Crown Guide.

LordNEET

2 hours ago, cjl73185 said:

I've noticed hunting great girros and dodogama alone is 6 stars but it's 7 stars when they are in a great hunt. Does anyone know if you can get either giant crown from a 6 star quest or does it have to be a 7 star quest? 

For Great Girros, I got mine from 6 star quest, with S/S/G rewards. So, it doesn't matter which one I guess. Forgot about Dodo though, got it a while back.

Now I only need to find the mini one, which I haven't got any luck after many tries.

39 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Finally got all the crowns at 223 hrs 52mins. Large lavasioth was a nightmare. Took me forever to get that. Thank god crown hunting is over. Only left with arena quests to platinum

Congrats! I’m stuck hunting for a mini Odogaron - Im starting to think it just doesn’t exist in my game! I repeatedly get huge ones but they never look small to me. 

Monsters like Uragaan, Radobaan or Bazelgeuse are pretty hard to measure. For me they always looks like huge, so the only solution is killing all and that was my strategy. 
From here I also want to thanks for all tips, hints, informations, movies or screenshots. With You guys that Platinum was much easier.
Monster_Hunter_World_20180311120246.jpg

3 hours ago, smudgedhorizon said:

Congrats! I’m stuck hunting for a mini Odogaron - Im starting to think it just doesn’t exist in my game! I repeatedly get huge ones but they never look small to me. 

Thanks man.Just keep at it. It will eventually come

On 10/03/2018 at 8:45 PM, Erkawest said:

The platinum is mine! #473 world on psnprofiles (3rd from my country)

Thanks a lot guys for all the help and discussion in this thread, it sure helped many of us to get that trophy

How do you check by country?

9 hours ago, eXaphor said:

For Great Girros, I got mine from 6 star quest, with S/S/G rewards. So, it doesn't matter which one I guess. Forgot about Dodo though, got it a while back.

Now I only need to find the mini one, which I haven't got any luck after many tries.

Thanks for the info. I finally got the giant dodogama last night after 125 kills on a 6 star quest. So it was just some terrible luck for me it. In 6 days of focusing on dodogama I got both bazel, azure ratholos and lavasioth. At least I'm done with elders recess monsters. 4 mini, 4 giant to go.

3 minutes ago, Zygo89pl said:

Probably here:
https://psnprofiles.com/game-leaderboard/7169-monster-hunter-world
World place is obvious, but for country You need manualy check a flag. In this way I'm #540 and #4. Pretty nice place in my country. 

Oh in that case I already did that earlier. Was hoping there was an actual country leaderboard without having to count. I am #547 and #2 respectively

For anyone having trouble measuring dodogama or great girros like I did  I figured out something that's helped me. For dodo do this right away before he eats rocks and puffs up. But lay a shock trap then a mega barrel bomb right at his stomach if he isn't taller than the bomb don't bother he's not close to giant. Same goes for girros it's not a sure fire gold crown if they are taller but it at least weeds out ones that def are not.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A_B_Y_S_S_1 said:

Teostra was very tricky. Most of them look big enough to be a Gold Crown. I finally got him today during I tempered quest 

Thanks because it is blowing my mind and trying to help ppl get a large bdiablo and i've gotten a large and min with 6 hunts.

Finally got the damn small Lavasioh:

- Shock trap him then your character will cover 3/4 of the vertical mark

- Use the holes that he looks through when he is swimming in the lava. If he is small he wont surpass them with the head when looking. The bottom right hole, he will be even a bit lower than the surface.

Now for the last one, Large Black Diablos, the infamous one. 90 kills and still nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A_B_Y_S_S_1 said:

Teostra was very tricky. Most of them look big enough to be a Gold Crown. I finally got him today during I tempered quest 

Very nice video man should help when I'm farming him ?

Edited by Woodzy_5
  • Like 1