Camp Platapalooza (Game Over)

12 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

conclusion : we've got a top-notch assortment of people and I'm glad we all decided to continue on...i've been nothing shy of impressed at what I've seen of everyone's contributions to the site...i've been equally impressed at how many people are not from countries where the native language is English and are fearlessly active throughout the forums...i also can't believe that @cjshaitan is from a country where the native language is English cuz half the content he posts is borderline coherent...(sorry cj...i've decided you and I should tease each other to keep our reason for existence in check... in my world, teasing someone is the ultimate form of respect...weird, right?)...

I know what this is about you have seen my gift to your fellow tribes man from your native land of Canadia, Mayus and now you want one too. Well I will think about it, CEO or not, not everyone deserves a Queer Yank Yak. Although I am sure you would look fabulous with one.

350ukrb.jpg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

I know what this is about you have seen my gift to your fellow tribes man from your native land of Canadia, Mayus and now you want one too. Well I will think about it, CEO or not, not everyone deserves a Queer Yank Yak. Although I am sure you would look fabulous with one.

350ukrb.jpg

first, why the self-portrait?...second, is that mayus to your left with the two ladies?...quite the handsome lad, eh?...third, are those Simpsons characters on the unicorn?...and if so, why?...fourth, I recognize the ka-na-da flag in the top right and the American one below it but what's up with that weird one with the leaf on it?...and fifth, where the hell is my yak yank?...

times like this make we wish there was a downvote option...so to spite you, I'm gonna hit the like one instead...ha...

p.s. the whole image looks blurry on my cell, which is like the smallest display potential for the site...out of curiosity, are you drunk?...cheers if you are...crackin' a cold one now myself...perhaps things will become clearer in a bit...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

times like this make we wish there was a downvote option...so to spite you, I'm gonna hit the like one instead...ha...

p.s. the whole image looks blurry on my cell, which is like the smallest display potential for the site...out of curiosity, are you drunk?...cheers if you are...crackin' a cold one now myself...perhaps things will become clearer in a bit...

How delightful I always enjoy trying to read some Canadian, sort of like simplified American right.

You wouldn't be the first to have to resort to a like due to the absence of the down vote option. Running at over 4k now.

Now as to the blurriness of your cell perhaps it could be attributed to your premature excitement at eyeing the fantastic Yak. Once you regain yourself and wipe it down I am sure the clarity will improve.

• Like 2

I've now finally gotten the plat for The Witcher 3, had a lot of fun with that one, my final play through on Death March felt like a really gritty episode of Yu-Gi-Oh doing all the gwent stuff.

I also platted Oxenfree and Murdered: Soul Suspect so only the Bully plat left and I can spend the rest of camp chilling playing random games!

Mod Ubah The Witcher 3 Jadi Seperti Yu-Gi-Oh! â Jagat Play

• Like 4

Update on some progress I made on my days off this week for Iroquois! 

Make Something - S8958f3.png - 54% (base game), 40% (overall). The grind is SO real on this one. I like it, but I can already feel the fatigue setting in.

Get Tested - S6bb3db.png - 97% Literally just need to finish getting two more magazines and that platinum is mine. Had I only but an hour's more time Friday night I could have knocked it out before having to work today and tomorrow. After this comes the online grind for Brutal Legend (Put on a Show) and boy howdy am I not looking forward to trying to find a boosting partner for that one.

• Like 2

Update for Cabin #2:

I finished Flower! Even though the Vita is supposed to be the worst version, I found it much easier then the PS3, but that's probably because I was more familiar with the controls by now. Now all I have left is the PS4 version, which will be kept for a future event :P  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, fishy10101 said:

I've now finally gotten the plat for The Witcher 3, had a lot of fun with that one, my final play through on Death March felt like a really gritty episode of Yu-Gi-Oh doing all the gwent stuff.

Mod Ubah The Witcher 3 Jadi Seperti Yu-Gi-Oh! â Jagat Play

Gareth: "It's time to D-D-D-D-D-D-Duel!"

xD (Used to watch all of the Yu-Gi-Oh episode and GX and 5Ds, but after a couple of Zexals, I just got sick and tired of the card game. Wasted six times as much money on the card boosters as I did on actual video games. Also remembered building an actual 1st gen deck... and then it disappeared when I participated in a tournament. :()

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I DID IT!

After a full week of grinding, note taking (extensive note taking) and just ruining my love for one of my favorite games I have FINALLY become a Hardcore Risette fan and FINALLY earned a platinum for a game that I started 5 years, 2 months and 1 week ago.

This entire note pile almost rivals the size of my Star Ocean 4 note pile. All this is just for one trophy...

• Like 2

Didn't even notice until now that we have a couple new categories.

Can I switch Oxenfree to bonfire (since it has a giant bonfire in it) and put Danganronpa V3 in making friends. Don't know why I've been putting it off so long. Then For collecting I'll get Night Trap where you have to collect video clips, a lot of them.

• Like 1

Back to the Sundae report! ?

Well, this has been a rather slow week. Chaos on Deponia -- a supposed three-hour platinum -- has been eating up all my gaming time. I've made a little bit of progress in my KH Proud playthrough, but I'm still not where I need to be. Let's hope I don't run into any more snags when I pick this week's new game...

Status Report for July 29

Make Friends: Kingdom Hearts - 46% --> 88%

Play a Sport: Pyre - 0%

Go Hiking: Firewatch - 0% --> 100%

Put on a Show: Foul Play - 0%

Tell a Ghost Story: Yomawari: Midnight Shadows - 0%

Get Tested: Riptide GP2 - 0%

Go on a Scavenger Hunt: Chaos on Deponia - 0% --> 84%

Make Something: Pic-a-Pix Color

Shoot Something: The Swords of Ditto

Hang out at the Lake: Abzu

Learn Something: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Be a Hermit: Last Day of June

Chill by he Campfire: Dark Souls Remastered

Survive: Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Summer Vacation: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition

• Like 3

Two more :platinum: for my list :)

Create Something: instead of Rage it's Minecraft Story Mode Season Two :platinum:

Easy to watch this half game/ half video by Telltale :D  .. crafting is important here, every room or two a puzzle can only be solved by collecting stuff and lucky me! there's always a crafting table nearby... what a coincidende :D

And for Campfire i finished Skyrim :platinum:  :yay:

What an awesome game. I played ~ 130 hours with Dawnguard and Hearthfire inclusive but i like every moment of it :)  There are several bonfires in the world which i used to cook some food. Torches and Firemagic too so that's good for this category :P  ... as a vampire (lord) my blood even boiled in the sun so that should count too :D  ... but despite several ports this game still has some bugs/glitches which were/are annoying but not game breaking at least like Alduin floating in the air, invulnerable :( just because i used Dragonrend as soon as i saw him. Loaded a save just 1 min older and let him finish his welcoming speech before attacking :D ... and the companion glitch (infinite inventory) was very helpful in collecting stuff to either build armor and jewelry or sell it :) ... i am almost done with the Dragonborn DLC too but that doesn't matter for this event...

Just one category left now :yay:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, coolsnowvil said:

so......... i have a question........

with the deal with games with dlc content.... you can split that up into two categories???  One for the 100% completion of the dlc and one for the platinum itself??

also @DoctorDrPepper what game was all that extensive note taking for??

A game can only be used once in this event. And @DoctorDrPepper was talking about Persona 4 Golden i'm pretty sure :)

• Like 1

On ‎28‎.‎07‎.‎2018 at 9:19 PM, Jens said:

Holy crap, it's finally over... I aced all of the Ultimate Battle challenge thingies, so they weren't all that bad after all. This could be already seen as the plat because there is no way in hell I'll let the car chase on Legend ruin all the work :P So basically just the Legend playthrough remains. But I'll wait with it until I can use it as the Y for the spelling event, this game will be a very sweet double dip ^_^

Nicely done! I know that you can do it :P The rest of the trophies should be a walk in the park. I don´t want to crush your Motivation but the climax battles in Kiwami a the easiest in the Serie in my opinion :D 

Regarding Persona5, I already played through it once after it was released and it was and is a Diamond. As a fan of the previously games I know that this game has to be good.  Wanted to make it my 100th platinum and past some time (now over a year) to Play trough it once again and enjoy the Story for a second time :) 

• Like 2

On 7/29/2018 at 2:25 AM, DoctorDrPepper said:

I DID IT!

After a full week of grinding, note taking (extensive note taking)1YHcUat.jpg and just ruining my love for one of my favorite games I have FINALLY become a Hardcore Risette fan and FINALLY earned a platinum for a game that I started 5 years, 2 months and 1 week ago. That completes my full extended list for Camp Platapalooza and puts me at 100 Platinum trophies!

Thanks @ProfBambam55 for keeping this going and giving me the one last push to finally cross this one off my list.

Nice, congrats :yay: . I also made P4G plat #100 :highfive: . Those are impressive notes, I wrote mine in Excel, which made it very easy to spot duplicate lines.

On 7/28/2018 at 3:58 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

Yeah, with ya there, Dragon. That's why I am going to delete the account which I downloaded inFAMOUS First Light on once I cannibalize its games. I don't know why I decided to download that. :( Did love the arena challenges in the original Ratchet and Clank trilogy. I might look for a decrepit old PS3 so I can play those games again. :)

Found out that Game Over Videogames has used PS3s for less than $120. Sadly, I may have to wait until mid-August because my parents are going to visit dad's side of the family in Iowa on the day my next Social Security Check comes in. I have some money but not enough to cover the cost and run out of food money. I may have to cut a deal with them. :( For the rec, I'd only play exclusive games on it, I am not stacking trophies because I had bad experiences with the PS3 versions of LEGO games like LEGO Batman 3(the disc would not read) and LEGO Marvel Superheroes(the game froze four times).

Not sure why you're quoting me about something Jens said.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, congrats :yay: . I also made P4G plat #100 :highfive: . Those are impressive notes, I wrote mine in Excel, which made it very easy to spot duplicate lines.

Guess I must be really lucky to receive the trophy in my first playthrough on normal with switching my characters constantly in each dungeon :hmm: I didn´t take notes and I received the trophy in heaven. But I took every Status ailments with me for each character. That was the only notes I took, which character had which Status ailments.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Inuty said:

Guess I must be really lucky to receive the trophy in my first playthrough on normal with switching my characters constantly in each dungeon :hmm: I didn´t take notes and I received the trophy in heaven. But I took every Status ailments with me for each character. That was the only notes I took, which character had which Status ailments.

I leveled up Rise's social link too fast and missed out on a lot of lines, so had to grind for them. Also didn't switch characters until after acquiring them all, which didn't help. Learned my lesson with that though and switched characters a lot in P5.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 7:25 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

I DID IT!

After a full week of grinding, note taking (extensive note taking)1YHcUat.jpg and just ruining my love for one of my favorite games I have FINALLY become a Hardcore Risette fan and FINALLY earned a platinum for a game that I started 5 years, 2 months and 1 week ago. That completes my full extended list for Camp Platapalooza and puts me at 100 Platinum trophies!

Thanks @ProfBambam55 for keeping this going and giving me the one last push to finally cross this one off my list.

Hey, can you e-mail a digital copy of your notes to me? I need to plat this m******f****** of a game for jem's event. :D

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Not sure why you're quoting me about something Jens said.

Sorry, I forgot that was a quote, my bad. :(

1S703b96.png

Detroit Become Human :platinum: Get Tested

Okay so maybe I needed more than just another hour to get this one, but the magazines are collected and the platinum is mine! I'd never played a David Cage production before, and I didn't have any expectations for how good or bad it could be. I know it's gotten some criticism for being melodramatic but I really, truly loved this game. I highly recommend it! And if nothing else, the chapter select feature makes getting the different paths/decision trophies a lot easier to get. Now onto Brutal Legend (Put on a Show) pending on how successful a boosting session bid is. Is it wrong that I'm seriously considering just borrowing a PS3 and buying another copy of Brutal Legend so I can just self boost it myself?

So overall:

• Make Friends - S938c8c.png - 10%
  • Hang out at the Lake - S7e981a.png - default_platinum.png
  • Go Hiking - Sc0591c.png - default_platinum.png
  • Shoot Something - S9e7183.png - default_platinum.png
  • Make Something - S8958f3.png - 54% (base game), 40% (overall)
  • Put on a Show - S19263a.png - 69%
  • Get Tested - S6bb3db.png - :platinum:
  • Go on a Scavenger Hunt - S8a15af.png- default_platinum.png
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yen-Pop said:

Is it wrong that I'm seriously considering just borrowing a PS3

There's a game store in my area that sells used PS3s for less than $120. I am going to pick up in two weeks with all my dog-sitting cash so I can platinum some exclusive PS3 games. (Not Crack in Time, I would have played it again but after my old PS3 or the disc I had kept screwing up, I decided never to touch that game again, which is sad because it was probably the best Ratchet and Clank ever.)

22 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

There's a game store in my area that sells used PS3s for less than $120. I am going to pick up in two weeks with all my dog-sitting cash so I can platinum some exclusive PS3 games. (Not Crack in Time, I would have played it again but after my old PS3 or the disc I had kept screwing up, I decided never to touch that game again, which is sad because it was probably the best Ratchet and Clank ever.)

I still have some inside connections at a game store I worked at up until about a year ago, so I reasonably could buy used for cheap and return it within the seven day time limit. But my issue is more the ensuing shame. I already have a PS3 so I'd be buying it (even temporarily) just for a platinum that I could get without it. My partner and my friends don't really get the whole platinum hunting thing and I know if I go that route I'll never hear the end of the teasing ? So easy, reliable platinum with self boosting and a side of ribbing OR still a pretty easy platinum that just relies on the kindness of strangers? Choices, choices.

• Like 1