Trophy Thoughts

35 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

I just hope the online doesn't suck performance wise, and most of the games are much more fun than STreet Fighter V SMH

"Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection was developed by Digital Eclipse and published by Capcom.[1][5] To provide minimal latency in online play, the development team implemented "rewind" technology and allowed players to adjust their own input latency via an in-game menu"

So like HD Remix and 3so, will be on par or even better.

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I guess because it's "too hard" and "arcade like" for most people?

Naw, because they're not committed enough.  That's all.  You can take advantage of the A.I. and the online matches are a pain, but that's about it.

Just now, weavsxx said:

"Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection was developed by Digital Eclipse and published by Capcom.[1][5] To provide minimal latency in online play, the development team implemented "rewind" technology and allowed players to adjust their own input latency via an in-game menu"

So like HD Remix and 3so, will be on par or even better.

Well, that's good then.  I hardly had any problems with those games online.

4 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Naw, because they're not committed enough.  That's all.  You can take advantage of the A.I. and the online matches are a pain, but that's about it.

I played a lot of Street Fighter II back in the day and you can definitely just stomp the A.I. by setting the difficulty to the first star. The trophy list only requires you to beat the single player game.

I thought you could boost the online trophies but since you need to be winning ranked matches, this won't be a walk in the park. Unless your human opponents are complete shit at fighting games.

Disappointing trophy list genuinely. The only classic fighting game from Capcom that I have played is Darkstalkers and while playing that, I was always in the mindset of thinking "I wish this could have had a platinum", it was another bundle of two games with difficult trophies. Considering they had a trophy for each character's combo challenges on Darkstalkers, they could have gotten a platinum list out of also including individual trophies for each character's arcade mode run. With any 100% game, I'd often wait until it gets a significant discount through a sale before buying it. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

So much potential wasted, I'm not saying platinums are a must for every single gamer, but come on Capcom, some of us adore then, so why the hell not? 

Saying that I'll grab this one on a sale, I'm really disappointed, but after the resident evil 4 snub, deep down I'm not surprised. 

And oh, already preparing myself for another disappointment with X collection

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I played a lot of Street Fighter II back in the day and you can definitely just stomp the A.I. by setting the difficulty to the first star. The trophy list only requires you to beat the single player game.

I thought you could boost the online trophies but since you need to be winning ranked matches, this won't be a walk in the park. Unless your human opponents are complete shit at fighting games.

You can in 4.  I don't think you can in SFV.  A lot of people online are pretty bad in general.  If you're somewhat fundamentally sound in fighting games, you should be ok.  @Virdeborn you're likely looking at no less than 30.  There's a trophy you to win that many anyway.

Of the trophies to do, why would you do online ones. I don’t mind lack of plat, but online trophies bum me out. Ranked especially. Doubt I’ll be able to do those ones. Not sure I want this anyway, but was thinking about it. Hmm.

Outside of SFIV and SSV, did people really except the collection to have a platinum trophy? It's Capcom being Capcom as usual. If you want to stay away from the game like poison just because it doesn't have that shiny platinum trophy you're looking for, then you're going at it for all the wrong reasons. I do agree that the trophy list feels too simplistic. I'm surprised that they did not add trophy for completing certain trials in the game. I'll get the game eventually, but I'll wait for that heavy discount before making such purchase.

• Like 1

Just now, Elvick_ said:

Who said anything about surprise? It’s called preference. 

You might as well not play a fighting game then.  You don't have the luxury of going to the arcade and compete against others 1 on 1.  Online is where it's at nowadays, unless you go out to a local scene to get legit games in.

Just now, grimydawg said:

You might as well not play a fighting game then.  You don't have the luxury of going to the arcade and compete against others 1 on 1.  Online is where it's at nowadays, unless you go out to a local scene to get legit games in.

What are you talking about? I dislike online trophies. That’s it. I swear.

59 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

And oh, already preparing myself for another disappointment with X collection

You mean the Mega Man X Collection?

I guess Capcom doesn't want to give collections of their older games with a platinum.

List is dissapointingly short, would’ve expected a few more trophies, though at least it seems not difficult apart from online and that doesn’t seem that bad.

the no plat I expected after how the mega man collections were, probably get this but not at full price 

7 hours ago, grimydawg said:

Then, don't do them?

What our resident Canadian is trying to say is, if they could avoid all human interaction and still be able to get 100% trophy completion in the game, that would be their ideal scenario. The last thing they want to do is go to where living, breathing humans competing in a fighting game are.

Reading that interaction between you two so entertaining on a level I didn't think possible while still shaking my head, face palming and other memes all going on at the same time. Priceless.