Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

I’m over 310 hours so far, and I’m just missing the giant crown for Kirin. Mini crowns however I’m missing Radobaan, Rathalos and Pink Rathian. 

Safe to say, finding these crowns is being a pain. Past 30/40 hours of gameplay and I’ve gone from rank 170 to rank 195, and the only crown I’ve earned in that time was the giant Dodogama. 

I so want to be done with this game. I enjoy it to hell but the grind for the last few crowns is just killing me

• 4 weeks later...

286 hours to get all golden crowns from the base game. What a journey that was. I really wish they would at least give them purpose other than a note on your guild card. Having to do all this work for something that is essentially pointless is pretty frustrating.

Still have 41 arena quests to complete before I finish the platinum. I am really regretting not doing the vespoid arena challenge.

• 4 weeks later...

Almost 160 hours and got 23 Mini gold crowns and 20 Large gold crowns. I repeat constantly the capcom's events where it spawns for sure at least one gold crown (mini or large) till I "gold crowned" all the monters in the mission, and for the elder dragons I compare the size as some videos on Youtube, I don't kill them every time or it will take so much time to gold crown every monster ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2.1.2020 at 9:34 AM, robihood said:

200 hours. 45 arena quests, five mini and six large crowns to platinum.

Im not going to plat iceborne, thats for sure. Just the story for me.

Update, i sniped crowns whole weekend, about 30 hours total.

Now missing one mini (nergigante) and three larges (diablo, black diablo and kushla daora)

Out of investigations now, i have to farm those next. 

Some example of this game rng once again. I farmed that event quest at coral highlands for large legiana. I slained it about 40 times and finally got it. Then i try basic investigation for kirin, two attempts and got both crowns. 

Awful and boring, rewarding and addictive at the same time. 

On 10/31/2019 at 11:59 PM, Xylobe said:

~50 hours, I have 5 mini and 4 gold giant so far.

It might be worth updating, I got the plat at around 200 hours, and the last of the crowns at about the 180 mark (I wasn't keeping close track, but it was well before the plat). That number includes a good amount of Iceborne content as well. Decent Master Rank equipment, even the early stuff, can tear through High Rank investigations like nothing in the base game could and make crown sniping a breeze even when RNG is against you.

On 7.1.2020 at 0:21 AM, robihood said:

Update, i sniped crowns whole weekend, about 30 hours total.

Now missing one mini (nergigante) and three larges (diablo, black diablo and kushla daora)

Out of investigations now, i have to farm those next. 

Some example of this game rng once again. I farmed that event quest at coral highlands for large legiana. I slained it about 40 times and finally got it. Then i try basic investigation for kirin, two attempts and got both crowns. 

Awful and boring, rewarding and addictive at the same time. 

Done. All the crowns. 255hours total playtime but it includes 10-20hours iceborne. 30 arena quests left to platinum.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

According to my save file, I have 411 hours logged. Not counting Iceborne (added new monsters),

Gold crowns: 15

Gold Mini: 16

I put the game down for a couple years and just got back into it with Iceborne. My understanding was special events tended to have higher chances of spawning crowned (either type). Reddit has some good information on this topic but thought I'd respond to OP's request. Completing them is all I have left (and 50 arena quests, but that's just rinse and repeat).

The grind/struggle is real!

• 2 weeks later...

300 hours in and have all gold crowns except large crown for Kirin.

In this 300 hours i've also gained like 60% of the crowns for iceborn.

On 08/01/2020 at 11:50 PM, SuperGravyBoat said:

One crown left... and it’s the giant Kirin -_-

330 hours and counting, 102 Kirin and counting...

How many Kirin's did you had to kill ?, i also have only large Kirin left. (Killed 66 Kirin's so far)

Edited by luizje050

On 24/07/2020 at 9:22 AM, luizje050 said:

300 hours in and have all gold crowns except large crown for Kirin.

In this 300 hours i've also gained like 60% of the crowns for iceborn.

How many Kirin's did you had to kill 1f606.png, i also have only large Kirin left. (Killed 66 Kirin's so far)

Blimey, I think it was close to 120. I know multiple times I did get a big enough one when matching with other players but we all got knocked and failed the mission so that was a pain.

• 4 weeks later...