Camp Platapalooza (Game Over)

Two more plats for Chief Bad Face of the Gidi'Tikadii Cabin. Made some friends with the Guardians of the Galaxy and hung out by the lake with Ratchet & Clank.

It took me a little while to get used to the animation for the Guardians of the Galaxy characters since they didn't really look anything like what I'm used to from the movies. Having never read the comics, I don't know if they more accurately depict the artwork there. It was pretty good, but I enjoyed the Tales From the Borderlands and the Batman games a little more. I'm now working on Until Dawn, which I'm enjoying a lot. I don't generally get into the horror genre, but I feel like this point and click adventure is a little more fleshed out (probably since it isn't cartoon-y) than the Telltale games.

Ratchet & Clank was fun enough. It was really pretty easy, however the game play was smooth and there was enough comedy to make it enjoyable. Since I picked it up for free earlier in the year, I really can't complain about anything though.

I really think I'll be done with Space Hulk this week. I had a minor setback the other day. I made the parenting mistake of putting down my Vita and Cellphone, both turned on, within reach of my 13 month old son, while I grabbed myself a drink. When I came back with my beverage, the little guy was holding my Vita in one hand and the Cell phone in the other. He cleared out my calculator total of alien kills on my cellphone, which was about 36,500 or so, and ended my turn/killed me on the Vita. It had been about and hour or so since I had last saved so I am guessing I went back to about 35,000ish kills. Since I didn't start using my calculator right away, there are a few thousand (I hope) kills unaccounted for so I'm only hoping to have 2-3k more to do...then I will burn this game with fire...like the 40,000 aliens I killed.

• Like 4

Just an update. I got the plat for FarCry 3 which was a blast. Having played it so long ago, I forgot what it was like. I miss having a protagonist that speaks and you can see the progress they make throughout the game - like Jason’s tattoos and the remarks he makes when rescuing his friends.

I started on Warriors: Legends of Troy and I’m currently sitting at a 47% completion rate. This game is a blast. I love hack n slash games but this game got me more pumped than usual. The character designs were beautiful. Everyone was distinguishable besides Agamemnon and Menelaus- but that’s not important. They even pronounced the names correctly and you even get to fight the gods (it’s no God of War)! So if you know the story of the Trojan War then you know what’s going to happen but things get shaken up as the Greeks and Trojans have interface from Mt. Olympus. But I found myself laughing and eager to play the next level just to see what happens. 

This game reminded me of Latin class and reading about the deaths of Patroclus, Hektor, and Achilles. Along with the journey of Aeneas. It even got me thinking about relearning Latin.

What I feared about this this game is the difficulty level. Playing through the story on easy was ok but got harder at the end. I’m on my expert play through now and I’m getting stuck. It took my 30 mins to get pass 3 specialty enemies. I’m currently on mission 7 out of 21. But I want to push through and 100% the game. 

• Like 1

And just like that...Ghost Story was finished with Until Dawn. It was pretty damn suspenseful and I really enjoyed it. Considering over 309,000 people on the site have played it...I'm late to the party but if you are one of those who hasn't and you like the point and click-ishy games...it's worth getting.

I only have Scavenger Hunt, Shoot Something and Be a Hermit left...next up is Shadow of War and shoot something.

• Like 1

sorry for the delay in updating lads and lasses...should be all caught up for this week...had a rather calm sunday which i spent basically just sleeping, eating, and lazing around which is quite rare for me...so much so that i started wondering if i was getting depressed...haha...only to realize that my schedule has been super intense for like ever and was probably just due for a bit of a recovery time...been crazy busy since then so i didn't get much of a chance to update everyone till now...

with regards to the event, cabins d and g saw nice progress this week and cabin h saw a 2nd member be promoted to chief (apologies, i overlooked your stats last week when you should've gotten your promotion)...i haven't spent much time working on my games recently and instead was in the mood to play some gta iv...stalked the gaming sessions a bit offering help with the mp trophies, and ended up mostly playing it instead...my family comes back from japan this upcoming sunday so i'm thinking of doing two more updates here...one around the 23rd and a final one on the 31st to mark the end of camp and the start of the back to school season...as usual, let me know if any mistakes have been made on my part or if you request any changes to your list...thanks to all...cheers...

• Like 4

On 8/15/2018 at 2:27 AM, coolsnowvil said:

forgot to post this the other day..... well actually i haven't really been near the computer......

ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD - Platinum!

1L942ea5.png

Julius Caesar 
Win every trophy.

Nice accomplishment on the PS3 version. I will never forget the slap fests to attain Level 50. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Did you @ProfBambam55 come up with names for the self proclaimed categories from @Cassylvania ? If so nicely done :) I'll check if i can add something myself to complete those two too :D

haha...yep...it's funny that they both came to mind really quickly...i didn't include them in the totals to be fair to the event guidelines and not changing them mid-event but if others are down I'm more than happy to add them in...

• Like 2

I'm do-

3 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

i didn't include them in the totals to be fair to the event guidelines and not changing them mid-event but if others are down I'm more than happy to add them in...

noooooooooo... Nah, I'm done. Horizon Zero Dawn is now Platinumed, and I have completed my original (and extended) list. \o/

• Like 3

Just a quick update for Cabin I....Finished Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.  I really liked it, and even with that annoying Completionist trophy, I'd say it's been one of the better titles I've run through.

But alas, only one day left.  If I had to bank on anything specifically not getting done, it'd be Lone survivor.  I'm working today so I'll be playing through it like mad but I don't know, still need at least a full playthrough of it to wrap it up.

Valley is iffy.  Not that I have anything special left to do, just a bunch of collectibles.  I just don't know if I'll have the time with Final Fantasy XV's platinum.  The most time consuming thing I have is fishing, and apparently there's some real easy grinding spots.  It's also the most fun, imo, of the three I have left, so it's getting top priority.  I'll update tomorrow once I finish something.  Also, do we have tomorrow to complete this, or is it over at midnight on the 18th? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

Also, do we have tomorrow to complete this, or is it over at midnight on the 18th? 

dammit, have I forgotten to update the op?...due to the addition of the two new categories (making it 15 instead of 13), the event has been extended to the 31st...will end at midnight on aug. 31st-1st of sept...i'll make a post that day announcing the end, final update tallies, and winners of the draws...

Edited by ProfBambam55

6 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

dammit, have I forgotten to update the op?...due to the addition of the two new categories (making it 15 instead of 13), the event has been extended to the 31st...will end at midnight on the August 31st-1st of sept...i'll make a post that day announcing the end, final update tallies, and winners of the draws...

Oh ok cool!  And I just looked at it and noticed that, so that's totally my bad.  Also, thanks to a corrupted save file and the game not really growing on me as I had hoped, can I swap Lone Survivor for Whispering Willows?

S88807e.png - 14%  (I always forget to include this)

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1

I finished Helldivers! I actually had it ready for a while now, but I wanted to wait for it to be my 100th. I redeemed my 7 days of free PSNow so I've had tons of quick platinums to help me reach that milestone (finally :P) 

I actually think I'm going to call my list good for this event- so free feel to remove the games I haven't finished. I don't plan on getting to a few of them again by the end of the month and the ones I do plan on doing will be because I double-dipped them in other events. I'm actually quite happy looking at my list because there were a lot of games I put off forever that I finally got done because of this event (Shake Spears :shakefist:) Actually, all but one of my games have been sitting in my backlog for some time now so it's nice to actually have them done now and have made some progress :)

• Like 4

@ProfBambam55 Nightmares From the Deep is a Steam game rather than a PS one. It's been done for a while, but if you'd rather not deal with other platforms, it and A Hat in Time can be removed.

Think I got distracted with another thread and forgot to post before, so...

Dungeon Defenders II: Fun, free, and it has a quick/easy trophy list if you don't mind potentially grinding for a few specific kills at the end. It's a tower defense / third-person shooter hybrid and very much worth looking into if you enjoy the genre - even better if you have 1-3 friends to play through with.

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD: Doesn't really have time to expand on the characters or story as much as it could have, but it wasn't too bad. Probably the buggiest game I've ever beaten, though, so I can't really advise it - mostly annoyances rather than anything game-breaking, but it still made for a good bit of frustration.

Final Fantasy XV: Made loads of progress, hoping to have my last two skills wrapped up and the plat earned sometime today or tomorrow.

Looks gorgeous, sounds wonderful... not particularly unexpected from a Square Enix game, but always appreciated. The characters (especially outside your main party) and story both seemed a little weak to me, kind of wonder if they chopped it up a bit to fill up the DLC? Either way, still enjoyable.

Combat's strange, but (mostly) works just fine once you're used to it. Biggest problem's that sprint and attack are on the same button, which can make things interesting... especially once you have the upgrade to attack something from farther away.

Make a point of unlocking outposts for fast travel points unless you want frequent 5+ minute car rides.

And unless you feel really confident in your abilities, don't try to finish Costlemark Tower when underleveled. You want the extra stats to deal with that sadistic dungeon - probably a guide near the end as well. You'll get a sidequest for the location as well, which I would suggest having before entering.

Can't say I would have gone for the plat if not for this event. The fishing trophy would have been deemed too much of a headache, and most of the other skills would have been left in hopes of naturally earning them sometime after the Super Mega Ultra Deluxe Royal Game of the Year™ version comes out in 2030 and I grab the DLC. :dunno:

Makes me want to binge some other FF games.

Planning to go after Severed next, then we'll see what kind of timeframe's left to deal with the last two.  :hmm:

• Like 4

SUNDAE SUNDAE SUNDAE!!! ???

The brutal massacre of my backlog continues. Shit got real this week, as I took on two of the easiest games I've ever played. Wait, check that. Lara Croft GO was actually pretty hard without a guide. Well, whatever. The burly dudes more than made up for it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I got a date with Yomawari. It's long overdue.

Status Report for August 19

Tell a Ghost Story: Yomawari: Midnight Shadows - 0% --> 6%

???: Lara Croft GO - 0% --> 100%

??? #2: Burly Men at Sea - 0% --> 100%

Make Something: Pic-a-Pix Color

Shoot Something: The Swords of Ditto

Hang out at the Lake: Abzu

Learn Something: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Be a Hermit: Last Day of June

Chill by the Campfire: Dark Souls Remastered

Survive: Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Summer Vacation: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition

Go Hiking: Firewatch

Go on a Scavenger Hunt: Chaos on Deponia

Make Friends: Kingdom Hearts

Get Tested: Riptide GP2

Put on a Show: Foul Play

Play a Sport: Pyre

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

Long time, no update on my part! Considering the last two games on my list for this event still have pretty significant grinds left in them, I can't imagine that I'll be making too much more head-way for Cabin Iroquois. However for my very first Trophy Event, I'd say I did pretty damn well! For my standards anyway haha, especially since I got three long time rotters out of my backlog!

Make Friends - S938c8c.png - 17% Got back into this gem while I was out of town/on a four hour flight. I may not be able to finish it for the purposes of this event, but I am glad that I got back into it instead of just letting it rot in my backlog!

Hang out at the Lake - S7e981a.png - default_platinum.png

Go Hiking - Sc0591c.png - default_platinum.png

Shoot Something - S9e7183.png - default_platinum.png

Make Something - S8958f3.png - 57%

Put on a Show - S667826.png - :platinum: Finally. A little under five years later, and it's done. This game is a lot of fun, don't get me wrong but I had forgotten about how important the Sixaxis controls on the PS3 controller were to the game overall. Those arcade machine high scores were not too bad... until Spark Runner. Never again.

Get Tested - S6bb3db.png - default_platinum.png

Go on a Scavenger Hunt - S8a15af.png- default_platinum.png

• Like 1

Ok, wrapped up Final Fantasy XV, bringing me to 7 out of 9 (still working on the DLC, but the game is done).

At this point, it's just Valley and Lone Survivor.  I'm going to be wrapping up Valley and at that point, I think I'm going to tap out of this one.  Lone Survivor was a poor choice on my part, and I think all but one is a pretty good run.  I'll get Valley done this coming weekend : D!

• Like 1

camp update complete for this week...saw some slow progress in general for most cabins...was so busy on my end i don't think i had a chance to play any games at all since the previous update...

also just a heads up that summer camp will end next week on the 31st...a final chance to do all of the things you love doing as it will soon be time to pack our bags and move on to bigger and better things...as usual, feel free to correct me on any errors i may have made or let me know of any further list updates...thanks...cheers...

• Like 3