The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

To Wong Foo, Thanks for everything! Julie Newmar

Towongfoo.jpg

Blade, Luigi, and Johnny Castle in Drag road trip to Hollywood from New York to compete in the National Drag Queen contest.

I would say it isn't for children since they might be confused about why those men are in dresses. :unsure:

Hilarious in every way, and not because it is about men in drag.

9.5/10

Great flick...great acting...

Currently Watching...

51Y4RTGY8RL._SS500_.jpg

Funny thing about this movie...the copyright is 1947 and the front of the box has it listed as an academy award nominee for 1942.

The Matrix Revolutions

51Q8oii-BoL_SX500_.jpg

I heard that a lot of people didn't really like it, but I enjoyed it and thought it was a pretty good ending. I didn't like how they got a different actress to play The Oracle and just said "Oh, she upgraded and stuff.". I just wish that there was more to the ending scene instead of just showing a sun rising from behind some skyscrapers. It would have been nice if they extended the ending a bit to show everything "normal" in the city instead of an image of it from a distance. It was a really solid movie and I have to say that I enjoyed it more than Matrix Reloaded. Reloaded had really amazing scenes such as the freeway chase and the search for the Keymaster, but I feel that Reloaded confused me the most :unsure:. After watching all 3, I could go as far and say that The Matrix is better than Star Wars. (Well, Revolutions was certainly a lot better than Return of the Jedi... goddamn Ewoks ruined the last half of that movie.)

8.75/10

21701757_them_lg.jpg

THEM! - 1954

One of my "Top 3" favorite classic horror movies, THEM! is one movie I can watch over and over again (and I do).

The film begins with New Mexico State Police Sergeant Ben Peterson investigating the disappearance of a vacationing FBI agent and his wife, the Ellison's, after discovery of their little girl wandering the desert near Alamogordo, New Mexico, mute and in a state of shock. The FBI sends in Ellison's fellow agent Robert Graham to assist. The Ellison trailer is found pulled asunder by some great force, with a single strange track near the wreckage. When the FBI is unable to identify the track, they attract the attention of Doctors Harold and Pat Medford, a father/daughter team of entomologists from the Department of Agriculture.

The elder Doctor Medford arrives on the scene with a theory, but will not disclose it until he tries an experiment on the Ellison girl, having her smell the contents of a vial of formic acid, which frees her from her state of near-catatonic withdrawal, screaming "Them! Them!" Returning to the destroyed trailer with Peterson, Graham and his daughter, Medford has his theory dramatically given its final proof when the group encounters a patrol of foraging ants, mutated by atomic radiation to the size of automobiles. The lawmen kill one of the ants with a Thompson sub-machine gun after finding that their revolvers have little effect. They aimed for the antennae on Medford's advice that they were helpless without them.

A company of the US Army is brought in, led by General O'Brien (Stevens), which locates the ants' nest and exterminates the inhabitants with poison gas. The younger Dr. Medford, who accompanied the army into the nest, finds evidence that two young queens have hatched and flown away to establish new colonies. Trying to avoid a general panic, the government covertly monitors and investigates any reports of unusual activities as sightings of "flying saucers". One of the queens ends up in the hold of an ocean-going freighter loaded with sugar, which is then overrun by the ants and subsequently sunk by a US Navy cruiser. From the rantings of an alcoholic the other queen is finally tracked to the Los Angeles storm sewer system, forcing the Army to openly declare martial law and launch a major assault. Peterson rescues two young boys trapped by the ants in a sewer tunnel, but at the cost of his own life. The nest's queen and egg chamber are destroyed with flamethrowers, but the senior Dr. Medford issues a grim warning that the atomic genie has been let out of the bottle, and further horrors may await mankind.

8/10

• Like 1

Back to the Future

51-ZZEIR0YL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Marty Mcfly befriends strange scientist Emmett Brown and they go on adventures in a souped up Delorean the doc has turned into a time machine.

Awesome movie, but never did see the second one. Hmm...

Christopher Lloyd one of the better actors of the previous generations imo of course, wish I could have met him.

9/10

I just watched X-Men First Class it was really good, I didn't expect much from it so it was a pleasant surprise for me, I really enjoyed it. I hope they make more X-Men movies following this same cast and not too far off in time frame. (Every X-Men movie I've seen [i haven't seen them all I know] has been with Professor X as pretty old, which is fine, but I really like this younger cast and how they met and such.)

4297.jpg

Massoud Amir Behrani is living a lie to fulfill a dream.

Once a member of the Shah of Iran's elite inner circle, he has brought his family to America to build a new life. Despite a pretense of continued affluence, he is barely making ends meet until he sees his opportunity in the auction of a house being sold for back taxes.

It is a terrible mistake.

Through a bureaucratic snafu, the house had been improperly seized from its rightful owner, Kathy Nicolo, a self-destructive alcoholic. The loss of her home tears away Kathy's last hope of a stable life--a life that had been nearly destroyed by addiction--and Kathy decides to fight to recover her home at any cost. Her struggle is joined by deputy sheriff Lester Burdon, who tries to take the law into his own hands to help Kathy.

Ultimately the tale, itself, explores what happens when the American Dream goes terribly awry.

Exceptional movie!

Youth in Revolt - 7/10

Was ok not as funny as I thought it was gonna be

The Ring (japanese) - 8/10

Creepy but since I have seen the american version I kinda knew what was coming

Dark Water - 9/10

Amazing film creeped the hell out of me for most of the film

metropolis-1927-r1-front-cover-66624.jpg

Metropolis - 1927

Although A Trip to the Moon is considered as the first significant Sci-Fi movie, Metropolis gave audiences their first glimpse into the future (taking place in the year 2026) of what our daily lives and our cities may look like.

Unlike many of the crude silent films of this era, Metropolis boasted massive sets, surprisingly good FX, and an extremely huge cast of extras. Some report that the total number of extras for Metropolis was near 20,000. Metropolis is also unique in that not only does it show what a terrestrial modern city may look like, but it also depicts a subterranean city as well. There is a very strong message in the depiction of the classes in this move: Those who live above ground are rich and live a luxurious life, while underground workers are herded like lifeless robots and treated like subhuman worker ants.

When the son of Metropolis’ leader falls in love with one of the subterranean workers named Maria, (who is considered to be a savior by many of the underclass), the leader builds a robot who looks like Maria in order to destroy their city and children. The real Maria and the leader’s son, however, convinces his father and the subterranean workers to come together in order to build a better future, thus stopping a revolt between the two classes.

Metropolis has the ability to both mesmerize and fascinate the viewer, while also projecting the feeling of despair and hopelessness that the underclass workers suffer throughout this movie.

The use of shadows and lighting are practically pushed to the limits, resulting in one of the most atmospheric movies of early cinema. Metropolis also boasted several innovative camera “tricks”, the most famous being what is known as the Schüfftan process; a technique used many years later by Alfred Hitchcock.

Metropolis is, perhaps, the definitive Sci-Fi movie of the silent era, and one whose influence can be seen in many modern-day Sci-Fi movies today.

8.5/10

• Like 2

Shark_Night-2011-.jpg

Arriving by boat at her family's Louisiana lake island cabin, Sara (Sara Paxton) and her friends quickly strip down to their swimsuits for a weekend of fun in the sun. But when star football player Malik (Sinqua Walls) stumbles from the salt-water lake with his arm torn off, the party mood quickly evaporates.

Assuming the injury was caused by a freak wake-boarding accident, the group realizes they have to get Malik to a hospital on the other side of the lake, and fast. But as they set out in a tiny speedboat, the college friends discover the lake has been stocked with hundreds of massive, flesh-eating sharks!

As they face one grisly death after another, Sara and the others struggle desperately to fend off the sharks, get help and stay alive long enough to reach the safety of dry land.

Pure and utter crap of a movie. Acting was terrible and there was every movie cliche known to man in this horrid movie. Good cinematography for such a shitty move, but that is about it.

2/10