Jak IV Rumored to be in Development.

Nexuds121

15 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

How could they possibly release a game with a little yellow circle that eats(?) dots and is chased by ghosts(?). Where's the depth of character? And look at those pathetic graphics

Looks like a shitty Metal Gear Solid ripoff with awful graphics. Who would play that voluntarily? /s

1 hour ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Jak encounters himself as a kid in the future and they ultimately send young Jak to the past that leads up to Jak 1,therefore Jak 2 is kind of a prequel, not entirely but slightly. that’s my logic anyway.

I forgot all about that. Thanks! Jak 2 always was my least favourite of the series though.

jak series' story is completely vague now as there is a time loop between jak 1 and jak 2, under these conditions how jak3 took place after a few months of jak 2 is also puzzling.  The next paragraph includes heavy spoiler and there is no spoiler tag in mobile site so I couldn't hide it, read it to your expense!! 

if damas is jak's father in jak 3 then how jak can be Kid in jak 2 who is Mar's rightful heir, in other words his son ?

Are Mar and Damas same, where was the relation then and wasnt mar already dead when started jak 2, etc etc.. 

So among this much uncertainties, it would be very easy to put a new story I think but ND should be a better choices than any other 3rd party company as they were the original developers

25 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Holy shit, I thought we got rid of that shit.

Uncharted and Last of Us don't appeal to everyone in the same way as Jak might. I'm also one of those who liked Jak games WAY better than Uncharted and Last of Us. You can mis-use that word "objectively" all you want (FSM knows someone else did it ad nauseam) but that doesn't make it true.

It really is okay to admit that some people might like Jak better. Your world won't fall apart around you, I promise.

On the rumor, there are no recent rumors, just recycled decade-old rumors. Also, no, I don't for a second believe them for a second.

You’d have to be crazy or stupid to like Jak more, those were my childhood games but They aren’t better than Uncharted or Last of Us. 

26 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't know, but I hope to God it's better than the sequel to Sly we got a few years.

I know, right? I saw another game recently, and wondered how in the world it could be released on PS4?!?

Image result for pac man images

How could they possibly release a game with a little yellow circle that eats(?) dots and is chased by ghosts(?). Where's the depth of character? And look at those pathetic graphics!!

Ok? What are you trying to prove with this? 

You’d have to be crazy or stupid to like Jak more, those were my childhood games but They aren’t better than Uncharted or Last of Us. 

Cool. Thanks for revealing what we're working with here. Good luck with that mentality in the future.

• Like 3

I'm "trying to prove" that while there are certainly objective improvements that a game can make (most notably in graphics and sound department), this does not create an "objectively better game". While I wouldn't go so far as to say that a game can't objectively be better than another game, it's rare because there is so much subjectivity here.

Let me take a case in point: Final Fantasy III on the SNES is my favorite game, ever. Uncharted 2 was a good game. It has better graphics than Final Fantasy III. It has better sound than Final Fantasy III (although it is unclear that it has better music than Final Fantasy III). But there is no world where I would say that Uncharted 2 is a better game than Final Fantasy III. None.

I mean, that's like saying that a perfect recreation of the human form digitally is superior to the large statues on Easter Island. Sure, they more appropriately represent our bodies, but is that the definition of superior?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Cool. Thanks for revealing what we're working with here. Good luck with that mentality in the future.

Lol no need to be so serious 

14 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'm "trying to prove" that while there are certainly objective improvements that a game can make (most notably in graphics and sound department), this does not create an "objectively better game". While I wouldn't go so far as to say that a game can't objectively be better than another game, it's rare because there is so much subjectivity here.

Let me take a case in point: Final Fantasy III on the SNES is my favorite game, ever. Uncharted 2 was a good game. It has better graphics than Final Fantasy III. It has better sound than Final Fantasy III (although it is unclear that it has better music than Final Fantasy III). But there is no world where I would say that Uncharted 2 is a better game than Final Fantasy III. None.

I mean, that's like saying that a perfect recreation of the human form digitally is superior to the large statues on Easter Island. Sure, they more appropriately represent our bodies, but is that the definition of superior?

Yeah, the more realistic the better. Never played FF3 but I don’t care about that series so whatever. I would still put Uncharted or Last of Us over that. Didn’t know we had so many people that don’t see the greatness that is the Last of Us and Uncharted series on this site, this puts it In perspective. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

people please stop saying this thing is better than other thing, its just useless.. 

how can we compare a game from 2000 to that of 2015, take resident evil 4, it was groundbreaking back then but now no one is buying it except old school players because its undeniably subpar in today's standards but who can deny it has defined and shaped gaming industry.. there are many games like this but you started even to compare 40 years old games.. this is pointless and our topic is jak 4 by the way 

Edited by Darpiom
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I thought Jak 2 was somewhat of a prequel :hmm: .

Actually your half right. It's both sequel and prequel at the same time. I know my Jak and Daxters games. Young Jak and Young Samos goes back in time originally. While others were destined to stay in Haven City, Regardless. Jak was destined to be altered with dark eco in the timeline.

3 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

Actually your half right. It's both sequel and prequel at the same time. I know my Jak and Daxters games. Young Jak and Young Samos goes back in time originally. While others were destined to stay in Haven City, Regardless. Jak was destined to be altered with dark eco in the timeline.

Fuck! I haven't finished Jak 2, but now it looks like I don't need to!

The only way a Jak IV would ever happen is if another studio handled it like what happened with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. There's no way in hell Naughty Dog are ever going back to the series. As for these "rumours", since you don't give any sources for them, and I highly doubt they would be reliable even if you did, then I'm inclined to believe they're bullshit. Keep dreaming, though.

2 hours ago, Nexuds121 said:

That's why I said "somewhat of a prequel" ;) .

Ah, it was a while since a rumor thread about a Famous sequel come out.

As most people said, rumor, not even confirmed...

Plus if it will ever happen i didn't like dhow they went with Jak, i Love the First one one of my favourite game ever but the 2nd one and 3rd one meh, Pure platform was the best. For me at least.

So uh.. the one thing no one has bothered to mention is the writer of the Jak series, Amy Hennig, doesn't work for Naughty Dog anymore. She quit after the directors from The Last of Us were brought on due to Sony and Naughty Dog thinking they could somehow improve Uncharted, since they (the directors of TLOU) wanted her to charge her story in favor of what they wanted.

If there was a new Jak game, it wouldn't be the same.

17 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's why I said "somewhat of a prequel". Btw don't get me wrong, I prefer sequels over prequels too for the same reason.

The Lost Frontier was a flop. Looks like a 3 hour Gameplay lol.

18 hours ago, soniq said:

How? As far as I remember everything in it took place after the first game.

Jak and Daxter first part is a sequel and a beginning adventure before others took place.

The only "rumor" i saw was that Jak's last VA (Josh Keaton in Lost Frontier and PS All-Stars Battle Royale) tweeted a photo of himself in a studio with a mo-cap suit, so some people assumed that he was mo-capping a new Jak game.

Keep in mind that the mo-cap for TLoU 2 could still be happening, there was a tweet where the director of the game posted a picture of him and a dog, that was one month before the VA tweet.

Who knows, maybe it is a new Jak game, or maybe the Jak VA just so happens to mo-cap a character in TLoU 2. The VA of Dante in Devil May Cry did some mo-cap for TLoU 1, imagine if he had tweeted a picture like that, everyone would believe it would be a DMC5.

It's not outside the realm of possibilities though since ND does have at least two teams who work on different things, TLoU 1 was already being developed after Uncharted 2 released, so they were making both Uncharted 3 and TLoU at the same time.

Yeah this entire thread is a made up "rumor" by the op. There is nothing in gaming news that is suggesting a rumor of jak 4 is being made so no need to get your hopes up and believe me if this was a real rumor it would be very easy to find at least some kind of link to an article on the internet but there is nothing out there.

19 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I guess you forgot about Uncharted and Last of Us? Both are light years better than the Jak games, to say otherwise is just silly.

They could do Jak 4, they’re just better than just a simple Platformer dev now. How dare you act like they couldn’t do it.

If you want a game that fails to be the Jak people love and adore, then yeah. They  can churn out some game that they call Jak.

They've moved beyond these kinds of games. They wouldn't do justice to this, because they are not passionate about games like this. They're passionate about games like Uncharted and TLoU, not Jak.

How dare I acknowledge reality!

edit; there's a reason they decided against making another Jak  and instead went with a new IP that turned out to be The Last of Us. Look at the concept art they showed of Jak '4'. It completely misses the point, it's trying to make a Jak game into the type of game they like to make. Which would be bad for everybody. Bad for fans of Jak, bad for ND.

Edited by Elvick_