Bayonetta 3 Official Teaser Trailer - The Game Awards 2017

ziggypossum

I'm sure this will upset some Bayonetta fans who want the game on other systems too, but it is great to see Nintendo getting some high quality, third party exclusive titles. 

Also, I've moved this thread to the "Consoles" sub-forum due to this being a Switch exclusive. 

Parker

Mixed feelings about it, i love that they're making another one, but of course it has to be an exclusive to Nintendo... sucks that Sony wasn't the one to get that deal with Platinum, and after Scalebound, i don't see a deal being made with MS any time soon.

Kinda funny to see people reacting like they are to it being Switch exclusive, ofc it's gonna be, Sony and Microsoft didn't want anything do do with a Bayo 2, so Nintendo picked it up, and bam, end of story. I got Bayo 2 on Wii U, but never really went that far into it, maybe I'll buy it when it comes on Switch next year.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

All Bayonetta games have come out and been announced since DMC4 came out in 2008.

Fuck you Capcom.

But seriously, as a fan of both series, happy that Bayonetta is getting more games. But as a DMC fanboy first and foremost, this stings.

1 hour ago, Parker said:

I'm sure this will upset some Bayonetta fans who want the game on other systems too, but it is great to see Nintendo getting some high quality, third party exclusive titles. 

Screw them lmao. They're not paying for exclusivity so they don't really have a right to be upset. This is a huge win for Nintendo.

Love this series but when the second game released on that dog of a console I knew my time with it would begin and end with the first game. It'll be interesting to see how this sells I get the feeling, like the 2nd installment, it won't do well but as long as Nintendo and not Platinum take the financial loss again I'm good.

• Like 1

It's time like this when I have to say well done to Nintendo. Out the gate strong and hard with the switch, every month something great coming out on the system.

And then I think about the X-Box brand, what exclusives does XBox have on the horizon these days? I know they released a new system the other day, but what killer apps did it have? I can't think of any. With PS4 leading and NIntendo making a massive comeback. Not a good place for XBox to be in to be honest.

• Like 2

I never played Bayonetta because I'm not a fan of the genre and the oversexed design of the main character didn't appeal to me. Will probably pick up the port of the first two games to see if it is something for me after all, since both have gotten great reviews.

Somehow though I thought that B1 was a Wii exclusive and B2 went multiplatform, instead of the other way around.

5 minutes ago, Fragtaster said:

Well I'm officially hyped - I have a switch, and have played Bayonneta through on three platforms now. Though after replaying through the first game in 4k on steam earlier this year, I'm also VERY disappointed that Bayonneta 3 won't be on other technically (hardware-wise) superior platforms. Entering 2018, 720p/60 is getting long in the tooth imo.

Just want to point out that you mean graphics-wise, as 'hardware' includes that the Switch can be used as a portable console.

Personally, I don't mind 720p/60fps really, as long as story and/or gameplay are solid. I do get it though, when it comes to movies I'm watching Blu-ray over DVD and in the cinema I prefer IMAX/4K to a regular screen. It's just that I don't mind that much when it comes to games.

43 minutes ago, Fragtaster said:

No, I meant 'hardware-wise'. Even though it's impressive as a portable system, as a console (which switch it is also), it's Tegra chipset is leagues behind the hardware in the other platforms. If I had my choice, I'd play Bayonneta 3 on PC. But as it is, I'll have to make do with a blurry/jagged image on my 4k tv.

I guess I might play it in portable mode (it'll probably look nice on the 720p screen), but I mainy play my switch docked. But who know maybe they'll pull of 900p docked. Not likely knowing PlatinumGames history, but it's possible I guess (fingers crossed here). Either way I'm hyped to play it.

I meant that "hardware" is the whole package, not just the power it has. To me, the Switch is the superior console hardware-wise as I give much more weight to the system being able to go portable as well as docked, than to it not being as powerful. I agree that the Switch is less powerful, it's just that hardware is more than just the chips.

I started out using my Switch docked almost exclusively but it's evolved to me using it mostly in handheld, and occasionally docked.

Going back to Bayonetta: I take it you're someone who would recommend it? I'm not usually into the genre but I enjoyed mich of God Of War (mainly the second game and all of 3 except the ending), I also enjoyed DmC: Devil May Cry and I kinda liked Dante's Inferno and Castlevania Lords Of Shadow though I played the latter two before playing God Of War and I don't know if I would still enjoy them now.

4 hours ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

Love this series but when the second game released on that dog of a console I knew my time with it would begin and end with the first game. It'll be interesting to see how this sells I get the feeling, like the 2nd installment, it won't do well but as long as Nintendo and not Platinum take the financial loss again I'm good.

Platinum takes a financial lost no matter how you spin it if a game sells poorly. Don't show off how much of a fanboy you are because a game gets released on a specific console that you don't have/like.

Speaking of said dog of a console, you do realize Bayonetta 2 came out in 2014, right? You know, almost a full year after PS4 and XB1 released (Bayo2 released Sept 24, 2014; while the consoles released November 2013). In addition, the Wii U released in 2012 and made most of its sales in the first year. By 2014, it was practically on life support, barely getting new sales. It didn't do well, but it didn't have much of a chance to thrive. The Switch is a different animal entirely, and if you cannot see that, I feel sorry for your narrow-mindedness.

It's genuinely amusing how many people bad mouth the Wii U for its failures, but fail to register why it failed. Which would be the lack of third party titles, exclusives and otherwise.

The Switch is less than a year into its life span, and it's getting a lot of the Wii U's failures right. And what are some narcissistic people's opinions of this? OH WELL THE WII U WAS TRASH LUL. Ignoring the issue entirely.

Perhaps one day someone will pull the wool over your eyes. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Platinum takes a financial lost no matter how you spin it if a game sells poorly. Don't show off how much of a fanboy you are because a game gets released on a specific console that you don't have/like.

Speaking of said dog of a console, you do realize Bayonetta 2 came out in 2014, right? You know, almost a full year after PS4 and XB1 released (Bayo2 released Sept 24, 2014; while the consoles released November 2013). In addition, the Wii U released in 2012 and made most of its sales in the first year. By 2014, it was practically on life support, barely getting new sales. It didn't do well, but it didn't have much of a chance to thrive. The Switch is a different animal entirely, and if you cannot see that, I feel sorry for your narrow-mindedness.

Nintendo is a corporation not your firstborn, you don't need to defend them so vehemently. Yet you have the temerity to call me a fanboy, you may be the living definition of the term 'lack of self-awareness'.