Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

12 minutes ago, NarcissusBaz said:

Could you elaborate on that? I don't know what you mean.

There's an event quest running at the moment that has a very high small and giant crown chance for 5 monsters. That's 10 free crowns right there.

And it looks like over the next few weeks, we'll be getting similar quests for two other locations as well. So that's potentially 30 of the 56 crowns taken care of without the need for any grinding, shortening the platinum time significantly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jamberman said:

115 hours

5 Big Gold Crowns

Great Jagras

Barroth

Great Girros

Radobaan

Kushala Daora

4 Mini Gold Crowns

Barroth

Tzitzi-Ya-Ku

Bazelgeuse

Lavasioth

Go farm Deep Green Blues event for crowns from Jagras, Pukei, Tobi, Anja, and Rathalos, both Mini and Large. Total of 10.

I got Vaal Hazak's crown sizes on video, for anyone who wants something to compare with

Small:

Spoiler

Giant:

Spoiler

I used the spikes on his chest to gauge his size. You can see that on the small Vaal, my head is the same height at the first spike, but on the giant Vaal, my head fits comfortably under the second spike.

Those are both in the middle of the crown requirements. There's one size larger and one size smaller for each that'll still get you the crown.

• Like 1

Just under 20 hours in, and so far I have three giant crowns:

Great Jagras - Got this from an event mission to kill two of them.

Anjananth - This was from the very first story assignment where you have to kill one.

Barroth - I think I was responding to an SOS this time, so I don't remember exactly what mission type it was.

No minis yet, but looking at some of the hour counts, I'm not surprised lol! 

5 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

I got Vaal Hazak's crown sizes on video, for anyone who wants something to compare with

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Speaking of Vaal, I got two mini Vaals today. First was from 15 min 3 stock investigation, second from 15 min inv hosted by somebody. I did about 30 runs with 30/50 minutes 5 stock, but only got averages.

I got all the large crowns from Deep Green Blues but can't seem to get any of the mini crowns. Anyone else having this problem or am I just getting unlucky?

Edit: Yep just getting unlucky. Got a small jagras crown after like my 10th time

Edited by OH_EXIE

I’m currently somewhere between 180 and 190 hours total, i keep forgetting to check after my play sessions.

16 small crowns

(Great Jagras, Pukei-Pukei, Tobi-Kadachi, Anjanath, Rathian, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku, Paolumu, Great Girros, Odogaron, Rathalos, Diablos, Kirin, Dodogama, Black Diablos, Teostra, Kushala Daora)

7 big crowns

(Great Jagras, Pukei-Pukei, Barroth, Tobi-Kadachi, Rathalos, Kirin, Vaal Hazak)

I’m still hesitant about exclusively going for crowns, i mostly try to combine it with going for other in-game goals, grinding tempered elder dragons in particular. I want to avoid grinding out all the crowns in an area and then getting another event quest as convenient as Deep Green Blues that would make me feel like in kinda wasted my time. 

I’ve gotta say being “done” with Kirin is quite a relief. I’ve gotten pretty good at fighting him but i’d rather not have to.

5 hours ago, Happy said:

I’ve gotta say being “done” with Kirin is quite a relief. I’ve gotten pretty good at fighting him but i’d rather not have to.

I feel kinda the same about not going for barroth, kulu ya ku etc if there is going to be another region event within a week or two. Yet I managed to snatch a mini Barroth yesterday..

How did you get Kirin? Investigations only? Tempered?

3 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I feel kinda the same about not going for barroth, kulu ya ku etc if there is going to be another region event within a week or two. Yet I managed to snatch a mini Barroth yesterday..

How did you get Kirin? Investigations only? Tempered?

Investigations. I believe the small one wasn’t tempered but the big one was.

~155 hours

16 Mini crowns
Anjanath, Bazelgeuse, Great Girros, Great Jagras, Lavasioth, Nergigante, Odogaron, Paolumu, Pukei-Pukei, Radobaan, Rathalos, Azure Rathalos, Teostra, Tobi-Kadachi, Uragaan, Vaal Hazak

12 Large crowns

Anjanath, Bazelgeuse, Great Girros, Great Jagras, Lavasioth, Odogaron, Pukei-Pukei, Radobaan, Rathalos,Tobi-Kadachi, Uragaan, Vaal Hazak

Been kinda? crown hunting. I'm not measuring anything just killing everything that I don't have both crowns for that come up in my investigations. I have my weapons and armour I want so all I really need to do for the plat is crowns, kills and Hunter Rank.