Questions about flag

PianoBunny

What is cheating? Cheating is when you use a CFW or download some save file to get trophies or some kind of thing in game? So why players that don't have CFW and did not use a save file are flagged and called cheaters ? Do you have any other definition of cheating?  How many innocent got flagged and removed from leaderboards because some shit head poped trophies for someone in COD game or even in GTA 10.000 or more ? 

• Like 3

Last year i contacted Ubisoft regarding issue with trophy Always Attack (EndWar). They were really surprised to know what EndWar PS3 server is still working. Ubisoft closed PS3 server many years ago and supported only PC server.

Somebody (hacker?) illegally run EndWar server during few years. This server was unofficial, private.

The question: Must players who obtained EndWar trophies online ne flagged? These trophies were unobtainable the same way as unontainablte now trophy Run like the wind (GTA5)

Edited by IoIly
correction. Added: "many years ago"

13 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

@bezdomnekoty

@PianoBunny

This is what is considered cheating.

Joining hacked multiplayer lobbies that auto-unlock trophies fits the GTA issue here.  Also Impossible time stamps.

The End.

I can see that you can read nice. Someone should consider a few changes to that point you mentioned because many people are banned for being innocent. The End my friend.

6 minutes ago, IoIly said:

Last year i contacted Ubisoft regarding issue with trophy Always Attack (EndWar). They were really surprised to know what EndWar PS3 server is still working. Ubisoft closed PS3 server many years ago and supported only PC server.

Somebody (hacker?) illegally run EndWar server during few years. This server was unofficial, private.

The question: Must players who obtained EndWar trophies online ne flagged? These trophies were unobtainable the same way as unontainablte now trophy Run like the wind (GTA5)

From my understanding the servers are still up for that game. Like most ubisoft games, the servers are peer to peer so when they shut down supporting the online the servers still work.

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

@bezdomnekoty

@PianoBunny

This is what is considered cheating.

Joining hacked multiplayer lobbies that auto-unlock trophies fits the GTA issue here.  Also Impossible time stamps.

The End.

That's why we are talking about this topic and propose a white list, the trophy run like the wind won't auto pop when one enter a hacked lobby. Earning this trophy is not against this regulation.

Besides.This is the forum regulations. Even the law of a country is modified all the time.

@B1rvine

Edited by PianoBunny

32 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

What is cheating? Cheating is when you use a CFW or download some save file to get trophies or some kind of thing in game? So why players that don't have CFW and did not use a save file are flagged and called cheaters ? Do you have any other definition of cheating?  How many innocent got flagged and removed from leaderboards because some shit head poped trophies for someone in COD game or even in GTA 10.000 or more ? 

This is my whole issue with the whole thing and why I say it sucks.  Folks don't mod saves or anything.  They just play the game.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

I can see that you can read nice. Someone should consider a few changes to that point you mentioned because many people are banned for being innocent. The End my friend.

Might I redirect you to this thread where there has been detailed discussion on potential changes to how flags can be handled regarding games with modded lobbies etc.

It is an interesting read and it would certainly be better for people to make their contributions there, rather than this petty bickering that's not really achieving anything.  

2 hours ago, IoIly said:

Hi. The description of trophy "Run like the wind": SURVIVE with a Bounty on your head. Not a GET a bounty on your head.

1)The hacker who put bounty on your head dont help you to survive. He just create conditions for obtaining this trophy. You have to survive to ontain the trophy yourself. So you ll get this trophy legit even with the hacker 's help if you survive without his help.

2) We dont know who is this guy who put bounty on your head. Are you sure he is hacker? May be he is Rockstar guy and test the thing?

3) My advice to people who cant get this trophy: Conact Sony support and demand they return your money. Trophies are the part of the game. Sony returned me money twice 

A thousand times yes when it comes to this game. If he does everything else legit and then gets someone to put a bounty on him then he's kinda earning it legit. He's not auto popping the trophy and he still needs to do what the description says to even earn it. I think this is one of those trophies that deserves that special look the other way. If it was the level trophies then sure I would want it flagged but this kinda thing I don't think anyone would care cause it doesn't affect any leader board  and he still needs to earn the trophy. Just cause a modder puts a bounty on him doesn't guarantee he even earns the trophy. This is like the only trophy I can think of that people shouldn't care about. It's not like other unobtainable trophies where you use a save file to pop it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grimydawg said:

You need to read carefully, it seems.  I've expressed my personal opinion saying I'd rather not deal with something like this because I don't think it's right, but I will enforce a rule.  @PianoBunny didn't answer my question, but that's not surprising either.  I despise this because people such as yourself can't/wont read what I say, and as a result, I'm the a-hole when I respond the way I do at times. 

I'm fairly certain I've the reading comprehension necessary to note the backhandedness of your comment to OP:

You initially said what amounted to "that sucks" before immediately following up with "but you had time bro," so yes, you are the a-hole, or at the very least extremely passive aggressive and aloof. Lastly, please don't blame anyone other than yourself because you can't express yourself in a way that won't rankle the feathers of fellow board members.

The gaming community is often elitist, so much so it oftentimes breeds resentment and a pettiness usually reserved for the political sphere.

7 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

This is my whole issue with the whole thing and why I say it sucks.  Folks don't mod saves or anything.  They just play the game.

And I agree, as evidenced by the final line of my comment above.

@TheLakota again how am I wrong?  The game's been out for years.  OP started this game months after it's been unobtainable, and there have been discussions on this game since.  If folks don't like answers, they should probably stop asking questions.  I gave an honest answer.  I can care a less if you or anyone else like it.  As I've said many times in these similar situations, I'm reluctant to flag on a game like this, but I will.

Edited by grimydawg

2 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Uh, Sony doesn't have anything to do with it.  You would contact R* and ask them for your money back.  They in turn will laugh hysterically (with the rest of us in the community).  Blame the hackers that caused so many problems.  Besides, GTA V is one of the few games that gives you FREE DLCs, missions and content.  So please, just stop. ?

If you bought broken thing the store which sold it to you must return you money. If Sony sold you broken GTA5 via psn store you ll get your money back after short investigation

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

@TheLakota again how am I wrong?  The game's been out for years.  OP started this game months after it's been unobtainable, and there have been discussions on this game since.  If folks don't like answers, they should probably stop asking questions.  I gave an honest answer.  I can care a less if you or anyone else like it.  As I've said many times in these similar situations, I'm reluctant to flag on a game like this, but I will.

You're wrong because of the way in which you present your message. The game having "been out for years" is irrelevant; this doesn't have to be so damn binary.

But it's okay, you do you.

21 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

I can talk to Sly and see.  This is just one trophy, and you're not modding your save or anything like that.  So, this may change.  I can't guarantee anything, though.  As of right now, you'll like be flagged.  That may change. 

That will be helpful,bro. I play gta5 only in private lobby now.

Rough I don't really care about the leadboard very much cause I am level 5 in PSN. I just want to get 100%  without being regarded a cheater.  

9 hours ago, IoIly said:

Hi. The description of trophy "Run like the wind": SURVIVE with a Bounty on your head. Not a GET a bounty on your head.

1)The hacker who put bounty on your head dont help you to survive. He just create conditions for obtaining this trophy. You have to survive to ontain the trophy yourself. So you ll get this trophy legit even with the hacker 's help if you survive without his help.

2) We dont know who is this guy who put bounty on your head. Are you sure he is hacker? May be he is Rockstar guy and test the thing?

3) My advice to people who cant get this trophy: Conact Sony support and demand they return your money. Trophies are the part of the game. Sony returned me money twice 

Wishful thinking.

7 hours ago, HailHale81 said:

A thousand times yes when it comes to this game. If he does everything else legit and then gets someone to put a bounty on him then he's kinda earning it legit. He's not auto popping the trophy and he still needs to do what the description says to even earn it. I think this is one of those trophies that deserves that special look the other way. If it was the level trophies then sure I would want it flagged but this kinda thing I don't think anyone would care cause it doesn't affect any leader board  and he still needs to earn the trophy. Just cause a modder puts a bounty on him doesn't guarantee he even earns the trophy. This is like the only trophy I can think of that people shouldn't care about. It's not like other unobtainable trophies where you use a save file to pop it.

And you buy into it. :(

Just to be clear, once again. Trophies earned through hacking is considered cheated, and cheated trophies can get flagged.

And just to be perfectly clear, just so anyone who consider taking the risk of doing it on purpose. There's been made about 1300 reports on the PS3 version of GTA5 alone. I've maybe made some few of these reports, but that in the case of CFW garbage, but the rest is other people. People report you for this game! It's very easy to find if you've cheated it too...

Trying to make up excuses for why it's okay to do won't get you anywhere in a dispute thread. It's only wishful thinking.

The feature is no longer available in the PS3 version, so someone putting the bounty on you is through hacking, therefore, it's flaggable, regardless if you do all the other things required for the trophy as it was intended or whatever.

I might have someone go through all the reports and decide what should be flagged and what shouldn't. Create some strong guidelines on our side about it, but to everyone else, just avoid earning trophies through cheating altogether. You risk getting flagged for it.

Edited by MMDE

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Wishful thinking.

And you buy into it. :(

Just to be clear, once again. Trophies earned through hacking is considered cheated, and cheated trophies can get flagged.

And just to be perfectly clear, just so anyone who consider taking the risk of doing it on purpose. There's been made about 1300 flags on the PS3 version of GTA5 alone. I've maybe made some few of these reports, but that in the case of CFW garbage, but the rest is other people. People report you for this game! It's very easy to find if you've cheated it too...

Trying to make up excuses for why it's okay to do won't get you anywhere in a dispute thread. It's only wishful thinking.

The feature is no longer available in the PS3 version, so someone putting the bounty on you is through hacking, therefore, it's flaggable, regardless if you do all the other things required for the trophy as it was intended or whatever.

I might have someone go through all the reports and decide what should be flagged and what shouldn't. Create some strong guidelines on our side about it, but to everyone else, just avoid earning trophies through cheating altogether. You risk getting flagged for it.

Maybe you should read and change the rules of this forum ,cause the rules are not like what you said. It says Joining hacked multiplayer lobbies that auto-unlock trophies. This trophy doesn't auto-lock. 

@MMDEI can't reply to you in normal way so just reply here.

If you agree a hacker give me a bounty is fine, this trophy is not impossible.

In fact R* never make an anouncement they lock npc' bounty, or other ways to get a bounty, I remembered R* just said lock"some feathers" . You can't decide whether it is obtainable. 

In fact, all people are just guessing this trophy can be obtained only with help of a hack.

Edited by PianoBunny
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, PianoBunny said:

Maybe you should read and change the rules of this forum ,cause the rules are not like what you said. It says Joining hacked multiplayer lobbies that auto-unlock trophies. This trophy doesn't auto-lock. 

I've read the rules and I'm also one of those who determine the outcome of these cases. Anyway, it goes under "impossible trophies", because the service is no longer available on PS3, so the trophies are impossible without hacking.

Anyone who started playing the PS3 version after it became unobtainable is definitely risking getting flagged if they get it, that's for sure.

Edited by MMDE

On 12/26/2017 at 6:00 AM, Lorajet said:

@PianoBunny I know you are frustrated, but quite a few of us have a problem game like you do.  I also have a problem with GTA V.  When we were able to transfer our PS3 characters over to the PS4, one trophy did not pop (I had it on the PS3).  That trophy is "Off the Plane".  You can only get it one time, and that is when you enter the online part of the game.  It popped on the PS3, but not on the PS4. R* is of no help on this.  So I know I can never Plat this game.  It just isn't worth it to try to manipulate the game.

did you try making another character? or making a new character and doing the race with lamar? thats what helped me

56 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

So just to clarify, if you happen to play GTA V on PS3 one day and someone places a bounty on your head through no fault of your own, you will then need to hide the resulting trophy or risk getting removed from the leaderboard. Correct?

Not really, as it is now, if someone places a bounty on your head you can leave the lobby, if the trophy only pops after suviving the bounty all you have to do is not survive or leave I would assume. So only people who want the trophy will get it, because if the trophy doesn't pop instantly you can still avoid getting it.

17 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Not really, as it is now, if someone places a bounty on your head you can leave the lobby, if the trophy only pops after suviving the bounty all you have to do is not survive or leave I would assume. So only people who want the trophy will get it, because if the trophy doesn't pop instantly you can still avoid getting it.

Then yeah, no thanks. I'll just write this game off like I did Black Ops II to avoid the victim blame game.

11 hours ago, IoIly said:

If you bought broken thing the store which sold it to you must return you money. If Sony sold you broken GTA5 via psn store you ll get your money back after short investigation

In that case then Sony should refund my money on Gran Turismo 5 as they shut down the servers and removed 3 trophies from being earned.  Isn't that against the law?  As a matter of fact, I have quite a few games I could get my money back due to server shutdowns, trophies missing, games that weren't as fun as I thought they would be, games I suck at, games that don't have nice graphics, etc etc etc.

If I got all that money back, I could buy more games to bitch about!!  (Just to clarify, this is sarcasm, in case you didn't catch on). ?