Removing cheaters from the leaderboards

hcmode

4 hours ago, PViddy said:

I doubt you will find any new cheats on his account because what he does is ship his ps4 to a person to play games for him and removes the password so they can only play offline and cannot sync.  When he gets the ps4 back, he will review it then sync when they look correct. 

All that effort for a few trophies. :facepalm:

6 hours ago, PViddy said:

I doubt you will find any new cheats on his account because what he does is ship his ps4 to a person to play games for him and removes the password so they can only play offline and cannot sync.

I think they just change their password and let them access their account to play on it. They can be playing other games while these people are earning trophies for them. Then once it’s done they change their password back.

A lot of money to be made in this, if I was a any good at gaming I might give up my job and work from home - playing games all day ?

1 hour ago, Hogie838 said:

I think they just change their password and let them access their account to play on it. They can be playing other games while these people are earning trophies for them. Then once it’s done they change their password back.

A lot of money to be made in this, if I was a any good at gaming I might give up my job and work from home - playing games all day 1f61b.png

Honestly, what most of them do is just cheat the trophies for you. You may verify the trophy list afterwards, it may look legit, but there's a very good chance it's not. I'd strongly discourage it. Seen so many of these sellers cheat in various ways.

If they got a huge selection of games, especially difficult ones, it's likely not legit. Especially if they're quick.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Honestly, what most of them do is just cheat the trophies for you. You may verify the trophy list afterwards, it may look legit, but there's a very good chance it's not. I'd strongly discourage it. Seen so many of these sellers cheat in various ways.

It makes sense for them to cheat. The quicker they can deliver, the more money they bring in.

Some years ago in the PS3 era, when I was still in the beginning of trophy hunting, I got to know a guy who bought for himself trophies that were cheated and he played games for a fee for other persons. I mean, I get why he played for others in exchange of money - you get something in return, but I honestly didn't and still don't understand why he (or other people) was so into buying all the trophies he couldn't earn by himself. I asked him but he wasn't able to explain why. He was not even high in ranking, he just liked 100%. I like to have 100% in a game as well but if I don't earn them myself, it would just feel not right. There would be no satisfaction in it at all.

I don't have to mention that several accounts of his "career" got banned on trophy tracking sites. :D

On regards of the 3 flag system. I like how it is managed. If someone cheats than most likely not just in one game. That gives some space for people who were just unlucky. Maybe used it own saves ones (but not with the intention of cheating) or got into hacked lobbies, had weird glitches in a game etc..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nadinchen211 said:

Some years ago in the PS3 era, when I was still in the beginning of trophy hunting, I got to know a guy who bought for himself trophies that were cheated and he played games for a fee for other persons. I mean, I get why he played for others in exchange of money - you get something in return, but I honestly didn't and still don't understand why he (or other people) was so into buying all the trophies he couldn't earn by himself. I asked him but he wasn't able to explain why. He was not even high in ranking, he just liked 100%. I like to have 100% in a game as well but if I don't earn them myself, it would just feel not right. There would be no satisfaction in it at all.

I don't have to mention that several accounts of his "career" got banned on trophy tracking sites. :D

On regards of the 3 flag system. I like how it is managed. If someone cheats than most likely not just in one game. That gives some space for people who were just unlucky. Maybe used it own saves ones (but not with the intention of cheating) or got into hacked lobbies, had weird glitches in a game etc..

The point is slightly different in my opinion. If you happened to join a hacked lobby where you had trophies autopopped then you don't have to be flagged as long as you can prove it. If you hack intentionally though, by buying trophies for example that's it, you are banned, whether it's the first time or the third one it doesn't matter.

Unfortunately there are people who only hacked once cause they have OCD and can't live with an impossibile 100%.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Powerflank said:

The point is slightly different in my opinion. If you happened to join a hacked lobby where you had trophies autopopped then you don't have to be flagged as long as you can prove it. If you hack intentionally though, by buying trophies for example that's it, you are banned, whether it's the first time or the third one it doesn't matter.

Unfortunately there are people who only hacked once cause they have OCD and can't live with an impossibile 100%.

Doing that just removes you from the leaderboards. To me it's absolutely pointless and destroys the entire purpose of trophy hunting.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Doing that just removes you from the leaderboards. To me it's absolutely pointless and destroys the entire purpose of trophy hunting.

It doesn't actually. Unfortunately there are players who got away with that kind of cheating (buying trophies) just by hiding the hacked game. That's why the 3 flag system doesn't make sense sometimes. Even if the game doesn't count for your stats you are still a hacker on a legit leaderboard...?

I wouldn't say you can defeat hackers but you can try to fight them at least to make online gaming a better place. If you let them get away so easily then you may as well remove the leaderboards at this point.

Edited by Powerflank

6 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

dude * no one cares, you cheated, create another account if you care about trophies literally anyone could say your story

Thought we were talking about cheaters and leaderboards, this whole thread and webaite implies that people care doesnt it? 

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Thought we were talking about cheaters and leaderboards, this whole thread and webaite implies that people care doesnt it? 

Well you are intentionally failing to understand what my sentence means, ill say it again.
No one cares about your sob story anyone could say that lol create a new account if you care about the leaderboards.

4 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

Well you are intentionally failing to understand what my sentence means, ill say it again.
No one cares about your sob story anyone could say that lol create a new account if you care about the leaderboards.

I was just talking, apologies if what I said annoyed you. That wasn't my intention

2 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Don't be so rude to him.  There is zero reason for it. 

Ehh, you are right. Should have worded my words more nicely. 

6 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I was just talking, apologies if what I said annoyed you. That wasn't my intention

No it's fine you didn't annoy me I just come off that way because at the time I was annoyed at DBFighterZ ranked lol. You are good ^.^ 

1 hour ago, Savyna said:

Why should he create another account? He said he cheated, because he wanted to use the software. Obviously still don't want to use another account. As I understand he is not into leaderboards nor into trophies in general .It just annoys him a bit to have the stigma of a cheater. And I can understand that. One time a cheater always a cheater, that's how most people think. The same works for former criminals, liars, cheaters in a relationship and so on and so on.

I really don't get your rude comment. Did he offend you in any way?

And just for the record: don't speak for all people. Other people might be interested in reasons why someone did what he did. Not everyone is as full of prejudice against people as you are.

Umm to get on the leaderboards that's why? You said it yourself he doesn't care so I don't know why you asked that. Full of prejudice? Ok mr/Mrs SJW no one needs u to defend them. None the less I don't hate you either and I hope you change the way you think of me. I'm almost never tht serious my name is The High Ground with a Star Wars picture, my whole profile is basically a meme. 

Oh btw cute cat person avatar lol

anyways love all you guys I hope you 3 have a wonderful day/night. Sorry if I hurt anyone in any way, truly all jokes aside. 

On 2/5/2018 at 3:10 AM, steel6burgh said:

Cheating trophies is like cheating in golf.  You know what the true score is.  I don't get it.  

Reminds me what they focused on in the opening of this year's winter olympics. If you cheat to win, that's the memory you will go home with and have with you for the rest of your life. Make a memory you can be proud about, regardless of what that is.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The High Ground said:

Umm to get on the leaderboards that's why? You said it yourself he doesn't care so I don't know why you asked that. Full of prejudice? Ok mr/Mrs SJW no one needs u to defend them. None the less I don't hate you either and I hope you change the way you think of me. I'm almost never tht serious my name is The High Ground with a Star Wars picture, my whole profile is basically a meme. 

Oh btw cute cat person avatar lol

anyways love all you guys I hope you 3 have a wonderful day/night. Sorry if I hurt anyone in any way, truly all jokes aside. 

What does Mrs SJW mean?

I don't think bad about you. I don't know you. I just haven't liked the tone of your comment.

I don't defend them in general. If someone cheats and get removed/banned whatever, it's their own fault and they have to live with the consequences. However, if someone writes a normal post it should be possible to respond in a normal way, that's all.

• Like 1

I understand that I did this, so I have to accept responsibility and expect punishment

The leaderboard doesnt really mean anything to me, but just knowimg that im not on it, is a small annoyance at the back of my mind. And I guess I fear it may put people off my guides who spot it,  some may judge me on it

I accept the punishment, its just a shame they cant introduce a sort of policy that if you are clean for a certain amount of time, and wasn't a big cheater in the first place, then u are reinstated. 

Look at speeding (driving) as an example, here in the UK, u speed, u get caught, u get points on ur license and a fine. Now after so many years, if u remain clean for 3 or 4 years, the points are removed

I would create another account, I have a few anyway. Thing is, my main account is where I have like 3 years worth of PSplus games, so its always going to be my main account. 

Are able to transfer past PSplus free games to another account so the main account isnt needed? Or is there a way to completely reset a account in respect to Trophies? 

30 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Are able to transfer past PSplus free games to another account so the main account isnt needed? Or is there a way to completely reset a account in respect to Trophies? 

You can play all plus games on your other accounts except for vita games. Those are tied to the account

9 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

You can play all plus games on your other accounts except for vita games. Those are tied to the account

I mean is there a way to change your main account, so that all games are transferred to another account without that first main account needing to exist at all? 

Vita accounts is part of the reason and its also a fail-safe in case sony changes PS4 account regulations in the future, or even on future gen

Or even is there a way to reset ALL trophy data, so in essence would clear my name?? Anybody know off any ody to ever co tact Sony and have them do this? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

NEW QUESTION...

I've been wondering about the rarity values of the trophies. When cheating members are removed from the leaderboards, does the site change the percentage earned or rarity value of the of the trophy? In other words, if we remove cheater A, does it (or can we) consider the trophies for such and such game NOT earned, which would make the rare trophies even more valuable...

and if it doesn't, could this be done...leave their ownership of the game in the system as a whole, but have the system consider them as if they didn't earn any trophies for the cheated game....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

NEW QUESTION...

I've been wondering about the rarity values of the trophies. When cheating members are removed from the leaderboards, does the site change the percentage earned or rarity value of the of the trophy? In other words, if we remove cheater A, does it (or can we) consider the trophies for such and such game NOT earned, which would make the rare trophies even more valuable...

and if it doesn't, could this be done...leave their ownership of the game in the system as a whole, but have the system consider them as if they didn't earn any trophies for the cheated game....

GTA IV's platinum rarity is 0.99% now. On 12/26/2014, when i got it, it was at 1.51%. So something counts