It is Shit

You

2 hours ago, renatabls said:

The guy in the video says he bought it just to make the video then uninstalled it, so even though he is calling the game shit, he just supported it by buying it anyway. lol

Steam has a refund policy inside 14 days for any reason

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/valve-begins-offering-refunds-for-all-steam-games/%3famp=1

1 hour ago, cckerberos said:

The Metacritic user score is not a meaningful metric. I have no doubt that a large number of people who have never played the game gave it a 0 rating because they're pissed that it was made.

Your point is a valid one. However, you can use the Metacritic score as a means of measuring public sentiment towards this title/Konami so it still has value.

#FuckKonami

Edited by Bullstomp
Added Steam refund link
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Steam has a refund policy inside 14 days for any reason

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/valve-begins-offering-refunds-for-all-steam-games/%3famp=1

Your point is a valid one. However, you can use the Metacritic score as a means of measuring public sentiment towards this title/Konami so it still has value.

#FuckKonami

He was playing the PS4 version so no refund for him. The game is sitting at 75% positive reviews on Steam (the only place where I find the user reviews to be actually useful) so maybe most of the people that have actually played the game think it's not the steaming turd everyone wanted it to be.

3 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

He was playing the PS4 version so no refund for him. The game is sitting at 75% positive reviews on Steam (the only place where I find the user reviews to be actually useful) so maybe most of the people that have actually played the game think it's not the steaming turd everyone wanted it to be.

True, but such info is only useful if there is a large base of purchasers as well.

Is Metal Gear Survive selling well? From what I can see, its sales are fairly sluggish right now, which means that purchasers are people who were really excited about the title. Obviously, they would rate it highly. If I'm wrong about sales, though, let me know.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

True, but such info is only useful if there is a large base of purchasers as well.

Is Metal Gear Survive selling well? From what I can see, its sales are fairly sluggish right now, which means that purchasers are people who were really excited about the title. Obviously, they would rate it highly. If I'm wrong about sales, though, let me know.

I don't think it's selling "well". 

But my friend returned the game to redbox yesterday. He said it's not a horrible game. But he's not buying it either. 

And I'll admit watching for 2 days, it doesn't seem horrible. It's just not good either. It probably would sell more without the MGS branding imo. 

However the dealbreaker is the AI voices..... It was like an endurance test. 

I was ready to break. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/UninterestedJoyousOysterPupper?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

Edited by Dav9834

Well considering Metal Gear Survive has been out a week and hasn't even broken over 1000 on this very website. That's a pretty bad start for a game that has a WORLDWIDE release on PS4.

Even the shitty Dynasty Warriors 9 made it into the "Popular Games This Week"

At this pace it won't even be able to beat the horrendous game that is "Umbrella Corps"

Both The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes on PS3 alone have about 20000 sales each, and combined with PS4 have around 400,000 EACH.

I have to apologise to you all in advance that I'm absolutely loving how poorly this game is selling.

#FucKonami indeed.

They should just stick to gambling and crappy smart phone games.

PS The Metabombing has already started.

Edited by enaysoft

31 minutes ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Metal Gear Survive Finally Dethrones Monster Hunter World on PS4 Digital Sales Ranking in Japan

https://www.dualshockers.com/metal-gear-survive-dethrones-monster-hunter-world-ps4-digital-sales-japan/

Bring forth the salt

Great propaganda. MG Survive beats Monster Hunter in just digital sales (not retail) after Monster Hunter has been out over a month. Most of the people who were going to buy Monster Hunter would have already bought it in the first 4 weeks of release. . .

I would be more interested in seeing sell thru by unit. Where's those numbers??

Wait, here they are! MH:W sold 53k units in its 5th week,  MG:S debuted with 32k.

You were saying???

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/372267-metal-gear-survive-dead-arrival-monster-hunter-world-remains-top-since-launch

Edited by Bullstomp
Added link
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Daft Gamer said:

I will be reserving judgment for when I actually play it myself. I personally think it looks like a lot of fun. A lot of people were skeptical about Metal Gear Rising being a hack n slash but it ended up being one of the best games of 2013.

Yeah but Rising still had people in charge of it that actually gave a shit. And Kojima helped out on it too.

Survive doesnt look bad, it looks actually pretty fuckin good thanks to Kojima Productions work on the Fox engine.

It just looks like a lazy ass cash grab to try and capitalize on one of their last "relevant" franchises.

The Gameplay looks fun to me too, until i realized that every single video i saw of it looked the exact same.

On 3/4/2018 at 0:03 AM, Bullstomp said:

Great propaganda. MG Survive beats Monster Hunter in just digital sales (not retail) after Monster Hunter has been out over a month. Most of the people who were going to buy Monster Hunter would have already bought it in the first 4 weeks of release. . .

I would be more interested in seeing sell thru by unit. Where's those numbers?1f61c.png

Wait, here they are! MH:W sold 53k units in its 5th week,  MG:S debuted with 32k.

You were saying???

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/372267-metal-gear-survive-dead-arrival-monster-hunter-world-remains-top-since-launch

Yeah - I don't think that dude's link said what he thought it said. It's pretty embarrassing that MGSur took so long to "dethrone" Monster Hunter World.

Not sure how or where "dethrone" Monster Hunter World ever came from.

Monster Hunter World is a hit game and Metal Gear Survive is a shit game.

Sales numbers speaks for itself. Just on this site alone.

Monster Hunter: World : 88,548 users
Metal Gear Survive : 3,978 users

1 hour ago, Nexuds121 said:

It's shit. Konami is shit. Every assholes in that company is shit. Like a big round shit.

The game is shit, the company itself is shit, but you do realise that most of the people working at Konami are just employees trying to make a living right? They don't get to make the decisions. They have to make crappy games with way too little time and someone without any inspiration calling the shots.

They get abused enough already and I doubt any of them are proud to work for Konami right now.

18 minutes ago, Ric said:

The game is shit, the company itself is shit, but you do realise that most of the people working at Konami are just employees trying to make a living right? They don't get to make the decisions. They have to make crappy games with way too little time and someone without any inspiration calling the shots.

They get abused enough already and I doubt any of them are proud to work for Konami right now.

No offense. But everyone who works at Konami are all included. Making a living you say? To be honest, I don't care.