Spring Fling!

2 hours ago, PermaFox said:

Also, I took a snap of an Easter egg (ladybug on the clock) but the snap just shows the clock as the ladybug hauled ass and flew away.  Do we still need to post the snap for credit?

Nope. I just think its fun if people share it. Not required.

• Like 1

Today was a good day, I finally get the :platinum: for Assassin's Creed III and with it my game picks for this event :yay: I enjoyed the game, honestly the only annoying about it was some trophy related activities. So thanks again @Toogie53 for hosting another of these season events :awesome::awesome: I read about the next one and I have some ideas about what I could be playing for that :awesome:. I'm currently on Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen it's such a wonderful game I really recomend it, and since there's a trophy for finishing it on NG+ it's probably going to be one of my picks for the next event :eyebrow:

Good luck on the remaining days of the event everyone! keep the good hunt! :highfive:

• Like 2

Bases are loaded, he hits the ball and...

Flower: ?

It's out of here! A bases loaded home-run; a GRAND SLAM!

I was able to clear all 9 categories (though I started some of them in advance). This feels awesome. I have a big problem where I fool around in a bunch of games and the last couple of events I participated in are helping me appreciate actively finishing games all the way through. Will definitively be part of the summer camp sortie as well.

• Like 3

Made some good progress this weekend.  I finished up all the ending trophies in Exist Archive and now all I have left is finishing up all the dungeons on the highest difficulty and the speedruns (still need to unlock two, which will come when I finish all the dungeons).  I probably will finish this one up this week.  Also finished up Umineko at last.  Well, the question arcs at least, and I just bought the answer arcs, so I'll finish the story up eventually.

• Like 2

On my penultimate update on this event, I must say that I was fortunate enough to complete all RNG portion of One Piece Pirate Warriors - while some people have said that they took more than 50~70 hours to still have some coins that would be taken, I've gotten all coins in about 35 hours... Now they're lefting for me just some grindfest - I must knockout 100.000 opponents for my final trophy, and on my counts, I've KO'ed 41k plus regular games and coin-grind KO's. Anyway, it's probable that I will Platinum this game next weekend.

However, I'm still unsure about being able to accomplish this event because I must also complete Ratchet & Clank within a week... I must complete two full playthroughs, while taking care about some missables and weapon-levels' grinds - I'm on the half of my first playthrough, but on the other hand, I'm having fun playing this game (so, if I wouldn't be able to finish this game on time, it's a matter of time, not will).

• Like 1

We completed our first playthrough of Yasai Ninja and the coop trophy didn't pop :( I probably won't get that game finished for this event since we are currently distracted by the new walking dead telltale game. However, I do still plan on finishing Flower, which would be the third game, so I won't switch anything out just yet.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

So, Summer Camp is the theme for the next event?  I'm already looking at my list to see what I can use!

I know right, trying to adjust so I can use the same games for multiple events. 

@Toogie53 oh I do not think I will be beating my bonus game or lost sphear. Lost Sphear I would like to swap with Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin. Not sure if I will finish it in time for the finale but it is a library game so need to work on it more.

I decided to swap my bonus game out with Ghost Recon: Wildlands. I just got more into this one recently. I know this game is full of Easter eggs. I will try to find some and post them up. I know there is bigfoot hunting, secret buttons in the middle of nowhere, a dark souls bonfire reference, etc. 

Edited by Toogie53

4 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

On my penultimate update on this event, I must say that I was fortunate enough to complete all RNG portion of One Piece Pirate Warriors - while some people have said that they took more than 50~70 hours to still have some coins that would be taken, I've gotten all coins in about 35 hours... Now they're lefting for me just some grindfest - I must knockout 100.000 opponents for my final trophy, and on my counts, I've KO'ed 41k plus regular games and coin-grind KO's. Anyway, it's probable that I will Platinum this game next weekend.

However, I'm still unsure about being able to accomplish this event because I must also complete Ratchet & Clank within a week... I must complete two full playthroughs, while taking care about some missables and weapon-levels' grinds - I'm on the half of my first playthrough, but on the other hand, I'm having fun playing this game (so, if I wouldn't be able to finish this game on time, it's a matter of time, not will).

That does sound like a crazy grind, but you can get ti done! Ratchet and Clank is pretty fun and you'll fly through your second playthrough. I put some tips when I platted it on my profile clean up page. This was supplemented by some others giving good tips too. It's about halfway down the first page. 

3 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

We completed our first playthrough of Yasai Ninja and the coop trophy didn't pop :( I probably won't get that game finished for this event since we are currently distracted by the new walking dead telltale game. However, I do still plan on finishing Flower, which would be the third game, so I won't switch anything out just yet.

I got all excited that there was actually a new Walking Dead Telltale game. Then I looked and realized you meant  The New Frontier. ?

Change of plans for me - I went to boot up my PS3 and my controller seems to have given up the ghost after months of neglect.  I managed to get my PS4 controller connected, but the downsides (no rumble, accidentally booting the wrong console) were too annoying for me, so no PS3 games for now.

Instead of Demon's Souls, I think I'll try and wrap up Collar X Malice this week for Spring Chicken thanks to the rookie protagonist.

2 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Alright, I think it's time that I can tell everyone the full concept. As stated, it is things you can do at summer camp. I wanted to cap it at eight categories but it was really hard to think of what to cut out, so I kept all 12 of them! I'll add some example games when I make the sign up post for the new event this Friday. That will be titled Camp Wannalottaplat. Let's not hi-jack this thread much. So if you want to opt-in early and reserve your spot in the sign-up order go ahead and say you want in below.

Sign me up for the new event, please. Will it still be a minimum of 3/1 games to earn the badges?

• Like 1

I'm in of course. I think I've figured out two quick games to swap in for this event as well. Between exams, projects and vacation the time got away from me. The great thing about the next event is that I'll have all the time in the world to complete it. Looking forward to trying to get through as many games as possible. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Change of plans for me - I went to boot up my PS3 and my controller seems to have given up the ghost after months of neglect.  I managed to get my PS4 controller connected, but the downsides (no rumble, accidentally booting the wrong console) were too annoying for me, so no PS3 games for now.

Instead of Demon's Souls, I think I'll try and wrap up Collar X Malice this week for Spring Chicken thanks to the rookie protagonist.

I totally did the same and swapped a game for CollarxMalice.   It took me about a week to plat.  When you finish I definitely want to hear which route you liked best since they were all pretty good.

And because I know very well I'm not finishing up Tokyo Xanadu, can I swap it for Code: Realize: Future Blessings which I started and finished last week?  It has some easter eggs with the guys being famous literary figures, especially in the Sholmes route that has some easter egg references to classic Sherlock Holmes novels.