Kill Your Completion - 6

45 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Oh, but I have... The first and last Pokémon game I played was Pokémon Stadium 2 on the N64. Exceptionally boring game.

That's not a 'real' Pokémon game.

Though I just checked what post of yours got that response, and Pokémon games handle that sort of thing a lot better. You can get new Pokémon later on but different areas have different average levels for wild mons. Also, you can put your inexperienced Pokémon first, so it gets loads of XP for being in the match, and your first action can then be to switch it out for your buff juggernaut Pokémon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riq IV said:

That's not a 'real' Pokémon game.

Though I just checked what post of yours got that response, and Pokémon games handle that sort of thing a lot better. You can get new Pokémon later on but different areas have different average levels for wild mons. Also, you can put your inexperienced Pokémon first, so it gets loads of XP for being in the match, and your first action can then be to switch it out for your buff juggernaut Pokémon.

While it may be less bad, it still doesn't sound like a good mechanic to me. A lot of RPGs these days give the characters that aren't in your party some percentage of the XP earned, just so they aren't completely underleveled when you swap them out.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Game #3 - Day #1 - Preview

L96560a.png

Not really sure what to expect of this game. I essentially bought this after watching some gameplay videos of it, and it looked fun to play. The game had a nice aesthetic to it and it seemed to be different enough from other RPGs for it to be interesting.

Ain't got more to say about it really until I have played the game.

• Like 1

What’s up!? 

I was just joking about the Pokémon cause I was pretty sure voodoo never played them. 

And yes I have to agree stadium does not count :) Even so I also have to agree that the mechanic of raising the level of specific team members is kind of dated. Usually these days the newcomers don’t start at level 1 but then again I haven’t played that many newer rpgs.

I have started dragon age though and I have to ask “is this considered playing a retro game?” :D I’m just joking of course but the game was made in 2009 ! Even so I think it aged pretty well and I’m really enjoying the dialogues and gameplay so far.

I’ve put in about  one hour of playtime and I’m more invested in the story than before ( I had played this on my other account but just a couple of hours, or at least it’s how it felt). 

It feels similar to the lord of the rings theme and there’s much to do and much to read :D .

Anyway I’ll write a better review on the 18th after playing it more.

Cheers 

Edited by Edward_FOX_86
  • Like 2

Period 3, Day 2:

More Cyberdimension Nep-Nep! Cleared the Logi Mountain and now the CPU Candidates were added, so I designed a party of Nep-Nep(to tank attacks), Nepgear and Uni(to do distance attacks) and Blanc(to heal everyone). Two new areas opened up, the Tethyr Temple and Adroie Field. (I apologize, I didn't check the names of the places closely.) I got the Guild to Rank 2 and opened up the Gem Shop and Tamsoft's smithery so now my team has upgraded to Level 2 in their weapons and armor, mostly.

Also got the Low Angle trophy because, being a Neptunia game, I took on a Star Ocean Mindset and clicked on everyone with ! over their head to trigger events. I thought it was hilarious. xD

Trophy Completion: 20% (12/50 trophies)

1 hour ago, jasondm300 said:

So awesome news.  My TV died today and it might take a few days to get a new one.  So I am going to update my playing to Crypt of the Necrodancer. And after that Oddworld as those are the only Vita games I have

Sorry to hear that. It sucks when you can't play PS4 games. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jasondm300 said:

So awesome news.  My TV died today and it might take a few days to get a new one.  So I am going to update my playing to Crypt of the Necrodancer. And after that Oddworld as those are the only Vita games I have

You know, the VIta has remote play capabilities and I know it doesn't require the TV to be working to do it.  You just need to be able to power on the PS4 and get as far as the home screen.  Just an idea if you're really itching to play something on PS4.

@Kevvik: Glad to see you play DQB. I have it on the Vita and starting Chapter 2 as well, plan to plat this game for my 50th platinum. :D

@ladynadiad: Well, definitely adding Blue Reflection to my games to try out. Actually doing Cyberdimension Neptunia for KYC and enjoying it. I'm sure it'll start kicking my ass on Day 6 but until then I am going to have fun. ^_^

10 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

There is also a pseudo online component again... 5 dungeons are picked at random and ranked depending on how many people are playing said dungeon. These will then give more XP / better loot after "shattering a spent essence crystal". You might be wondering what that means, well... so do I, because once again it isn't explained adequately.. No word on how to get those crystals or what they are.

I don't think they cropped up until the cave on a regular basis.  But you remember toward the beginning how Kanata saw a crystal and heard the voices of his friends and then after that it no longer glowed?  That was an essence crystal and the leftover from that was a spent one.  After that area you start seeing them around in dungeons.  You hit it with an attack and you have a chance of getting an item and they items you get from those are usually pretty good recovery items.  The dungeons that are hotspots also tend to have a lot more of those around too.

And as far as the down attacks give more experience and up more items, it's based on the skills you have.  Certain skills will knock an enemy into the air or onto the ground and if they are attacked there orbs or crystals pop out.  Each blue crystal adds 1% bonus XP.  Later on you can start getting chain encounters that add to the value of those orbs and crystals and you can get insane amounts of experience and drops from those.  I do think increasing the drop skills is worth it because you can't buy gear, it has to be obtained from drops.  It doesn't seem to matter too much what skills you get, but you want to level up the magic user's classes first and get Mitsuhide Training and then Echoes of Experience.  When you get Namero, get him the Demon's Greed related abilities.  For anyone else, it doesn't matter too much, just don't get everyone all the same skills.  Eventually you pick up something called Learning, where Kanata can learn skills from other characters.  I haven't even gotten that yet.  I haven't found anything yet where you can get stuck for having the wrong skills, it seems to be more about the strategy you use on a boss and the gear you have.  If you're having trouble with a boss or any area pretty much it amounts to grind for some levels and gear or try a different party setup or attack strategy.   The suggested levels for quests are usually pretty solid and give an idea where you should be.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

You know, the VIta has remote play capabilities and I know it doesn't require the TV to be working to do it.  You just need to be able to power on the PS4 and get as far as the home screen.  Just an idea if you're really itching to play something on PS4.

Yeah, but three of my games are PS3 games

12 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I don't think they cropped up until the cave on a regular basis.  But you remember toward the beginning how Kanata saw a crystal and heard the voices of his friends and then after that it no longer glowed?  That was an essence crystal and the leftover from that was a spent one.  After that area you start seeing them around in dungeons.  You hit it with an attack and you have a chance of getting an item and they items you get from those are usually pretty good recovery items.  The dungeons that are hotspots also tend to have a lot more of those around too.

And as far as the down attacks give more experience and up more items, it's based on the skills you have.  Certain skills will knock an enemy into the air or onto the ground and if they are attacked there orbs or crystals pop out.  Each blue crystal adds 1% bonus XP.  Later on you can start getting chain encounters that add to the value of those orbs and crystals and you can get insane amounts of experience and drops from those.  I do think increasing the drop skills is worth it because you can't buy gear, it has to be obtained from drops.  It doesn't seem to matter too much what skills you get, but you want to level up the magic user's classes first and get Mitsuhide Training and then Echoes of Experience.  When you get Namero, get him the Demon's Greed related abilities.  For anyone else, it doesn't matter too much, just don't get everyone all the same skills.  Eventually you pick up something called Learning, where Kanata can learn skills from other characters.  I haven't even gotten that yet.  I haven't found anything yet where you can get stuck for having the wrong skills, it seems to be more about the strategy you use on a boss and the gear you have.  If you're having trouble with a boss or any area pretty much it amounts to grind for some levels and gear or try a different party setup or attack strategy.   The suggested levels for quests are usually pretty solid and give an idea where you should be.

Yeah, I remember those. I just thought the game was unclear on how and where to find them. Instead of me having to stumble into them eventually, the explanation given about the mechanic should have covered it off the bat.

I pretty much figured that the up and down attacks work the way you're describing. Not sure how I feel about that mechanic though. Guess I'll see how it gels with the setting up of the chain attacks in the long run.

I'll try to keep your advice about upgrading certain skills in mind. :) .