.

https://fextralife.com/dark-souls-remaster-coming-switch-ps4-xbox-one-may-25th-2018/