How do you feel about this game?

I have just finished syndicate and felt that game was great  just about the right amount of content nothing too grindy and the map a good size, I am playing the jack the ripper dlc at thr moment before going back to unity then origins. Unity is going to be a crazy grind, I always feel with ubisoft they pad out games with too many collectables and dull stuff! 

• 4 weeks later...

As a long time Assassins Creed obsessive... I'm not too far into this one, but not feeling it so far. They've changed from the whole Sequences structure to just making this feeling like any other massive open world RPG on the market, with endless Side quests which are thus far all fairly similar. The combat rejigging I'm mixed on.... it's not bad, but certainly makes the fights feel much more bulky than they used to... Assassins Creed was never a game about combat, but the focus is moreso on this one. The Gear system... again, it's just not unique, it's a rip off of what Destiny has. I certainly need to give it more time, but this hasn't done it for me so far. Just feels like they've made a fairly unique franchise and decided to take away the unique elements.

• 3 months later...

2 years ago i played 1 or 2 hours, but somehow it didn't catch me. But i gave it a try a 3 of weeks ago, started afresh and stuck with it past the point i stopped and wondering why i din't play it longer 2 years ago. I play on Hard (and enemy NPC not level scaling) and i did everything, but stopped doing side mission because of becoming overpowered, now i only do main missions and every ?-mark (needed for platinum). At level 30 i'm finally getting in gear with the suggested levels. Side missions do feel samey at the point, allthough some are fun to do. Judging by the trophy list, 1/3 of the map is probably free roaming / collectible grind, but maybe i'm wrong. The platinum is probably obtainable for most people (if you don't mind grinding).

The game is huge, lots of little details, the fighting is ok, but you can do lot's of the ?-mark through guerilla style by running in, take the treasure or assasinate the captain and run away long enough until the enemies lose interest. I think i will buy the DLC when on sale, 

The story sucks compared to what the older Assassins Creed games did.

I appreciated the series for it's unique approach to link the past and the present together. The present day storyline is now an afterthought, and while I appreciate the gameplay not being as much of a boring grind as the older games were, it feels too much like a lot of other big RPGs that have various weapons and enemies that you can fight.

I loved the story, the focus on stealth and the unique elements the Assassins Creed franchise once contained. Origins is a good game, don't get me wrong. But in the sense of providing more of a style that can be considered it's own, Origins is just as bad as Black Flag. Minus the sea exploration and the naval warfare gameplay.

The game however looks great. The Egyptian landmarks and the sights are worth looking at.

It's an awful game. Same repetitive rubbish I've been playing throughout the series, and I skipped the games between Black Flag and this one. Tedious probably covers it best. Amused me at first, but grew tiresome quickly, now having to persist with the side content now to get the full 100%.

This series moving to RPG format was a rubbish decision, and the story becomes pointless due to the size of the map and countless side missions, by the time I was half way through it I was skipping everything, I've platinumed it but I have no idea what happened outside of it being a revenge story.

Opinion is probably because the last game I finished was God of War, which makes this game look rather pathetic in comparison.

AC shouldn't be an open world game, it should look at the Hitman series and build something similar. Create small open world environments if you must, but these large maps are frustrating, and annoying to keep traversing. Far Cry games are going the same way too.

Edited by BluesFanUK
  • Like 2

I'm at level 20 and about halfway through the story and I'm just not liking it. The level grind required so that you don't get immediately destroyed at the next story level is so irritating. The gameplay reminds me of if you mashed together Far Cry Primal and Horizon Zero Dawn. The story is pretty meh, at least for me. I'm still giving it a chance, because when I originally played Syndicate, I absolutely HATED it. Now it's one of my favorite AC games. Maybe it'll get less tedious, but I'm not seeing it right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished it last night. While I enjoyed it for the most part, I definitely prefer the older Assassin's Creed games. The world was just too big in my opinion, some areas just filled with desert. No locations, nothing. Just empty desert. It felt like a chore running around completing all the locations, too.

I also feel like they've really lost what to do with the modern day stuff since they killed Desmond- I always looked forwards to jumping back into the modern day for a bit when they had those segments.

I also tended to get lost in what was actually going down in the story (could be a fault of how long it took me to finish it) but it got to the point where Bayek became upset by the death of a close friend and I'm sitting there thinking "so, who's this?". That being said, I think that the story did come good in the end. I liked the scenes to do with how they showed the origins of the creed.

• Like 2

I find it really hard to stick to it. It's fun once I get going but getting going is tough. I agree it's just way too big and has too much extra crap that does nothing but extend the amount of time it takes to finish. Syndicate is my favorite recent entry, but nothing beats the scaling of II. That game was neat and tidy and I'm happy to play it again in the Ezio Trilogy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Discovery Mode is pretty cool. I quite enjoy the guided tours and learning about various history. I like the RPG aspect and leveling up. I have been off and on with wanting this and it went on sale and I bought the gold edition. Prob put a solid 8hrs in so far and barely scratched the surface. I love being able to go about this on my own pace. I've played a bit of Liberation on the Vita and enjoyed it. Didn't finish Black Flag, tried a few others and this is so far the only one that I may actually finish the story mode for. Even my bf is wanting to play this and he for awhile was sick of AC games lol 

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the game because of the odyssey dlc, I won´t spoil it or anything, but I think you know what cutscene I mean and the relationship to that game.

Around halfway trough I was missing the one thing that made odyssey fun for me, killing mercenaries and killing the order in free roam.

There was nothing to do, just rush in the camp -> kill captain -> loot treasure -> mount horse -> same thing 200m to the left.

The Aya/Bayek cutscenes annoyed me, I skipped nearly all of them at the end. Every cutscene they f**ked, I get that they miss each other, but is it really that important to keep the story going? It didn´t help me to build a connection to Aya!

The revenge story? I had no connection to both childs who died in the game, so I just did not care. It was nothing compared to a certain child in odyssey.

I don´t mind the real life story, but they could space it better. The animus stuff is basicly 2 loading screens and 5 seconds walking back, would vote for worst cliffhanger of all time.

I guess starting it after the newest game in the franchise ruined it for me, they really improved the things they started in origins.

Won´t say it was a mistake buying it, but I don´t see me ever coming back to it again.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just started almost a week ago and i must say i'm enjoying it. The mix between RPG system and old AC games style came out well done (reminds me Dragon Age style tbh). Ptolemy Egypt setting is amazing and full of details and finally you can see some Ancient Romans (still i wish an AC game set in Ancient Rome). I'm also enjoying the Photo Mode. For now the only downsides for me are the missing database for historical references (seems replaced by this "Discovery Tour") and the possibility to replay missions for fun.

On 3/4/2018 at 3:33 PM, Lowlliet said:

Assassin’s Creed: Wild Hunt

Enough said. 

For me more like Assassin's Age: Inquisition