Batman: Arkham Origins Information + Release Date

Chambers35

time to start up the AC dlc ... only kidding - even though I think this batman series is great, there is so much DLC, I'll wait for a GOTY edition (same goes for most games these days)

Great news though :)

Edited by leprodigalson

time to start up the AC dlc ... only kidding - even though I think this batman series is great, there is so much DLC, I'll wait for a GOTY edition (same goes for most games these days)

Great news though :)

There is already a GOTY edition for both Arkham Asylum and City.

Now for my hardest decision, does the case go before Asylum on my shelf or after City :hmm:  :shakefist: Damn you video game organization OCD

Edited by Dark_KnightRisen
  • Like 1

Am I the only one worried about Rocksteady not being at the helm? I know this studio has all the same tools available but I'm still a little apprehensive about a new developer.

Parker

I'm also worried that rocksteady isn't involved. But with AC getting 10's for review scores. I'll remain optimistic that they aren't just gonna hand over the franchise name to just anyone to make a few bucks. I am worried about the handheld title thats going to launch the same day. Now that worries me.

• Made by Warner Bros. Games Montreal instead of Rocksteady
  • WB Montreal has full access to Rocksteady’s custom modified Unreal engine to capture the look and feel of the Arkhamverse
  • Deathstroke appearing for the first time in a core Arkham game
  • Creative director is Eric Holmes (lead designer of The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype)
  • Wii U/PS3/360/PC

Wii U Wii U Wii U Wii U

Hahahaha, Sure. Sure. This will be interesting. Let's see what the nintendo iPad can do.

Am I the only one worried about Rocksteady not being at the helm? I know this studio has all the same tools available but I'm still a little apprehensive about a new developer.

Parker

Absolutely not. Frankly I was really upset with Rocksteady for not making Arkham City GOTY compatible with reg Arkham City save files but fact of the matter is they made this franchise what it is. Batman was made by countless video game publishers prior from Akklaim to EA but no one before Rocksteady captured the Dark Knight's abilities and awesomeness.

Based on historical precedence of releasing GOTY editions w/all DLC included months after initial release AND the fact Rocksteady is no longer at the helm, this will absolutely be a wait and see for me. Sorry, there is more reward for waiting with this series.

Pretty much the same as they did with Arkham City Wii U version i guess...

lol! theres Wii U version too??

not trying to be a hater or fanboy but will it's gonna run as smooth as the ps3 / PC and 360's?

i looked at the the armored edition of arkham city and it never looked as good as the other versions, some developers said it's something about the Wii U gpu's run slower then the ps3 and 360's but still kinda a good way to use the gamepad of it though.

i think the Wii U's gpu is one of the reasons why most games this generation didn't get a Wii U release.

lol! theres Wii U version too??

not trying to be a hater or fanboy but will it's gonna run as smooth as the ps3 / PC and 360's?

i looked at the the armored edition of arkham city and it never looked as good as the other versions, some developers said it's something about the Wii U gpu's run slower then the ps3 and 360's but still kinda a good way to use the gamepad of it though.

i think the Wii U's gpu is one of the reasons why most games this generation didn't get a Wii U release.

I think you're confusing the WiiU with the Wii. The WiiU is Nintendo's newest home console and is more powerful than the PS3 and 360 and if I recall correctly Batman performed pretty much identically on all platforms.

Parker