Rushed ending to series?

Ripper

Having just finished episode 5, I couldn’t help but think this episode was rushed. They seemed to run out of content and threw spat trophies out at odd times - or at least, not in keeping with the series or general Telltale games. 

It it felt like they thought the pay off of finally seeing John as the Joker was enough.

I was really disappointed as was looking forward to this. Does anyone else agree?

• Like 1

The final chapter actually has a lot of different scenes that play out based on what path you took throughout the season.

That is probably why you'll see trophies popping at weird times. For me the last trophy popped after a scene after the credits, which made sense. But I can see how it would not play that scene or it would play another scene if you made different choices. 

• Like 3

On 3/26/2018 at 11:23 PM, Ripper1488 said:

Having just finished episode 5, I couldn’t help but think this episode was rushed. They seemed to run out of content and threw spat trophies out at odd times - or at least, not in keeping with the series or general Telltale games. 

It it felt like they thought the pay off of finally seeing John as the Joker was enough.

I was really disappointed as was looking forward to this. Does anyone else agree?

Maybe not throw a spoiler just like that without warning? 

• Like 2

You're not alone. Lots of loose ends not tied up and a really stupid ending choice. I've loved this series since Season 1 but i have to say, this episode was a mess.

At the very least i'm happy i chose Villain Joker. The guys that chose Vigilante got shafted so hard, it's sad. I'm certain a Season 3 will happen but it probably won't come for another 3-4 years.

Telltale's got their hands full with TWD and TWAU and i don't blame them, it's their best series. But i respect them for having stuck with Batman for this long, even though both games didn't sell very well.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 7:27 PM, Oblivion said:

You're not alone. Lots of loose ends not tied up and a really stupid ending choice. I've loved this series since Season 1 but i have to say, this episode was a mess.

At the very least i'm happy i chose Villain Joker. The guys that chose Vigilante got shafted so hard, it's sad. I'm certain a Season 3 will happen but it probably won't come for another 3-4 years.

Telltale's got their hands full with TWD and TWAU and i don't blame them, it's their best series. But i respect them for having stuck with Batman for this long, even though both games didn't sell very well.

3-4 years? GTFO. 2 years tops. 

Well I thought Joker was killed on top roof after being tazed by batman but instead he revived him. Anyway, the characters of the game wasn't intriguing, joker looks sinister enough to made me laugh lol. I get your point the game itself is pretty rush. I'm a bit dissapoinment but I still like the game. My batman fan :) 

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/26/2018 at 10:23 PM, Ripper said:

Late to this party, but having finished the first two chapters of this game, I think it's laughably bad. The writing is particularly terrible. The concepts are terrible. 

I'll edit this when I finish the last three episodes, but I'm definitely turned off to this vision of Batman.

On 3/30/2018 at 9:31 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

3-4 years? GTFO. 2 years tops. 

They better hurry, then. ?

Edited by starcrunch061

10 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Late to this party, but having finished the first two chapters of this game, I think it's laughably bad. The writing is particularly terrible. The concepts are terrible. 

I'll edit this when I finish the last three episodes, but I'm definitely turned off to this vision of Batman.

They better hurry, then. 1f604.png

LOL well that was contingent upon Telltale not imploding.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Telltale was never a fantastic studio. Despite making a "choices" game, it fails in comparison to RPGs that have actual gameplay, content and choices actually have consequences.

Honestly, their choice structure fails when compared even to many VNs. What Telltale was able to do was tell a pretty emotional story, with solid character development. But for me, they really only did this a few times (TWD 1 and 2, maybe Tales from the Borderlands). The first Batman game was pure silliness, but I enjoyed it because it shook up the stale mythos a bit. But with Enemy Within, they just take it too far. Even I can't suspend the disbelief that the site of the city's most eligible billionaire at a bar would elicit only a minor mention in the newspaper. 

Character interactions are strained at best, and ludicrous at worst. The stupid woman who works at Wayne Enterprises (not Lucius' daughter, but rather the one that was in the first season as well) is particularly annoying.