Easy plat, shit game.

zachmaynee

12 minutes ago, Bone0709 said:

RiME is not your typical game and you don't play it because of the game mechanics which could be better. The game has a really strong point and you should read a creative director's explanation of the story. Maybe then you will appreciate it more. 

I don't think that should be necessary. It's perfectly okay to not like this game, or any game for that matter, without having to delve deeper into its background or meaning. If that's needed to appreciate it more, then maybe the criticism is fair to begin with and the game didn't do a good enough job bringing its point across by itself.

Personally I thought it was pretty good. Not the best I ever played, but certainly not the worst either. Definitely interesting and unique in its own way though.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 08/03/2018 at 8:35 PM, yowzagabowza said:

I made it two minutes in before abandoning it. The second the intro music started playing I wanted to skip it. I couldn't. I wanted to skip the dumb waves, couldn't. By the time I got to waking up on the beach, I was already aggravated. 

I walked around to the first seashell collectible and the floaty-ass camera was just too much for me. The character was kinda floaty, too, but the camera pissed me right off. 

I quit and deleted it right then. Thank goodness it was free on Plus. 

Maaan... If you judge games so quickly then I don't want to know how quickly you judge people. The game might have been overhyped a little, because it's an indie but at least give it a fair chance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Maaan... If you judge games so quickly then I don't want to know how quickly you judge people. The game might have been overhyped a little, because it's an indie but at least give it a fair chance.

What an odd comparison...

I gave it a chance; I saw all I needed to to know it wasn't for me.

6 hours ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

You saw all you needed by getting to the beginning of the game. That's not what I consider a "fair chance".

The floatiness of the camera is not something I want to deal with for the entire game. Controls are the most important part of a game for me, and if simply seeing where I'm going is a chore, I'm done.

On 27/12/2020 at 6:00 PM, yowzagabowza said:

The floatiness of the camera is not something I want to deal with for the entire game. Controls are the most important part of a game for me, and if simply seeing where I'm going is a chore, I'm done.

The camera work isn't good but I've seen worse. That isn't a gamebreaking feature of Rime. Personally I've found the gameplay pretty repetive thus making the game disappointing.

I still have flashbacks of the story of this game and it's been over two years since I played it, I highly recommend it for that reason alone, gameplay it's kinda meh but it's not a long game. To really judge Rime you'll have to finish it though, the best part it's the ending.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Ok, so by your own admission the game isn't good yet you've been hounding me about it for a week? 

The difference is that I have completed it fully, getting the plat. I'm not defending the game. I'm just questioning your approach. Game is disappointing because of the high rating thus my high expectations, but definitely isn't so bad to delete it instantly. That's my statement.

I enjoyed the game ... The game was hyped up when first showed and people ran with that. When it was released it was not what people thought? Saying that still it was a great game and story. Game was not easy! Easy yes if you follow a guide but going blindly into the game it was not a walk in the park at all!   

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

i played a little game recently, obscure, pretty difficult, never goes on sale. glitchy and annoying as hell, barely any guide. and throughout the whole thing, I was kinda just annoyed by what a pain in the ass the game was, griped a bit about it, but at the end. I felt so guilty.. for griping lol because the games' story was kind-of interwoven with the story of the lives, of the people who created it and was fucking tragic. heartbreaking.

and that certainly made me appreciate it more. was called Fall of Light.