Trophy Kings League (Updated Rules)

Welcome to the Trophy Kings League.

So what is it we do exactly? This is a competitive team based event based on a fantasy football league. You do not have to have prior experience or knowledge in sports or fantasy leagues to participate. It is just how I decided to mold the event after.

How to Play: I need a minimum of at least 08 teams, ideally twelve to compete in a competitive platinum race/ trophy hunt event. Each team will be coached by a manager who can also participate in the event as a player. Anyone who signs up for the event as a player will be put into a draft pool. On a predetermined day, a draft will start and each team will draft their team by round such as in a fantasy league. The draft team order will be randomly drawn the day prior. The draft itself will be private so there are no hurt feelings. After the draft is complete the names will be posted to the leagues OP with who they were drafted by. No cap of number of participants but try to even out the teams numbers as much as possible and keep picking until every one who signed up has a spot.

Scoring Sessions: Each week teams will try to score more points than the team they are against for that week. In fantasy football, scoring begins on the Thursday night game and ends on Monday. For this event, Scoring will open 1200 GMT Thursday and end 2200 (10:00 PM) GMT the following Monday. This leaves the next two days available for me to finalize the scores and standing and for teams to be able to strategize for the upcoming week.

Scoring:

I do not want this to be overly complicated since math is not my forte. Earning Platinum's is the way to earn the most points but you can earn points from both non plat games and DLC.

Platinum scoring would be a base of 100- Plat rarity - percentage already completed before the event begins.

0-19%: -0 points

20-39%: -5 points

40-59% -10 points

60-79% -15 points

80% +   -20 points

1S695bb7.png Claire  100- 13.49- 5= 81.51 points scored

Non Plat scoring base of 75 minus completion rarity minus percent already completed

13Sfaf7e1.png Uno   75- 6.19- 5= 63.81

DLC

DLC will be counted separately from the main game. Each DLC for both plat and non plat games has a base score of 50 points per dlc pack. Then subtract the rarity of the rarest trophy and then the percent of trophies you have already unlocked before competition starts.

S65337e.pngMarvel Cloak and Dagger Pack   50 - 25.96- 10= 14.04.

There are four trophies in the DLC pack so if you have already unlocked two then it is considered 50% complete.

Individual trophies can also be awarded points.

Copper: 1 points

silver: 2 points

Gold: 6 points

You can receive the points for individual trophies regardless of if you completed the game or not.

Each coach will have ten points of multiplier to distribute each week to players. This would be like choosing your weekly players in a fantasy league. Once a scoring session begins the multiplier is locked in.  So if a person under performs it could affect what you predicted your total would be for the week.A single player can receive from .50 to  2.0 multiplier. The points a coach may distribute may change depending on the amount of players per team. A normal Fantasy team has 8 spots so that is what I am basing off of.

Other multipliers include a .50 multiplier for playing a PS Plus game, because most people have a few and need the encouragement to get through them so why not.

I also like the synergy idea so an additional .50 would be for players who get trophies in the same game during a scoring session.

All star performance. Each player can choose two games to be awarded double points. This is for individual trophies and for the completion awards. Players will pick the games before day one begins and can earn the points at any time. You can swap out the game only during session breaks. The only exception being that once you are awarded any points for a game, you are locked into that title and it cannot be swapped.

League Setup: Eventually the names will be filled in once we have all the managers

Conference 1             Conference 2

Division 1                      Division 3             

Team1                           Team 7                 

Team 2                          Team 8                 

Team 3                          Team 9                  

Division 2                       Division 4

Team 4                          Team 10

Team 5                          Team 11

Team 6                          Team 12

Managers should have id say 100 post minimum, and be in good community standing. They should be someone relaible that will be able to complete the whole thing.

If you just want to join as a player, that is fine too, you will be added to the draft bench.

Team Managers:

@kingofbattle8174

@jem

Participants:

@DoctorDrPepper@wolverine123@cjshaitan@Kittet3@ApriIis@ArtikSkarab@midgetstrawdog

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Sorry but after reading twice i still don't see the point of your event :( you'll search for managers to lead teams but what are those teams doing?

This is a platinum race/trophy hunt event of sorts that will fashioned after fantasy football. Your indiviual score for the week will be added to those of your teammates. There will be a schedule and a weekly standings. At the end there will be a playoff with only one team standing in the end.

28 minutes ago, Kent said:

So basically the Trophy Hunters Team League? 

Good luck getting particpants. My competitive days are long over but I'll be rooting everyone else on from the sidelines. 

Ahh thats too bad, I had you penciled in for coaching Team Sora???. We will see if it catches on. Thanks for the support.

22 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Thx for explaining but i'm not in the mood for such competitive event right now :)  @kingofbattle8174

Good things it doesnt start for some time unless I move it up. If you change your mind ill be here.

I don't know anything about Fantasy Football, but being a trophy manager sounds like my idea of a good time.

6 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Managers should have id say 100 post minimum, and be in good community standing. They should be someone relaible that will be able to complete the whole thing.

Good thing I meet 2/3 of these requirements!

Also, can we have a bench in the OP to see who we can draft from when it's time for that?

59 minutes ago, Kent said:

So basically the Trophy Hunters Team League? 

Good luck getting participants. My competitive days are long over but I'll be rooting everyone else on from the sidelines. 

I see where you're coming from, but not every team-based event is a copy of THTL. The manager aspect is cool, and I'm sure the scoring system will be different. Just the fact that there's no Faceoff/Finals creates a whole new perspective of how to properly prepare for this event. It's simple, but original.

5 minutes ago, jem said:

I don't know anything about Fantasy Football, but being a trophy manager sounds like my idea of a good time.

Good thing I meet 2/3 of these requirements!

Also, can we have a bench in the OP to see who we can draft from when it's time for that?

I see where you're coming from, but not every team-based event is a copy of THTL. The manager aspect is cool, and I'm sure the scoring system will be different. Just the fact that there's no Faceoff/Finals creates a whole new perspective of how to properly prepare for this event. It's simple, but original.

Welcome coach jem. Bench created. And yes Id like to think that there will be plenty of originality. I am not the type to rename something amd claim it as my own. I think the coaching makes big differance. While you cant force people what to play. You can advise them on what helps maximize the points for that week. Depending on what thier likes and strengths are. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I know nothing about fantasy football and I've never actually done a competitive trophy event, but I really like reading the thread on your current event, so I would love to be a participant in this one!

Great, would you be interested in coaching a team or just participating?

4 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Sign me up as a player.

Done , welcome.

4 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

I know nothing about NFL so I definitely can't be a manager but I would like to be a player as well. Sounds exciting. I would also like to play under Team Manager Jem if possible. 

There is no need for any experience. The almost full rules will be posted on Monday. I will add you to the draft pool. 

37 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

So wanna make sure I understand as a player we will "face off" against another team each week?

Correct. Standings will matter for the end of the season for playoff determinations. 

27 minutes ago, ApriIis said:

I'd like to join up as a participant.Looks like a fun event ,although it looks like it won't be ready to go for another while since you want to fill up 10+ teams.

Yes, I am hoping in the coming weeks to fill it up. I will add you though. I may move the start date up to begin after the conclusion of the bulls event.