Kill Your Completion - 6

L35515e.png

I haven't played more Knack since the first half hour, and I find myself not committed to continuing on it. I spent my gaming hour yesterday playing more Elite: Dangerous, which turned into eight hours of playing (decided to call it quits on four A.M.). Today I had people over, we went to an arcade hall and played some table top games afterwards. Tomorrow I have a deadline so I probably won't game at all, and that's the first four days of the event done. Glad I said I'd only do ten games.

Edited by Cool Rick
typo
  • Like 4

In case anyone was concerned I picked two quick games to start the event, I started up Street Fighter 4 yesterday. That should keep my completion down for the remainder of the month. I'm not going to do a review for it because it sure is more Street Fighter and it wasn't on my list. I'll start Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry tomorrow. I've never actually played an AC game before so I guess I'll have a fresh perspective on the game. As I said I tend to get lost in open world games but we'll see how it goes.

And congrats to @Hemiak for making such speedy progress on Downwell. I never got past Lv4. Maybe you'll tell me what those charges below your health bar are for and that'll make all the difference in the world.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mking_63 said:

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (Initial Impressions)

I went through the first two chapters or missions in this game today. While I appreciate that they dropped this game on ps+ presumably as an introduction to the Assassin's Creed series to suck you in, they certainly didn't originally make this dlc as an introduction. It seemed assumed going in that the player knew what was up and I most decidedly did not. I muddled through the naval battle and knew the general story of the series, people going back in time through memories of some assassin organization. It seems like a weird premise for why you can fail and "re-sync" and try again. It was cool the first mission could be played out two ways, boarding or destroying the enemy boat. After getting thrown into a battle with weird combat system I've never played I re-synced before the choice was made and blew the ship up instead. I got a better handle on the combat (and moving around in general) in the second mission with some 1 on 1 encounters. I'll be more detailed in my final 3 day review, I don't think I'll have it finished off but I could. It's supposed to be pretty short but I don't know how much more time I'm going to put into it. The story seems pretty good and fresh. An ex-slave named Adewale is (was ?) a member of an assassin's guild but now he's stranded in the Caribbean and is mostly interested in freeing slaves who then join his resistance movement. Definitely interested in going through the rest of the story missions at least.

It would have been better to start with Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag before playing this one. Freedom Cry is actually a DLC for AC4 which later got released as a standalone game.

You get to know Adewale in AC 4 better as he is an important character.

• Like 1

@MarkusT1992 While I knew Freedom Cry was DLC that was originally released for Black Flag before getting a stand-alone release it's good to know Adewale featured heavily in that game and presumably got a proper introduction. But this was the game that dropped on ps+ and I've never bought an AC game. I don't know yet if this will be enough to suck me in.

@Psy-Tychist Re: Zombie Driver. I just went back and grabbed the plat for this game right before this event started. Cleared story and slaughter modes ages ago but then I got a ps4 and left tournament mode until recently. That dlc Auroch vehicle will come in handy for some of the tourney events, mainly the elimination ones. It would probably be really good for slaughter mode as well.

Edited by mking_63