The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

Oh well, at least I tried lol.

http://youtu.be/nIpV1HEIMAI

It starts at the 55 minute mark! None of the driving was done by professional stuntmen. All was done on the actual streets, most without filming permits on the sly without the knowledge of the local authorities. The scene were the mayor is speaking about the new building during the car chase, that is the actual mayor of Carson City holding an actual press conference. When Hal hits the lightpole, that was not planned, and the film crew left it down without letting anybody know what happened.

gog.jpg

GOG - 1954

At a secret underground research facility, far out in the desert, scientists working on preparations for a manned space mission, are getting murdered mysteriously. Two agents from the OSI are dispatched to solve the mystery and keep the super secret space station program on track. The scientists are killed in various ways, mostly through equipment malfunctions.

The facility director and the agents suspect sabotage. Small transmitter/receiver boxes are found within equipment in different parts of the facility. They suggest that someone on the outside is transmitting in the "malfunctions" in order to kill off the program's scientists. Occasional alarms indicate some flying high intruder, but nothing is clearly found. One of the base's two robots, named Gog, kills another technician while it's mate, Magog, tries to set up an overload within the base's atomic pile. The OSI agents stop Magog with a flame thrower.

Meanwhile, interceptor jets scramble and find the highflying spy jet and destroy it with missiles. Once the trouble is past, the Director announces that they will be launching their prototype space station the next day, despite the sabotage attempts to stop it.

Just a great late, late night classic Sci-Fi. If you have not seen this, make it a point to do so. This is the last of Ivan Tors' OSI trilogy, the other two movies in the trilogy being: Magnetic Monster and Riders to the Stars, both of which were equally good Sci-Fi movies.

On NETFLIX now.

6.5/10

• Like 1

TheWorldofTheHungerGames.jpg

8.5/10

This movie was fantastic. For someone who read the book first and loved it, this was a must see. The movie stayed true to most things, while giving a background to the game makers. There were characters who were cut from the movie to speed up the plot (Madge, the prep team). The movie did seem quite fast, and because of that the relationship between characters wasn't as strong. But again, you can't expect everything. I would HIGHLY suggest you read the book first. There are things they do not explain in the movie that they explain in the book. Overall, go see it.

The Hunger Games. I actually wasn't expecting this film to be anything but a hollywood cash-in, but it proved to be much more than a simple piece of tacky cinema. A truely compelling story and a terrifying political state. Totalitarianism at its finest! XP

I watched The Pirates in an Adventure with Scientists (The Pirates Band of Misfits for those in USA). I loved it, hilarious, and ABSOLUTELY MAD. Doesn't make a lick of sense, but it's fun, with the quality of animation you'd expect from Aardman.

Also watched Titanic 3D. I love the film. 3D didn't add a WHOLE lot too it, but seeing it on the big screen was the main reason.