“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

5 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

Thanks mate, thought I had been easy on myself.... set most of my targets lower than what I achieved last year.. (which was my best ever). Mainly set the percentage high to encourage myself to try and concentrate  on my backlog ( have over 300 E ranked games, lol).

My current crazy goal is to try and get plat 500, trophy 17,000 & PSN level 86 in one hit. 1f914.png

Now that is a great goal - because once you have it set up, you cannot earn any other trophy to avoid messing it up.

Because when I picked GTA V plat as my 1000th total trophy i could not play anything else until I got the plat so I went weeks without earning any other trophies.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xEl_Cidx said:

Now that is a great goal - because once you have it set up, you cannot earn any other trophy to avoid messing it up.

Because when I picked GTA V plat as my 1000th total trophy i could not play anything else until I got the plat so I went weeks without earning any other trophies.

I just experienced something like this myself. When I was closing in on trophy 15,000, I got myself to 14,998 and then went a whole week without a trophy while playing through A Crack in Time to get the final trophy and plat for number 15,000.

Ok, a question for the group here. My next game I am going to attempt to get off my back log of incomplete games is Republique. I got 1 trophy in 2017 and haven't touched it since. I'm not a big fan of stealth but I do get an itch to play them once in a while. I have found some good videos for the collectibles and hope I can stick with it. I have also considered Hitman 2 from PS3. 

Any tips for either I will be open to hearing them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snakebit10 said:

Ok, a question for the group here. My next game I am going to attempt to get off my back log of incomplete games is Republique. I got 1 trophy in 2017 and haven't touched it since. I'm not a big fan of stealth but I do get an itch to play them once in a while. I have found some good videos for the collectibles and hope I can stick with it. I have also considered Hitman 2 from PS3. 

I can't really weigh in on the options, but Republique was always a game I wanted to try out but has been taken off the store for the EU.

@Fnee2000

The first backlog game of the year, very nice! & love the title under your username B)

@xcutioner_0 Welcome to the event!

You’ve got quite a large backlog to work through, but it’s great you’re starting on those longer ones first. I’d also suggest going for inFamous Second Son, Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry, & Game of Thrones if you’d like some shorter casual games to work on. Keep us posted on your “rehab” journey & best of luck on the smaller backlog. Can’t wait to see which game you cross off first!

Also, hope you’re enjoying the Uncharted series (it’s my favorite) ?

@snakebit10

You could always alternate. A backlog game completion for one month, a new game to start the next. At nearly 80% completion with that large of a list is really great, you can definitely improve & still enjoy new games.

& I may not have any experience with either of those stealth games (though I’m in the same boat with a tendency to avoid them). I’d say just keep your patience with stealth. I remember plenty of times in Hitman (PS4) where I’d compromised disguises & had to sneak around & basically tank my score with non-target kills just to complete a mission. You learn from the mistakes & can finish them though.

@bruin-rocks

Happy to see you got back to Sherlock! I agree, the gameplay isn’t always smooth, especially during faster action sequences. As a whole, I think it’s great as a detective series (but you really do have to be into that genre).

I'm gonna enjoy watching the quest for a perfect year long streak. Two of you already have January checked off, come on @Psy-Tychist you got this!

@Flex_Da_Brent

No worries, focus on those exams. The games will always be there to come back to. Added HZD. Great choice for your 50th!

@damage_6-9

They may not be plats, but they certainly count. & more importantly, they’re now done & have helped with your completion percent.

• Like 3

On 7.1.2020 at 4:47 AM, Gretchen27 said:

2019 Summary:

Hola, everyone! Hope your New Year is off to a good start. I’ve finally got the year end summary compiled. For those of you who joined in this past year, it’s very similar to the monthly summary, just on an individual scale (& a bit better presented). Overall: 18 active members completed 170 games!

That’s almost 50 games more than this time last year. So take a moment & look back over your progress. Did you manage to check off something for every section? If not, try to go for an absolute rarity or non-platinum game this year. & if you did manage to check off every section, see if you can extend your monthly streaks or most productive month. We still haven’t had a member ace the year by crossing off at least one game every month. Maybe this’ll be the year for it….Any who, enjoy looking over the year end highlights for everyone in the spoiler below, & feel free to share your thoughts on how your year went.

Oldest Game Completed: LittleBigPlanet [11 years, 4 days] Kevvik

Youngest Game Completed: Devious Dungeon [6 months, 6 hours] snakebit10

Rarest Platinum: Star Trek Online (0.35%) REAPER4536

Rarest 100%: Road Not Taken (0.53%) bruinrocks

Absolute Rarity: Star Trek Online (0.31%) REAPER4536

On 7.1.2020 at 6:13 AM, bruin-rocks said:

@Fnee2000 You came into this event and you are just a steam roller, I tried really hard in 2019 to clear my backlog and completed over 50 games, so I want a friendly competition, I challenge you to complete at least one game every single month for 2020, anyone else is welcome to join but I think it would be a fun challenge for the new year. 

Guten Tag! :D  After my last exam (which I hopefully pass), I should have time for at least one game a month. So challenge accepted.

I am happy that Star Trek Online made the absolute rarity this year :). Defiantly a good 50th milestone. My last year went OK with completely avoiding Naughty Dog Games's server shutdown and Drive Club delisting. I am basically just going for shut down candidates (Online Only)  only atm. Speaking of Bad Company, Most Wanted, DriveClub and Battleborn. My goals for this year are 65 Platinums in total and avoiding every shutdown or deleting. An overall completion rate of 60% would be nice too. When I have time for other Backlog games I will try to focus more on PS3 in generall to fully migrate to PS4 (or just having on PS3 game unfinished at a time).

15 Days left for my first Backlog game :D let's knock it off

• Like 3

I'm a bit late to the party, but I have decided to start working on my backlog and I would love to join. 
I might have completed my game of the month already if you will allow it.

After 2 year and 1 month I finally finished Star Wars Battelfront 2, cause of the grind towards the maximum online level.

I also completed Shadow of the Tomb Raider after 1 year and 3 months, bought the game back in the day but stopped cause a bunch of other great games came out and forget about it entirely. Completed the main game, got the plat and did all of the 7 DLC packs.

I am also aiming to get the platinum for Uncharted lost legacy after letting it get dusty in the closet for more then 2 years.... this month.

• Like 3

Kind of a “Woah where did that.l come from?” Platinum today. Goat Simulator platinum achieved today. First trophy September 13th 2015, final trophy January 14th 2020, platinum time 4 years 4 months. Rarity 29.51%. This game was fun when I played it four years ago, and it was fun again going back for platinum. I enjoyed the majority of what I had to do and I might try for 100%. Until then I want to try and finish Life is Strange and Dante’s Inferno before the end of the month. I leave for a trip January 25th and already have a full Vita worth of backlog to work on during my trip. 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 4

@REAPER4536 

You did some amazing online gaming last year with Star Trek & ND (thank you again for the help in Uncharted). It's a lofty goal to focus on those online heavy games, you can do it though!

@IGUnique This party don't ever stop. Come on in :wave:

& I've allowed completions in the same month as joining before, so those two will count. Welcome aboard & keep chipping away at that backlog.

@bruin-rocks

Just out of curiosity now that this in on PS+, is it fun solo or better with friends? It doesn't really interest me just playing this crash sim mess alone, but if it has it's moments then I'd probably give it a go on couch co-op with a friend. 

47 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

@REAPER4536 

You did some amazing online gaming last year with Star Trek & ND (thank you again for the help in Uncharted). It's a lofty goal to focus on those online heavy games, you can do it though!

@IGUnique This party don't ever stop. Come on in :wave:

& I've allowed completions in the same month as joining before, so those two will count. Welcome aboard & keep chipping away at that backlog.

@bruin-rocks

Just out of curiosity now that this in on PS+, is it fun solo or better with friends? It doesn't really interest me just playing this crash sim mess alone, but if it has it's moments then I'd probably give it a go on couch co-op with a friend. 

I originally played the game four years ago in couch co-op and was never going for trophies but just happened to nab the majority of the trophies goofing around. Today though I just wanted to knock out the collectibles and the remaining trophies I had to do. But it’s still fun solo. But definitely better co-op. 

• Like 1

@Gretchen27 I am on the board! 

The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Completed 13/01/20 - 1 year, 5 months - 31.02% Rarity

I am glad that I made this my 200th Platinum, I love the story arc and Telltale finished it well, even though I know that part of it was a bit of pandering and reusing writing. The finality of Clem's story was good and I had lots of moisture in my eyes.

But that's not all, I have another one too!

Back to Bed - Completed 15/01/20 - 3 years, 2 months - 12.46% Rarity

Tis a bit of a Dali fever dream with some Escher puzzle parts in it. It was not that difficult, but there are some puzzles that have really easy solutions when the intended ones are much harder to implement.

Going to try and get flOw and Rocket League finished up, just need a friend to play one game of Rocket League.

• Like 4

Life is Strange PS3 complete. First trophy July 14th 2019, final trophy January 16th 2020. Time to complete 6 months 3 days. Rarity 40.79%. I was really interested in replaying this game back in the summer after I did Before the Storm, and it was really cool in the beginning to see everything that is referenced but once you get past a certain point the games feel like they are no longer connected and I got bored. Came back recently cause I noticed it was just over the threshold for this event and figured I might as well clear it. Also it was platinum 225, I liked the trophy title of “What If?” But it really butchered my ultra rare milestones, I have a few platinum milestones that aren’t Ultra Rare but not many, it will just have to join the few non-UR’s. Might take a small break from backlog until I go away on my trip, have some Vita games planned for that. Dragon Fantasy Book 2(hopefully I can finish it on the plane ride), Guacamelee, Axiom Verge, and Wolf Among Us. 

• Like 4

LittleBigPlanet 100% complete finally! First trophy October 31st 2008, first time stamp trophy November 14th 2009, final trophy January 21st 2020, completion time 11 years 3 months. Time Stamp Completion 10 years 2 months. 100% Rarity 1.42%. Just decided to give this a shot while I waited for @Fnee2000 to get online for Far Cry 3. LittleBigPlanet is one of my favourite games of all time and it was my first platinum ever. I love the game lots and last year I had to go through some hoops to get the Pirates DLC. But I got it and finished it today. Finally completed that game! Hopefully getting Far Cry 3 done today as well. Will update in a few hours. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Well.... I've managed to do it, and for an extra bonus I achieved it with a backlog game. 1f60e.png

Woah! Nice one and congrats! That’s definitely some perfect timing to nail all three.

• Like 1

Far Cry 3 platinum achieved! First trophy May 13th 2014, final trophy January 21st 2020, completion time 5 years 8 months. Rarity 18.00%. I enjoyed this game back in the day. Recently saw @Fnee2000 playing it and asked if I could join for the co-op trophies. Decided to knock out the single player quickly today and then finished co-op just now, another game complete! 

• Like 4

Notched another completion on my belt for the day. Makes two Far Cry games finished up in one day. It was ok, a lot of throwback jokes to the 80’s. Far too dark though. Even with the brightness all the way up, I had trouble seeing things.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (PS3) - Completed in 6 years, 8 months

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 4

Just now, Fnee2000 said:

Notched another completion under my belt for the day. Makes two Far Cry games finished up in one day.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (PS3) - Completed in 6 years, 8 months

Congrats, nicely done ?  ..... must get around to that one myself one day....

• Like 1