Designer Delight - Guide

Nameless600

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have a practical guide to completing designer's delight post the update where beams of light no longer show where chests are?

I am at about 70 gold bricks, almost all other trophies collected and i'm only have about 20% of the bricks. This seems like an INCREDIBLY long road now as i don't think I've gotten a single brick piece from chests.

Any advice/help would be great, i'm not a huge fan of these style games but it is my last plat to having all Lego game plats, so any advice would be great.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

I visit planets x42y42z42 and 283-935-56 G alternately (create a new planet and visit it, delete the other planet - rinse and repeat).

Both have a high frequency of traders + troublemakers and there are 3 chests very close by on 283 and one directly above Pig-Z on x42.

Works fine for me so far.

Edited by Fleckman1970

Just to help anyone in the future I thought I'd give some advice on this trophy. As I mentioned above I wasn't a huge fan of this game but i know there are a lot of Lego trophy hunters like me.

THIS POST IS AS OF MARCH 20TH 2018

1. There are about 200 total bricks you need to unlock. As jdh mentioned, you can unlock them via Chests, Troublemakers, and Night Trader.

2. Chests are random across each world, although some worlds have a higher chance then others for them to appear. The two sand worlds, the construction, and winter worlds have a higher chance. Whereas the Candy, the DLC worlds (including the winter free dlc), and crystal worlds have a Very low chance/percentage.

3. Most chests are found underground, if you find one, go directly over the spot on your minimap where the chest is, open the landscapping tool, expand it to the largest possible and dig straight down. If you hit the ground floor and you still haven't seen it, press pause and use the parachute, it is likely floating in the sky on a cloud or cloud-castle. As well, this parachute tool is great for getting out of the deep holes you created and saves ALOT of time.

4. Troublemakers appear randomly, usually one every 5-10 minutes. Although unproven, it seems to be after you've captured several on the same world they no longer appear, usually between 7-10 is the magic number, regardless of world size. If it has been 10+ minutes and one hasn't appeared, switch worlds and try again.

5. Troublemakers can appear standing still or walking around, be careful with walking around however, as when you are on the chest hunt you'll become very fast at digging, opening, respawn/parachute, & looking for the next one and you may miss one. Make sure you are watching the minimap at ALL times when it has been more than a few minutes since your last troublemaker.

6. Troublemakers will give mostly gold bricks until you have 100 bricks. Once you have hit this number they will EXCLUSIVELY drop brick pieces. Once they stop, and drop anything else, This means you have all the brick pieces they can possible drop (see #10)

7. Troublemakers will NOT appear on a custom created world. Therefore, until you have all the pieces troublemakers can drop (again, see #10) it is best to find a random world and look for chests that way, instead of creating your own. This can result in you waiting for troublemakers to appear exclusively, which is what happened to me.

8. The night trader comes at night (duh), but will not appear if use the sky spinner. For this reason, unless it is absolutely necessary it is best to avoid using it. The night trader also tends to get stuck in trees or on clouds, so if you are standing over the spot where it says he is, and he is not, use the parachute trick mentioned above and check that way. If he is still not there, it is possible he glitched and will not appear (this happened 2 out of about 30 times).

9. The night trader will not frequently offer brick pieces until you have 100 gold bricks and the max amount of hearts. He also will not have a brick piece every-time (usually 40-50% of the time). It will always be the top right option if it is for sale.

10. Chests, Troublemakers, and Night Trader's each have specific bricks that seem to be dedicated to them. Meaning you will hit a point where no more brick pieces will appear no matter how many chests you open. Same with troublemakers. Night Trader seems to fill in the gaps and sells pieces from both, but mostly pieces that the troublemakers would drop. The best order by far to focus on is Troublemakers, Night Traders, and Chests. This is because you will know when troublemakers have given you all the possible pieces they can very easily, and chests are unlimited and can be a large gap in between dropping pieces.

11. Lastly, there are about 15 brick pieces that are dedicated to DLC, they all will drop from chests. Although I cannot confirm, it seems as though you need the DLC to get the trophy. I have read on other sites you don't actually need the DLC, you just can't see or use the brick pieces from the DLC that are needed. For this reason, it is best to buy the DLC if you are able to as it makes it easier to track.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to add additional comments you think might help!

UPDATE: DrPayneX on Ps3trophies.org, as of update 1.14 you no longer need the DLC bricks in order to gain this trophy. This whole process takes about 20-30 hours so I will not be going back to test again. But a 2nd confirmation would be nice. Please post below if so.

Edited by Nameless600
  • Like 3

I can confirm Troublemakers and Night Trader will only give out so many pieces. The rest will have to be found in chests.

Ive exhausted all Troublemaker/Night Trader supply and need to get back to slogging through chest excavation. Its so hard to get excited about this grind. Guess thats why its the last trophy i need for 100%. :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Can you get all the chest pieces by grinding in the same style of biome? The Egypt biome is filled with easily obtainable chests but I rarely get a necessary piece...maybe 1 per world spawn. I have exhausted the monster and the trader suppply and still have 20+ bricks left.

22 minutes ago, kiskiboy97 said:

Can you get all the chest pieces by grinding in the same style of biome? The Egypt biome is filled with easily obtainable chests but I rarely get a necessary piece...maybe 1 per world spawn. I have exhausted the monster and the trader suppply and still have 20+ bricks left.

Did the exact same thing, some might take 10-20+ cheasts to get new pieces. Just keep doing what you do and you’ll get there eventually.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2019 at 9:14 PM, Pinselneo said:

Cant find the last one :(

I'm not sure, but after getting all the pre-assembled items I had the unproductiveness of not being more winning the construction pieces, they were 2 at the end, what I did after a few hours was to buy a DLC, and then I won what missing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WerneyPark said:

I'm not sure, but after getting all the pre-assembled items I had the unproductiveness of not being more winning the construction pieces, they were 2 at the end, what I did after a few hours was to buy a DLC, and then I won what missing.

Got it !

• 1 month later...

If the troublemaker is carrying a brick you should try to grab it.  In my experience chests only gave out plate type bricks and the others all came from the other two sources.  I also got more gold bricks from troublemakers even after I got 100, but they still had more bricks to give out. If the troublemakers start having items instead of bricks, I think that means you've gotten all of their bricks.

There’s a method to make a word and max out the memory that includes a chest, it makes the chest glitch so you can open it infinate times. Once you open it it appears both open and closed, so you can just do something else while tapping circle over and over.

Edited by TiNnYzEuS

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just finished and if anyone else is going to tackle this sorry mess of a game, towards the end of Designer's Delight isn't as much about opening as many chests as possible rather than simply taking a break. If you suddenly find yourself getting just weapons and items rather than bricks or brick builds (especially after exhausting Troublemakers and Night Trader), that's just going to go on for all eternity.

Simply save, quit the game, wait maybe twenty minutes, and restart. Launch a new world of your choice (medium/large Lawless Lagoon with plenty of land is a good choice as the chests are mostly in stilt houses easily reachable with a helicopter) and see how it goes. If the first two or three chests still give out weapons or items, just save, quit, and take another break.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know this is now an old thread, but I'm having the same problem as "Im_Not_Banksy". I've exhausted all chests (they only give me weapons/items), all Troublemakers and all Night Traders. I'm missing one brick (under the Bricks tab). I don't know what the brick is supposed to be, but it's the last brick on row 6.

I've done everything I can think of to "reset" chests to start giving me other stuff with no luck, so I don't think that's where I can get the missing brick (I already have all Brick Builds, by the way, so there's no way I can get even something like that in chests anymore). Troublemakers are always holding items now (no matter how many I tackle), so that one is done. I only remember buying a few from Night Traders, but I've gone to multiple ones after Troublemakers were exhausted, and they don't have anymore either. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have to painstakingly just keep opening chests, tackling Troublemakers and buying from vendors until the brick shows up?

EDIT: This is always something that happens. Every time I have a problem with something, if I express my problem, I usually get the solution myself shortly afterwards. I got the brick I was missing. It was apparently in a chest. It just took a few hours for it to spawn. I now have the platinum trophy.

Edited by GalaxyRed13
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, GalaxyRed13 said:

I know this is now an old thread, but I'm having the same problem as "Im_Not_Banksy". I've exhausted all chests (they only give me weapons/items), all Troublemakers and all Night Traders. I'm missing one brick (under the Bricks tab). I don't know what the brick is supposed to be, but it's the last brick on row 6.

I've done everything I can think of to "reset" chests to start giving me other stuff with no luck, so I don't think that's where I can get the missing brick (I already have all Brick Builds, by the way, so there's no way I can get even something like that in chests anymore). Troublemakers are always holding items now (no matter how many I tackle), so that one is done. I only remember buying a few from Night Traders, but I've gone to multiple ones after Troublemakers were exhausted, and they don't have anymore either. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have to painstakingly just keep opening chests, tackling Troublemakers and buying from vendors until the brick shows up?

EDIT: This is always something that happens. Every time I have a problem with something, if I express my problem, I usually get the solution myself shortly afterwards. I got the brick I was missing. It was apparently in a chest. It just took a few hours for it to spawn. I now have the platinum trophy.

Glad you found it!

Unfortunately, I haven't played this game since 2018. Since it is a "live game" I'm guessing there have been many updates. This advice might not be super helpful.

But again, glad you found it!

• 1 month later...

Hello. 
I'd like to know some details about "Designer's Delight Trophy". 
Well, I miss some bricks (Bricks - 9, Plates - 3, Tiles 4, Slopes 21), so I started grind with the world "283-935-56 G" method. What are the resoults? I finished about 50 runs and NOT ONE brick. Let me add that I already have a complete Brick Builds tab, including Legendary Fragments. Every (literally every) time, there is a weapon in chest. Do you think this could be some kind of glitch/bug? I'm not afraid of grind (600h in White Knight Chronicles, 200h is repeating the same quest over and over), but I would like to see minimal progress, at least one brick from the chest. I also noticed the lack of bricks in the chests on other maps. I farmed the Legendary Fragments on Custom World, 100x100, Dusty Dunes. Often 20-30 boxes per run, very easy to locate and "dig". There are also only weapons.
What am I doing now and what does my farm look like? I'm going to a world, digging a huge hole, picking up a book, reading and waiting. Either I grab a Troublemaker (it's more comfortable to run after him in this pit) or wait for Night Trader, which still has a brick from time to time. As a curiosity, I would also like to add that I have 135 Gold Bricks, but I still have from time to meet the gold Troublemaker.
I also deleted all my previous worlds. I figured there might be some "unopened chests" in them, and thus brick cannot be "duplicated" in the "283-935-56 G" world. I also tried playing co-op mode in the split screen. I opened the boxes as P1, as P2 - only weapons.
Reading and waiting is not a bad way. The worst thing about it, however, is its unpredictability. Sometimes you wait 5 minutes for Troublemaker, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes, unfortunately, it will appear outside my "pit" and the minimap, well is not the most transparent minimap in game history. It is also unknown after how many times it is best to reset the world and create a new one. Or maybe wait one more "page", I mean a minute and see if there will be a new Troublemaker.
Do you have an idea for a more effective way?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 9:33 AM, Zygo89pl said:

Do you have an idea for a more effective way?

As I said back in December last year (four posts up), grinding just plain doesn't work. If you only get weapons/items from chests, simply quit, wait, and restart.

Edited by SalarymanDaishi