Setting a Profile to Private

I would like to know, (or suggest if not possible) if there is a way to remove yourself from the leaderboards but maintain a profile on this site. I have found this site to be the best at tracking and cataloging the games I own so I would like to keep that part of my profile on here. As I own a large number of digital games this would be a great help to me. I do not wish to partake in the leaderboards anymore but would appreciate if this was an option. 

Apologies if there is a way to do this already, could you let me know. If not perhaps in the future it might be a good idea 

13 minutes ago, Dark said:

I suppose you could purposely cheat a game and not hide it. But then you’d have to see the ugly red flag box on your profile, so not sure. Can I ask why? You’re pretty high up there as it stands.

If there is a way to do this without cheating a game could I please request this. I would prefer not to have to cheat. Thanks Admins, @Sly Ripper

It is just for personal reasons, I would like to keep using the cataloging system on this site as it is fantastic I would just prefer not to be on the leaderboards anymore

Edited by cjshaitan

I think i've seen this requested as well but I thought the argument against it was something like cheaters could go in and out of leaderboard appearance to avoid or lower the odds of being flagged/detected but I could be wrong...personally, i have no problem with this idea...

Yeah it definitely has been requested before, and I would like it too.

To combat cheaters floating in and out of leaderboards, you could have

• a cooling off period e.g. 28 days between toggling on and off
  • a limited amount of toggles within a time frame e.g. 3x a year

Alternatively a mask where our profile would be hidden to the public, but still visible to us when logged in so that we may view our milestones, statistics etc. After all, that is what I predominantly use this site for but as it stands it comes at the price of having a public profile. The latter suggestion of course incredibly easy to implement, and can also have the cooling off period / limited toggles. So any reason why this can't be done @Sly Ripper?

You could also make this a premium-only feature as currently there's next to naught in terms of any real benefits. Most people only buy premium as a form of support for this site.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Yeah it definitely has been requested before, and I would like it too.

To combat cheaters floating in and out of leaderboards, you could have

• a cooling off period e.g. 28 days between toggling on and off
  • a limited amount of toggles within a time frame e.g. 3x a year

Alternatively a mask where our profile would be hidden to the public, but still visible to us when logged in so that we may view our milestones, statistics etc. After all, that is what I predominantly use this site for but as it stands it comes at the price of having a public profile. The latter suggestion of course incredibly easy to implement, and can also have the cooling off period / limited toggles. So any reason why this can't be done @Sly Ripper?

You could also make this a premium-only feature as currently there's next to naught in terms of any real benefits. Most people only buy premium as a form of support for this site.

This is very well put, much better than I did. A private profile as you mention would be great. 

• Like 1

As long as this has a big, bright construction cone orange H so people people can be judged for having on their profile.

/s

Really, I wouldn't even worry about the cheaters floating in and out. Leaderboards are watched tighter than Wikipedia article owners and they'll get flagged quickly enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

Alternatively a mask where our profile would be hidden to the public, but still visible to us when logged in so that we may view our milestones, statistics etc.

I don't know if that may occur in reality but I would assume this would create some confusion and additional work if people with such a hidden profile would join the gaming sessions. Personally when I attend a gaming session or host one myself, I prefer to view which other trophies other participants might miss and if there's anything we have in common I tend to ask that person or the host if they want to go for those too. if I can't see the person's profile on here it's a bit harder to do check. The official PlayStation-site supports browsing the public trophies of other profiles but the filtering and sorting there is rather lackluster so I prefer to sites like PSNP, TT or PSNTL for that regards.

Another point that might be problematic are the occasional "Why is that game not on my profile"-posts. People then tend to check if the person in question has the Hidden-flag on their profile and can direct them towards it. With a completely hidden profile it would add the additional step and delay of telling the person to make their profile public again.

But to add to the OP:
#Metoo. Opting out from the leaderboards would be a nice idea.. :D

Edited by Crimson Idol

So this would be a feature to not see the World Rank/Country Rank in your profile, right? I'm just trying to understand because I don't care about the leaderboards so I just ignore that number. But I guess the OCD can kick in pretty hard there for some.

Still, more options wouldn't hurt. I bet there is a way to edit the source of the page through Chrome to hide that value, altough it would only work on the device you changed it in.

So you want a private profile on here that only you can see but no-one else?

You don't want to be included on the leaderboards. I'm guessing by being private you also don't want to appear in the fastest / first / latest leaderboards either?

If that's the case then your statistics need to be removed too so that figures match up. Therefore you could argue that all your games on your profile should have rarity of zero percent next to them all as your stats don't count as you don't want to be included.

Lets say everyone makes their accounts private, we no longer have any statistics and no accounts to look at except our own, no leaderboards, nothing.

6 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

[...] If that's the case then your statistics need to be removed too so that figures match up. Therefore you could argue that all your games on your profile should have rarity of zero percent next to them all as your stats don't count as you don't want to be included. [...]

That's a good and valid point. However, I'm personally not interested in any of the things you mentioned or rarities. What I am interested in is tracking my own completion rates, monthly activity, time activity, a catalogue of my games.. basically everything else you see under the stats page. So I'd be happy to forfeit those rarity figures or just let the site calculate them based on those that are participating in the leaderboards. Also let's be honest, a lot of the stats and figures on this site are hairy as it is anyway.

You got 3 options:

1. You can hide your trophies through privacy options on your console.
  2. You can delete your own profile from the site, you can also use this option to return back on the site if ever wanted: https://psnprofiles.com/account/delete
  3. If you only want off the leaderboards, I can give you a false flag that I approve and you'll be off the leaderboards.

5 hours ago, MMDE said:

You got 3 options:

1. You can hide your trophies through privacy options on your console.
  2. You can delete your own profile from the site, you can also use this option to return back on the site if ever wanted: https://psnprofiles.com/account/delete
  3. If you only want off the leaderboards, I can give you a false flag that I approve and you'll be off the leaderboards.

Thankyou for this, at this stage I will go with option 1, I have used 2 before. If anything changes before the end of the year I will look at it otherwise I can just go with that again.

• 3 weeks later...

My profile is on other sites and is viewed frequently because of being a completionist.  I'd like to move into retirement and some point and still be able to have access to all the data.  

At almost 50, I've been an avid gamer for over 40 years and someday I'd like to be able to look at my profile yet not have it in the public eye.  I'm traveling and enjoying my life now.  It's ok to be a casual gamer and I've never been that.  I've plowed through almost 400 plats and it's time to relax at some point.

The ability to do this is something that I never thought of until the thread popped up.

Thank you and enjoy your gaming journey.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, N3xmach-ina said:

Can't you just set your PSN privacy as private and everything here would be hidden. And only u can see it?

You can but then you can't see your games list on this site. I don't  have a games catalogue and have to many now to start making one. Using this site is the only way I can keep track of what I own. 

On 6/26/2018 at 2:11 AM, kfree7 said:

My profile is on other sites and is viewed frequently because of being a completionist.  I'd like to move into retirement and some point and still be able to have access to all the data.  

At almost 50, I've been an avid gamer for over 40 years and someday I'd like to be able to look at my profile yet not have it in the public eye.  I'm traveling and enjoying my life now.  It's ok to be a casual gamer and I've never been that.  I've plowed through almost 400 plats and it's time to relax at some point.

The ability to do this is something that I never thought of until the thread popped up.

Thank you and enjoy your gaming journey.  

I am in much the same situation ( maybe you have a few years on me / not many ? ). I am planning on finishing up this year too. Perhaps we just have to leave it for now and see what happens in the future. I am quite envious of the people that have just disappeared around the 400 plats mark. I think it is great.