World Cup 2018 Prediction Thread

Connie

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I think it's zero points.I predicted 2-1 as well but Modric had a different idea

Best teams till now are Belgium,Uruguay and Brazil.France has two problems:

1) No leader till now

2) Pogba must play for some unexplained reason

Belgium, okay. But Brazil and Uruguay? Nah... Brazil is going out tomorrow against Mexico. 

7 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I think it's zero points.I predicted 2-1 as well but Modric had a different idea

Best teams till now are Belgium,Uruguay and Brazil.France has two problems:

1) No leader till now

2) Pogba must play for some unexplained reason

Brazil is shit.

Uruguay maybe but... Brazil just no.

Oh boy. I missed out on 2 days (4 games). ? Oh well, I'll put the remainder for the Round of 16 up anyway.

Monday 2 July

Brazil 1 - 2 Mexico

Belgium 3 - 1 Japan

Tuesday 3 July

Sweden 2 - 3 Switzerland

Columbia 1 - 2 England

Hope Belgium destroy Brazil in the quarters if they get past Japan, cannot believe in 4 matches Neymar the cheat hasnt been booked or sent off for diving and faking injury, hes never on his feet. Hope someone gives him a reason to be on the floor sooner or later. Most overated player in the sport, £200 million my arse. Utter c##t.

• Like 2

Just now, BEANO_BRFC said:

Hope Belgium destroy Brazil in the quarters if they get past Japan

If you have doubts that Belgium will win Japan, how are they going to destroy Brazil? lol

But i agree with the things you say about Neymar.Like Pogba he is media's creation.Mediocre players.They cost 200 and 100 mil when Zidane's transfer was made with less than 50

Just now, sephiroth4424 said:

If you have doubts that Belgium will win Japan, how are they going to destroy Brazil? lol

But i agree with the things you say about Neymar.Like Pogba he is media's creation.Mediocre players.They cost 200 and 100 mil when Zidane's transfer was made with less than 50

I dont have doubts about them beating Japan, but if i hadnt of said that i would of had people saying well they have to beat Japan first. If Neymar is worth 200 mil then Mbappe must be double that, Neymar is average at best.

16 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

[...] But i agree with the things you say about Neymar.Like Pogba he is media's creation.Mediocre players.They cost 200 and 100 mil when Zidane's transfer was made with less than 50

To be fair a lot of the price tags are to do with inflation and the stupid amount of money being pumped into football these days. 50m in those days was more than what 200m is valued at today.

I also agree that the likes of Neymar have their values grossly exaggerated due to the press.

Still though, I can't wait to see that touchline incident made into a gif like this one:

Image result for neymar dive gif

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

To be fair a lot of the price tags are to do with inflation and the stupid amount of money being pumped into football these days. 50m in those days was more than what 200m is valued at today.

I also agree that the likes of Neymar have their values grossly exaggerated due to the press.

Zidane's era wasn't so long ago.Teams where spending a lot of money then, i remember Ferdinand,Vieri,Mendieta,Buffon, their transfers were around 50 mil

That dive though reminded me Rivaldo's from 2002 in the corner kick

Edited by sephiroth4424

26 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Zidane's era wasn't so long ago.Teams where spending a lot of money then, i remember Ferdinand,Vieri,Mendieta,Buffon, their transfer's was around 50 mil

It's been almost 2 decades since his transfer in 2001. While inflation alone doesn't account for the price tag increases, you have to consider the money such names bring to the club in return through big brands, fan-base, image rights, media endorsements, merchandise etc. 

So with the increasing inflation and football being treated as a market for advertisement of goods and services, there is a huge inflow of cash in this sport with billionaire tycoons, advertisement sponsors, media outlets, major sports brands ready to infuse ridiculous amounts of capital to reach an enormous audience.

The net cost ends up being relatively similar, if not less.

Edited by Zolkovo

Exactly, plus its not exactly like Neymar, Pogba etc are the ones causing the price-tags. They know that is far too much money to equate to a player but football is a business now and the players are just a cog in a massive system

Great game! A lot of respect for Japan because they played really well but I'm glad Belgium went through. Belgium-Brasil is a game to look forward too.

What a comeback, what a great match. Japan deserved to win, but I knew Belgium would succeed despite conceding 2 goals in the second half. Now Brazil has a challenge. 

Hopefully England gives us another awesome match.  

• Like 1