Questions about flag

PianoBunny

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

You're missing the points I'm making completely.

I understand your points thanks. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm so dense that I miss your points. Anyways I'm done as well.

Btw, thanks for all the in depth hard work you do in the disputes.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Lorajet said:

In that case then Sony should refund my money on Gran Turismo 5 as they shut down the servers and removed 3 trophies from being earned.  Isn't that against the law?  As a matter of fact, I have quite a few games I could get my money back due to server shutdowns, trophies missing, games that weren't as fun as I thought they would be, games I suck at, games that don't have nice graphics, etc etc etc.

If I got all that money back, I could buy more games to bitch about!!  (Just to clarify, this is sarcasm, in case you didn't catch on). 1f644.png

It is not just a trophy. Rockstar cut contain of main game, you cant obtain platinum trophy now. Many people will refuse to buy game with unobtainable platinum. Trophies are the main part of the game for many people. There is a warning in the psn store if game's server was closed. Did EA inform people when GT5 servers be closed?

Sony returned me money for game Darkest Dungeon just cause the end of game video was frozen and people couldnt obtain end of game trophies.

I am sure Sony will return money to GTA5 owners. And Rockstar will pay Sony 

20 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Maybe I can add a new flagging reason which is for an unobtainable trophy and doesn't require 3 trophies to be selected

Will somebody be flagged if he got unobtainable trophy before you added new flagged reason? 

Just curious. I dont have such trophies:)

20 hours ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

I'm pretty sure they did it as a gesture of goodwill and not by rights. I wouldn't be surprised if your account gets banned for doing this a few more times.

Can you explain why Sony will ban people who ask Sony to return money for broken games? I just send email to Sony where explain the pronlem with game, attach conversions with support of game maker (where support refuse to help or even refuse to answer) and ask Sony to return money. After Sony may ask some additional info and later i see money added in my wallet.

What i do wrong? I know many people returned in the Walmart the game BF4 (PS3 version has crash bug) and they got money back. Will Waltmart ban these people?

Btw some people can miss notification about getting unobtainable trophy. You can be distracted from playing the game and miss notification. It is unfair to ban people for it.

The owner of PSNPROFILE says he "can add a new flagging reason which is for an unobtainable trophy and doesn't require 3 trophies to be selected"

I think such flag be fair for those players who has 3 unobtainable trophies

1 hour ago, IoIly said:

Will somebody be flagged if he got unobtainable trophy before you added new flagged reason? 

Just curious. I dont have such trophies:)

As I said in the thread before, people have made about 1300 reports for GTA5 already. I will go through all of it at some point and make sure the appropriate reports are approved/declined.

As I said before, anyone who has earned the trophy who started playing the game after the trophy became unobtainable risk getting flagged.

1 minute ago, IoIly said:

Btw some people can miss notification about getting unobtainable trophy. You can be distracted from playing the game and miss notification. It is unfair to ban people for it.

The owner of PSNPROFILE says he "can add a new flagging reason which is for an unobtainable trophy and doesn't require 3 trophies to be selected"

I think such flag be fair for those players who has 3 unobtainable trophies

Why 3 unobtainable trophies? 1 unobtainable trophy is 1 more than what is possible without cheating.

7 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Why 3 unobtainable trophies? 1 unobtainable trophy is 1 more than what is possible without cheating.

Matthew 7:1-6

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged"

Most of people got unobtainable trophies without cheating. They even did not want to get it

Edited by IoIly
correction: made mistake

3 hours ago, IoIly said:

It is not just a trophy. Rockstar cut contain of main game, you cant obtain platinum trophy now. Many people will refuse to buy game with unobtainable platinum. Trophies are the main part of the game for many people. There is a warning in the psn store if game's server was closed. Did EA inform people when GT5 servers be closed?

Sony returned me money for game Darkest Dungeon just cause the end of game video was frozen and people couldnt obtain end of game trophies.

EA has anything to do with GT5? xD

Edited by MMDE

EA has anything to do with GT5?

I dont see GT5 in the psn store. Sony dont sell it?

Update: I dont have GT5. I thought EA made it. But were GT5 owners informed about closing servers? GTA5 owners were not informed about online restrictions and they have right to get their money back from Sony if they bought it in psn store. Rockstar will pay Sony for these losses

Edited by IoIly
Update

Online services go down all the time. I honestly see no difference about it for this game than any other.

What people seem to argue:

1. It's unfair the service was taken down, and therefore it's okay for players to hack the trophies.
  2. You still gotta do the same things to earn the trophy.
  3. There are other gray area games, like Dead Island, Borderlands, Demon's Souls and BF4.

Response:

1. So it's okay to cheat unobtainable trophies? They are unobtainable, so anyone obtaining them have cheated somehow.
  2. The activation of this process is done through hacking, so not everything involved in earning the trophy is the same.
  3. Not sure about BF4, but Demon's Souls is nowhere near a gray zone whatsoever. Modded weapons in Dead Island and Borderlands is more of a gray zone. Find an accurate way of finding these players... In the case of GTA5 we're talking about people earning a trophy after it became unobtainable.

Not sure why people even bring up Demon's Souls in these cases. In Demon's Souls it's all done well within the borders of the game. No hacking involved and the dropping of items and weapons etc was intended by the developers. I do my best to catch the save file users for this game though.

10 minutes ago, IoIly said:

I dont see GT5 in the psn store. Sony dont sell it?

Not sure if it was ever in the PSN store. Honestly, no idea. It came with plenty of PS3s though, physical copy.

23 minutes ago, IoIly said:

Matthew 7:1-6

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged"

Most of people got unobtainable trophies without cheating. They even did not want to get it

Plenty of ways to avoid it, at all stages. The very last is after you've obtained it and synced it, you can hide the game.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Not sure if it was ever in the PSN store. Honestly, no idea. It came with plenty of PS3s though, physical copy.

So why did you mention Gran Turismo 5? I talk about games which Sony sell in the psn store. Physical copies of games you can return to the store where you bought it 

15 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Ummm no one is hacking a trophy and no one is arguing for people to hack trophies. This is different from when the mod pops the level trophies. Nothing says you getting a bounty even means you'll get a trophy. There are soooooo many casuals that are tracked by this site which I'm sure is over 50 percent that have no clue a feature like that is taken away. The game is still kinda expensive in my eye but a lot of younger people will start buying it and will not think twice that they are cheating when playing the game normally. How many times do we see disputes from people where it's their first post? Even hardcore gamers don't even know it was taken away. I honestly didn't know it was taken away till I kept reading all the disputes a couple months back and I frequent this site all day long and if i was playing a bit beforehand I could of been screwed and labeled a cheat and that's beyond ridiculous. This is just one of those trophies that deserves that special attention to look the other way. Especially if you can tell when the rest of the account looks clean. Again I'm only arguing for this one cause it's not an auto pop. If it was autopopped you as a gamer would know that something wasn't right but you having a bounty put on you like it normally goes, 99 percent of people would think nothing of it and think they earned it legit. It's so silly to make someone hide a game cause of this that they worked hard on and did legit basically since they still need to do the requirements for the trophy to pop

You have to draw a hard line I suppose, otherwise you exist in this weird uncertain place where anyone and anything can be contested. Not having an auto-pop is frustrating considering it is the developers who are shutting services down that certain trophies depend on. But it's kinda the way things are until those developers decide that trophies are important enough for auto-pop support to be implemented.

Also, did you mimic MMDE's signature there to make a point? that's.....kinda weird.

39 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Ummm no one is hacking a trophy and no one is arguing for people to hack trophies. This is different from when the mod pops the level trophies. Nothing says you getting a bounty even means you'll get a trophy. There are soooooo many casuals that are tracked by this site which I'm sure is over 50 percent that have no clue a feature like that is taken away. The game is still kinda expensive in my eye but a lot of younger people will start buying it and will not think twice that they are cheating when playing the game normally. How many times do we see disputes from people where it's their first post? Even hardcore gamers don't even know it was taken away. I honestly didn't know it was taken away till I kept reading all the disputes a couple months back and I frequent this site all day long and if i was playing a bit beforehand I could of been screwed and labeled a cheat and that's beyond ridiculous. This is just one of those trophies that deserves that special attention to look the other way. Especially if you can tell when the rest of the account looks clean. Again I'm only arguing for this one cause it's not an auto pop. If it was autopopped you as a gamer would know that something wasn't right but you having a bounty put on you like it normally goes, 99 percent of people would think nothing of it and think they earned it legit. It's so silly to make someone hide a game cause of this that they worked hard on and did legit basically since they still need to do the requirements for the trophy to pop

My response wasn't just to you alone. Someone did argue it was okay to hack trophies because they thought it was unfair the service was taken down. Nor do I feel it's some kind of strawman, at all. It reflects a post that got 27 upvotes. Here it is:

On 12/25/2017 at 5:46 PM, Phil said:

Using the leaderboards excuse for this one is bullshit. Since anybody can do it, it should be allowed. It doesn't mess with the fastest times or affects anybody in any way. It's the community using their tools to fix the incompetence and laziness of the developer. Since there's a fix, it should be allowed. 

But I'll say it again. Anyone who started the game after it became unobtainable and who has earned the trophy risk getting flagged. Do you really think this is unfair?

The reason I say I'll go over all the reports is that many have been declined and ignored, but because this has blown up so much, we need to take a more public and clear stance. Cheating is not okay, so now more people will get flagged. That's the truth. Ask @grimydawg , pretty sure he knows I've declined many GTA5 reports. I've ever told people in PM who has asked why their reports have not been approved about the situation.

reportgta5.png

This is me the day before this thread started:

gta5reports2.png

Which as a reply to someone asking me why they couldn't report someone for cheating in GTA5.

If we now say it's okay, everyone will cheat it. Can't say this, so now to be fair, we have to flag everyone. And as I said, 1300 reports have been made, good reason so few disputes have been made about it.

20 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Also, did you mimic MMDE's signature there to make a point? that's.....kinda weird.

Yeah, no idea why he copied my signature. it's not like the character in the signature is from somewhere else. I photoshopped that freak. :P Supposed to express that Jak is a freaking goat/satyr.

Edited by MMDE

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

The reason I say I'll go over all the reports is that many have been declined and ignored, but because this has blown up so much, we need to take a more public and clear stance. Cheating is not okay, so now more people will get flagged. That's the truth. Ask @grimydawg , pretty sure he knows I've declined many GTA5 reports. I've ever told people in PM who has asked why their reports have not been approved about the situation

Yeah I know you're a pretty fair guy and ignored some reports on this before which is why I don't get if it's this one you'll flag them. I know you people need to draw a line and all that just wish it wasn't this one haha

10 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

You have to draw a hard line I suppose, otherwise you exist in this weird uncertain place where anyone and anything can be contested. Not having an auto-pop is frustrating considering it is the developers who are shutting services down that certain trophies depend on. But it's kinda the way things are until those developers decide that trophies are important enough for auto-pop support to be implemented.

No I'm not trying to make a point. Me making that signature is all in good fun and I like to joke around a lot if you actually know me. Plus that line is from one of my favorite tv shows the IT Crowd although I'm not sure if that's where he got it from. The show kinda makes fun of the anti piracy adds being way over the top and his signature comparing cheating trophies to stealing cars made me think of it haha.

Edited by HailHale81

2 hours ago, IoIly said:

So why did you mention Gran Turismo 5? I talk about games which Sony sell in the psn store. Physical copies of games you can return to the store where you bought it 

You mentioned it first

6 hours ago, IoIly said:

6 hours ago, IoIly said:

Good luck with that lol. And EA has nothing to do with Gran Turismo 5, duh...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You mentioned it first

No. You are wrong.

First mentioned it Lorajet:
In that case then Sony should refund my money on Gran Turismo 5 as they shut down the servers and removed 3 trophies from being earned.  Isn't that against the law?  As a matter of fact, I have quite a few games I could get my money back due to server shutdowns, trophies missing, games that weren't as fun as I thought they would be, games I suck at, games that don't have nice graphics, etc etc etc.

I answered him:

MMDE answered me:

EA has anything to do with GT5?

I dont have GT5 and i thought EA made it. What is it change? When you buy game in psn store you see warning what online server is not working. So you know about it.

Everybody understand what online service be closed soon or later for any game. But you ll be informed about it some months before. So you have time to get trophies.

In case of GTA5 there is no info about online restrictions in the psn store and Rockstar did not informed people about restrictions which dont allow to obtain trophies.

So you have reason to ask Sony to return you money cause you was not informed about online restrictions.

Will we get warning for been offtopic?:)  

Edited by IoIly
correction: made mistake

Gran Turismo 5 was not sold digitally, duh. If the game is not sold digitally they aren't forced to put a blank page for a disc-only game with the warning.

GTA5 has no online restrictions, the game is still playable online, they didn't bother to write that due to stupid people they disabled a stupid trophy, geesh.

8 minutes ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

There's nothing wrong with asking Sony to return your money for broken games. But companies don't like that and GTA V isn't even a broken game. It's just a game that removed one online feature after 4 years. Sony has no obligation to contract. They can ban you for no reason. For example Amazon bans people for sending products back if they do it repeatedly. You do nothing wrong. It's just capitalism. ;) You have to ask yourself what's more important to you, your account or getting your money back.

We are offtopic. I can discuss it in new topic if you want or private.

I read my agreement with Sony. Can Sony ban me without reason? And Sony returned about 1-2% of total money i spent in the store:) 

Edited by IoIly

9 minutes ago, IoIly said:

We are offtopic. I can discuss it in new topic if you want or private.

I read my agreement with Sony. Can Sony ban me without reason? And Sony returned about 1-2% of total money i spent in the store:) 

What are you going to discuss about? Hot air? They won't refund people for glitched/disabled trophies. You were refunded for a malfunctioning game, and that's ok. But there's a huge difference between that and trophies.

21 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I don't like sharing convos like this but, in case anyone was wondering, here's what you can expect from r* as an answer on this topic:

https://imgur.com/gallery/YlYhb

It would have been interesting to ask them what is their position about creating an alternative way to earn the trophy without having to get back the bounty feature. No one really cares about the feauture itself but the trophy. 

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

But I'll say it again. Anyone who started the game after it became unobtainable and who has earned the trophy risk getting flagged.

reportgta5.png

Well, “Run Like The Wind” is still legitimately obtainable under certain circumstances for everyone who played GTA Online before April 2017, so whoever made that report in your pic is incorrect.