Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice MAY have microtransactions

Take this with a grain of salt, but now that the game is up to pre-order we can look at the description on the psn store, what is worrying me is the fact it says (optional in game purchases)

I don't know if it's a mistake but when Activision is involved things get a bit strange. 

I cannot provide a picture of were it says it as i'm currently using the PS4 Internet and can't upload any pictures, however if you go to the PSN store i'm sure you'll find it.

What is everyones thoughts about this? If there is purchasable items in game what do you think they will bee? In game currency, costumes, weaponry etc. 

We don't know anything about their deal. Maybe Activision contacted them to make a game? They have worked with Platinum in the past, so contracting From for a game doesn't seem that unlikely.

edit: The older PS3 Yakuza games and Uncharted Lost Legacy also have that information in their description, and I don't remember them having any microtransactions. Could be just some default text that they didn't bother to delete, just in case.

Edited by soniq

It very well may be just skins we're talking about here. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

1 hour ago, Crazy said:

I just don't understand the decision to go under Activision, why not go with Sony or Bandai Namco again?

Because Sony likely would want to have Bloodborne 2 and Namco on the other hand Dark Souls 4 I imagine.

Both of which Miyazaki does not want to do it seems.

J

Edited by Paleblood
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Paleblood said:

It very well may be just skins we're talking about here. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Because Sony likely would want to have Bloodborne 2 and Namco on the other hand Dark Souls 4 I imagine.

Both of which Miyazaki does not want to do it seems.

J

I would be fine with skins, gotta look badass while killing. However i'd draw a line if in-game currency was able to be purchased, weaponry to, unless it's low level stuff that would be obsolete after 2-3 hours of play.  

2 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Miyazaki says Activision hasn’t changed Sekiro – “all decisions are made by us”

https://www.pcgamesn.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-activision

Suppose we just have to wait and see. Hopefully what, Miyazaki, says is true. 

I wouldn't put much stock into this. As someone pointed out earlier, this text even appears in games with no DLC all, so it doesn't mean anything. Besides, I highly doubt FromSoftware would even allow such a thing. They seem to have complete creative control over the product.

14 hours ago, TheBlackFool said:

This is just silly fear mongering. There's no reason to think there would be MTX, even if Activision is publishing. 

No it's not. We have every reason to think that there would be mtx's, look at GT Sport for example, they said there wouldn't be mtx's in it but here we are a year later with mtx's in GT Sport. 

It could be that there won't be mtx's in, Sekiro, but we will have to wait untill release and possibly even longer to see if they keep there promise. 

Edited by StarMadeKnight

Okay, some of you guys are being a bit ridiculous now. I get that Activision doesn't have a good reputation, and for many legitimate reasons, but there's nothing at all to suggest they are going to push microtransactions into Sekiro. Maybe save your outrage for something other than baseless speculation.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, TheBlackFool said:

This is just silly fear mongering. There's no reason to think there would be MTX, even if Activision is publishing. 

I agree that it's fear mongering, but I assure you that there is plenty of reason to think that MTX would be involved. After all, Activision is a company that bases much of its profit projections off of this.

As for the first response to the OP, I've always seen FROM as a black sheep of Japan. Even back in the day (King's Field on PS1, e.g.), they've felt more like a western developer. It doesn't surprise me that they don't want to work with Japanese publishers (who are hardly any better than Activision these days).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE WON’T HAVE MICROTRANSACTIONS

‘No Plans’ for Microtransactions in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

https://cogconnected.com/2018/08/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-wont-microtransactions/

Edited by ziggypossum

On 21/08/2018 at 9:04 AM, ziggypossum said:

Miyazaki says Activision hasn’t changed Sekiro – “all decisions are made by us”

https://www.pcgamesn.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-activision

So, if they do end up having any questionable decisions, we can no longer just blame Activision for them, even if secretly Activision are actually at fault, because they've specifically claimed all decisions are their own.

It's good to build confidence pre-launch and secure support of FromSoft fans, but, if something goes wrong then that kind of statement could hurt their rep as the fanbase can't blame anyone else.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, renatabls said:

I don't see that description on the PS Store (PC).

It's still there for me at least. Not sure how different Brazil store is. 

Would upload a pic but using ps4 Internet and we all know how bad it is.

1 minute ago, yellowwindow7 said:

even if it has, no one shouldn't be surprised since it's Activision is behind it.

Exactly