HusKy

[Fixed in v1.06] Mad Max Platinum now completely unobtainable w/ 1.05 patch

84 posts in this topic

As long as the devs are informed about the problem, we should be getting another patch :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't these trophies be done on the retail copy of the game by deleting the patch and playing the game without updating it? The trophy guide on PlayStationTrophies.org says the only online trophy is "Up To The Task". 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Can't these trophies be done on the retail copy of the game by deleting the patch and playing the game without updating it? The trophy guide on PlayStationTrophies.org says the only online trophy is "Up To The Task". 

 

That's what i'm wondering too. I have a retail copy and if everything is unlockable on version 1.00 I'll just play it unpatched. 

 

By the way can you choose to just install like half the patches (or however many you choose) for a game like on the PS3? Or is it an all or nothing situation?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Intresseklubben said:

 

That's what i'm wondering too. I have a retail copy and if everything is unlockable on version 1.00 I'll just play it unpatched. 

 

By the way can you choose to just install like half the patches (or however many you choose) for a game like on the PS3? Or is it an all or nothing situation?

 

On PS4 you can't stop patching a game at a specific version, you're forced to play with the most recent patch or version 1.00 of the game. The digital version of games come with all the latest patches installed and that can't be avoided. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, physical version should still work as long as you don't install any of the patches.

 

I'm still waiting for more confirmations though.

Edited by HusKyCode
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not surprised they managed to fuck up once again. This game is so full of both gamebreaking and just retarded bugs. I was so looking forward to this game when it was first announced, while bugs aside the game was quite fun, Avalanche made it to my boycott list, which still (and only ever has) consists of themselves alone. Bunch of amateurs

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a comment saying the 190/191 glitch isn't fixed for his CURRENT save, but doesn't know if starting a new save file means it won't be effected. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

As long as the devs are informed about the problem, we should be getting another patch :)

In 3 years...

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 confirmations now, including me. The other 2 guys commented in the MM game subreddit.

Reinstalling the game doesn't help, nor rebuilding PS4 database. I have also tried to load my oldest save slot but it's the same.

 

 Looks like the digital version is now dead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really sucks, mysterious update the same day I finally decide to play this pos. I'm hoping someone can confirm whether or not they can just delete the patch and continue playing the game, or if the save file is locked to the update (like Witcher 3). I'm not sure if I should keep playing or if I should just delete everything and start again.

 

Frustrating :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up. Just turn on my PS4 and stopped the update.

 

I will now do those races and try to get the platinum

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a small heads-up, I did manage to get the Archangel trophies. However, a few notes about this.

 1. I didn't attempt the glitched races, as I completed them before.

 2. All I had to do was win the final race with the Speed Freak archangel.

 

All trophies popped, so I you have completed the glitched races before, you can still get the Archangel trophies.

 

EDIT

 

I can also confirm that the 190/191 locations glitch is still broken, as it is the only challenge preventing me from getting the platinum.

Edited by Mezzixx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess I'll be playing this unpatched so

Edited by LepreCon1991
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mezzixx said:

Just a small heads-up, I did manage to get the Archangel trophies. However, a few notes about this.

 1. I didn't attempt the glitched races, as I completed them before.

 2. All I had to do was win the final race with the Speed Freak archangel.

 

All trophies popped, so I you have completed the glitched races before, you can still get the Archangel trophies.

 

EDIT

 

I can also confirm that the 190/191 locations glitch is still broken, as it is the only challenge preventing me from getting the platinum.

 

I have done all of the races on v1.05 and I can confirm that only the two listed above are broken. Too bad the infamous 190/191 glitch got you. This game is a mess. 😖

 

Looking at these two trophies 36 hours after the patch, it's now obvious that the game is broken:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3825-mad-max/16-the-guardian

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3825-mad-max/17-the-messenger

Edited by HusKyCode
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HusKyCode said:

 

I have done all of the races on v1.05 and I can confirm that only the two listed above are broken. Too bad the infamous 190/191 glitch got you. This game is a mess. 1f616.png

 

Looking at these two trophies 36 hours after the patch, it's now obvious that the game is broken:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3825-mad-max/16-the-guardian

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3825-mad-max/17-the-messenger

 

Thanks for all your info on this mate, im currently still on 1.04 digitally cause my PS4 is so full it can't start the download for the patch lol

 

Should i technically still be ok for the plat if i leave it as is?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HusKyCode said:

 

I have done all of the races on v1.05 and I can confirm that only the two listed above are broken. Too bad the infamous 190/191 glitch got you. This game is a mess. 1f616.png

 

Looking at these two trophies 36 hours after the patch, it's now obvious that the game is broken:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3825-mad-max/16-the-guardian

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3825-mad-max/17-the-messenger

 

I'll add a screenshot where you can see my timestamps. All trophies acquired after v.1.05.

 

Archangel.jpg

 

It appears I now top both leaderboards as latest achiever.

 

 

3 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

 

Thanks for all your info on this mate, im currently still on 1.04 digitally cause my PS4 is so full it can't start the download for the patch lol

 

Should i technically still be ok for the plat if i leave it as is?

 

As long as you didn't encounter the 190/191 glitch, you can safely plat the game. Don't update to 1.05 since it messed up big time.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WB Games thread:

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Death-runs-wont-load-after-the-v1-05-update/td-p/1905324

 

One of the mods suggested to use official support form to contact developers. I have submitted my bug report. Who knows, maybe it will help.

The bug report form can be found here:

https://wbgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HusKyCode said:

WB Games thread:

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Death-runs-wont-load-after-the-v1-05-update/td-p/1905324

 

One of the mods suggested to use official support form to contact developers. I have submitted my bug report. Who knows, maybe it will help.

The bug report form can be found here:

https://wbgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Interesting note on bugs, if for any reason you were to play this on PC and use Mr Antifun's Cheat Trainer, the game was designed to be Anti-Cheat for some reason.

If you make yourself indestructible you cause any and all cars to become indestructible locking yourself out of stealing hood ornaments on specific missions.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been in my backlog for ages. Was gonna get round to it after I got my 100th platinum, but if it's as bad as it seems, looks like it's going straight from the backlog to the trade-in pile. Shame as I love Mad Max and was looking forward to getting to this.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the bugs and glitches I don't think I'll bother starting this game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.