Kill Your Completion - 6

5 hours ago, Jaco said:

@Cool Rick @Hemiak I figured Titan Souls was harder just from the difficulty ratings, and the one hit death crap. I was just saying trophy rarity doesn't always tell you how hard a game will be. I used the Transformers example because to me it wasn't that bad. Some may feel differently, but the way I went about it made it fairly easy to complete. While Titan Souls will see me rack up over 1,000 deaths, by the time I'm done (and that's not an exaggeration).. 

But it's good to know Bloodborne is more... "fair," I guess? And that I can call for help, if I'm really struggling. Lol.

I thought the final boss in Devastation was hard, and I played on easy. I had to figure out how to use the upgrade/potions/wjatever menu for that fight, didn't need it at any time before then.

3 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

Game 2 update

L2787b1.png

Good to hear you enjoyed it, and glad you didn't use a guide. I thought it was an awesome game and I'd recommend it to anyone putting story over gameplay.

Enjoy Hellblade when you start it, I loved that game too.

I didn't play any more Mighty No. 9. I can pretend I didn't get any gaming time but people can easily see I obtained a few Elite: Dangerous trophies. Yeah, I love that game, but I'll make time for MN9 today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mking_63 said:

Maybe encouraged by @Hemiak's swift progress I also got back into some Downwell. I made it to the boss for the first time yesterday but that's all the progress I got in that game. Kudos on making such quick work of a pretty unforgiving game. What player style did you find to be the most beneficial? Were you playing on Vita or PS4. I try to take the levels fairly slow and cautious but a run can get messed up so quick.

I played it on ps4, and actually uploaded the hard mode run if you'd like to watch it. 

In a nut shell my strategy is to go slow and plan my moves ahead of time, unless things get really bad and then it's just blaze ahead and hope for the best. My priorities for upgrades are Knife and Fork any time before zone 4 (the earlier the better) Youth any time before 4-2, and even then if you just want health. The earlier the better so you have more choices each level. Gem reloader is amazing,  so you don't have to worry as much about ammo. Gem bullets, it's awesome to shoot things that happened to get above you when you grab gems. With reloader and bullets, gem magnet becomes super powerful. I usually pass on apple early in a run unless I really need it, that way there's a chance I'll get it on a later level. I did this on my successful run and it came around again in zone 3 or 4 when I only had 2 hp. Blast boots are awesome, especially in zone 4, but I'll take them pretty much any time. Rocket boots are great mid-late run. Candle or time void are good in zone 4 and the boss, but both is overkill. Laser sight can be good for the boss, so you can stay high and hit him with Shotgun or puncher, but I'll always pass on that for one of the ones above. 

Upgrades I never take, exploding bodies, because I want to eat them all. Rocket jump, pointless and sometimes destroys objects I'd rather be standing on. Block bullets, I used to love this, but after accidentally destroying the only things to stand on and falling to my Doom for the 20th time I decided it wasn't worth it. 

Tips: you don't have to rush in zone 3. It's scary with the timer, but if you go slow, play safe, and always grab the air bubbles you'll have plenty of time.

Zone 4, go ham, you can't stomp any of the enemies, and you can't accidentally destroy any of the obstacles, so just keep shooting if it isn't dead. You'll build up at least 25 combos consistently, cash them in at every side cave for a free hp and charge upgrade. 

Life > corpses > combos > gems. What this means is that always prioritize safety, if you aren't sure you can get those gems, that corpse, or kill that enemy safely, don't do it (unless there's no safe path). I like to eat every enemy I possibly can. More food = more hp. That said, getting consistent 8 enemy combos can rack up a bonus 100 gems. 

For the boss, stay high. Clear the enemies, dodge the fireballs, then unload. Pick up the weapon upgrades if you need the hp or like the new one better. 

ARM SPIN STYLE - when you think about it there's really no comparison. You don't need a shop every floor, and gem piles are basically worthless (120 gems is less than half the cheapest purchase). The weapon upgrades give you a free hp or a free +2 charge, taking every one of these can easily net you an hp upgrade and 20 charge by the time you leave zone 2. With arm spin the shop card upgrade becomes really strong. Having a guaranteed shop that you can use if you need it is amazing on later floors. 

Early game I buy a few charge upgrades to get me started. Once I'm passed about 16 or so I don't bother buying them. Only buy food if you need it, or if the extra will net you an hp upgrade. 

Find a pallette you like. The base one is fine but I didn't like it as much as #5.

LOL, probably went on longer than I needed to. Gl Man. 

My hard mode clear if anyone is interested in checking the game out. 

@dizzyshadowthat sounds interesting. For some reason I thought that game was an RPG. :dunno:

• Like 4

Period 2, Day 4: Sly 3

Did a couple of missions and managed to finally get the Loot! trophy after farming one mission where Murray has to feed miners to a crocodile. Crikey! Tried to mug the guys but their buddies keep hitting Murray and knocking him down so I just had to submit to mashing his punches to destroy them for loot, which gives far less. Got enough to buy the paraglider and upgrade Sly's jump attack. (Had to repurchase the Hover Pack because the game only saves after you do missions and I quit just after I purchased the pack after the last mission so it didn't save.) Then I accidentally took Sly to the lemonade bar and had to do that mission instead of the one involving radioactive oil. At least it earned me another trophy. :P

Slowing down because I plan to finish all the challenges in Chapter 2 by the end of the session so I can save future Chapters for after the event.

Trophy Completion: 38%

Trophies Earned: 28S4cd78a.png33S605b1b.png17S5e0fa1.png11S1b7b05.png

• Like 4

On 09/03/2018 at 6:57 PM, Hemiak said:

@dizzyshadowthat sounds interesting. For some reason I thought that game was an RPG. :dunno:

It really is, i played another 3 hours last night and the more i play the more the game grows on me. I started again and took it a bit more slow and steady rather than rushing through the zones, it seemed to work much better, although that may be because i understand the mechanics better as well. Still only on Zone 5 but i feel like i'm in a good position now, where as last time i was virtually dead.

I often go into these games without much idea what they will be like, i'm a big fan of indy games and its nice to uncover a gem like this, but other times it doesn't  go so well (i'm looking at you AereA)

I think i picked this up in the recent sale for about £4, so its been well worth the money. I'm actually sad to moving on to the next game tonight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

I've just completed Chapter 2, also known as the "Bird that Refuses to Die" chapter. It took me a good two hours, but that was because I explored a bit, and I lost a good 45 minutes because the game accidentally skipped a section. My boy died, but my respawn point was farther than I had made it, so it took me forever to realize I needed to backtrack and complete a task in a part of the world I hadn't seen. Argh! 

Welcome to the club, I missed the first statue at the beginning of Chapter 2 because I didn't follow the video guide I was following(was following a puzzle guide which doesn't mention collectibles) and left the people of salt room and passed a point of no return. :( I am going to wait a while until I can get up the strength to redo Chapter 1. At least I don't have to do all the miscellaneous trophies in Chapter 1 again.

20 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Welcome to the club, I missed the first statue at the beginning of Chapter 2 because I didn't follow the video guide I was following(was following a puzzle guide which doesn't mention collectibles) and left the people of salt room and passed a point of no return. :( I am going to wait a while until I can get up the strength to redo Chapter 1. At least I don't have to do all the miscellaneous trophies in Chapter 1 again.

I don't know if you completed the game yet but you can use chapter select after finishing the story once. There you can see what you missed in each chapter. That should help if you aren't sure where you missed collectables.

I don't really have anything more to say about Exist Archive that I haven't said, but I did want to go ahead and update my stats before I start my next game since I did accomplish earning a third trophy before I was done.

Progress: Chapter 6, a bit over 14 hours of play

Trophies earned: 3 out of 45 (D rank)

Games played: 89

Games completed: 75

Completion: 87.94% (-0.93%)

Unearned Trophies: 305

Trophies for this event:  39/270

Yeah, the average completion for Exist Archive is so low that 3 trophies was enough to get it to a D and somehow I did enough grinding that I killed 1000 variants already,

Also, I decided that I am going to swap out Zero no Kiseki later on for Tokyo Xanadu.  I was going to pick Tokyo Xanadu originally, but I was having a hard time locating a copy unless I wanted to pay something really unreasonable for the Vita version.  I did locate a copy though so I'm going to swap it in.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2

I'm having bad luck with games this time, it seems.

Tried Mighty No. 9 again today but I stopped because it was not fun, only frustrating. Started on Rebel Galaxy but two hours i. i became convinced that the devs missed a bunch of steps on "making games fun" as well, more on this later.

Making lunch now but after that I think I'll do Uncanny Valley. Might not be an amazing game but it's short, meaning J can do three final reviews into one post today and meaning I can spend a lot of days this month on one of the longer games, like Deus Ex.

• Like 2