Memorable quotes in video game history

Shahanshah1991

"Darkness is destined to lift in the end" - Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden 2)

"Look, Plumber's crack"  - Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank)

"Go ahead and scream! I'll cast you into an abyss of eternal despair!" - Mtsunari Ishida (Sengoku Basara)

"It looks like this is gonna be one hell of a party!" - Dante (Devil May Cry 3)

"Last time a big naked dude said he could help me, it did not end well" - Pierce Washington (Saint's Row The Third)

"No clouds shall darken the skies that this Dragon rules!" - Masamune Date (Sengoku Basara)

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening..." - The Dragon (Dragon's Dogma)

"They breed like rabbits, these Goblins"  - Pawn (Dragon's Dogma)

"Press start to continue" - Makoto Nanaya (BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend)

Edited by Blanc_WhiteHeart

Oh I've had the pleasure of experiencing and hearing some fantastic snippets of brilliance down the years. Some of my favourites off the top of my head would be:

"Isn't it beautiful? It's almost tragic. When life ends, it gives off a final lingering aroma. Light is but a farewell gift from the darkness to those on their way to die. I've been waiting, Snake, for a long time. Waiting for your birth, your growth, and the finality of today."

- The Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3)

"It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

- John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)

"Sonny, you have my personal assurance that I'm gonna get you your money back, and the drugs, and I'm gonna mail you the dicks of those responsible."

- Tommy Vercetti (GTA: Vice City)

"Get your self a body bag, strap your self in, start making friends the American way. Exploder: Evacuator Part II. Rated PG may include patriotic garbage."

- Advertisement (GTA: Vice City)

"People say to me, 'Fernando, are you bilingual?' and I say, 'I try anything once.'"

- Fernando Martinez (GTA: Vice City)

"In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now, in our special place... waiting for you." - Mary (Silent Hill 2)

"I never felt truly alive unless I was staring death in the face."

- Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Damn, I've left many out but those ones are always among the first I usually think of when asked that question.

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 1

"A hero need not speak, for when he is gone, the world speaks for him." - a slogan from Halo 3's ad campaign

"So, Haggard had pretty much single-handedly invaded a neutral country. Not the best move..." - Marlowe narrating during Battlefield: Bad Company

"You should find an outlet."

"I have plenty of outlets!"

"I meant besides vaginas." - Ezio having a nice conversation with his mother during Assassin's Creed II

Some quotes from Metal Gear Solid 3 

The Boss:

Isn't it beautiful? It's almost tragic. When life ends, it gives off a final lingering aroma. Light is but a farewell gift from the darkness to those on their way to die.

The Sorrow:

This world is one of sadness. Battle brings death. Death brings sorrow. The living may not hear them. Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake - the dead... are not silent.

Snake:

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
  • Like 2

- Metal Gear Solid - Everything in this video of Sniper Wolf's execution. 

- Super Metroid - "The last metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is a peace."

- Resident Evil - "You were almost a Jill sandwich!"

- Battlefield: Bad Company - "There's gold in them there hills!" 

- Battlefield: Bad Company - "Is... is that a silencer? That's kinda girly."

- Battlefield: Bad Company - *Haggard sees something unbelievable* "JOHN LENNON!"

- Shenmue - "Do you know where I can find some sailors?"

- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - "What is a man?" *tosses goblet "A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk. HAVE AT YOU!" 

- Bioshock -  "Would you kindly?"

- Bioshock - "A man chooses; A slave obeys"

- Duke Nukem - "I've got balls of steel"

- Duke Nukem - "That's one 'doomed' space marine."

"Son of a submariner!" - Kefka Palazzo, FFIII

"That's a lot of nipples." Oghren about Mother, Dragon Age: Origins: Awakening

"When you're in the Legion, death hangs over you like a dirty Uncle..." - Sigrun, Dragon Age: Origins: Awakening

"So help me, whore..." Aveline threatening Isabella, DA:II

"They're like two weasels in a whiffle pot." Clive, Radiata Stories

"Why do you keep touching me?" Footman, WarCraft II

"You don't touch the other Elves like that." Alleria, WarCraft II

"You gotta belly full of hagus!" Gryphon Rider, WarCraft II

"Niiiiiiintendooooooo!" Mario, Mario Kart 64

Star Fox 64 - Peppy Hare: DO A BARREL ROLL!

Mario - Toad: Thank you mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Ratchet and Clank - Captain Quark:    Okay... The key to surviving situations like this is to avoid phrases like, "it's too quiet in here" or "everything's going to be alright"

Ratchet and Clank - Captain Quark: [Skrunch grunts] I thought we agreed to put that forest business behind us.
Captain Qwark: [Skrunch grunts] It was mating season, how was I supposed to know she was your sister, errr... how long have you two been standing there?
Clank: Too long.

Resident Evil - Barry: We should start from the first floor, okay? And, Jill, here's a lock pick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.

Resident Evil - Barry: You were almost a Jill sandwich!

These are only a few of my favorites.

"Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it." - Upon 'Game Over' via Chrono Cross

"Insanity leads to chaos, Then to solitude. The fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless. A lone, crimson tear falls to the sea... The echo of the remaining star cries out in the infinite vacuum. The least I can do is send my distant prayers over the wind of time, setting sail on dreams..." - Arni Villager via Chrono Cross

"What do you mean, a centipede monster stole your element? What, he snuck up behind you and picked your pockets with his hundreds of legs or something..?" - Peppor, to Solt via Chrono Cross

"War is not in human nature. Humans fight by making themselves enter Insanity. This is a tool to amplify that Insanity." - Rose via The Legend of Dragoon

"Those who flaunt their power disappear when the truly strong appear." - Rose via The Legend of Dragoon

"Take me into your heart. Accept me as your saviour. Nail me to the fucking cross and let me be REBORN!" - Vaas to Jason via Far Cry 3

There are so many more i like.

Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR

More RE1 (Barry) goodness.

"Look out! He's insane!"

"JUST A MOMENT! I found something. It's a weapon. It's really powerful, especially against LIVING things!"

(best if you read them one after another) 

• "What is it?"
  • "What IS it?!"
  • "What is this?"
  • "What? What is this?"
  • "I can't believe — What the hell is this place, anyway?"

"Whoops! Now I've done it!"

• Like 1

"This is the big opening night, Batman. What's keeping you? Get your cute little ass to the movie theater. NOW!" -The Joker (Batman Arkham city)

They say I'm a female version of She Hulk, I called them an Objection!- Phoenix wright (UMvsC3)

They say I'm a stronger male version of Phoenix wright, I called them an ambulance - She Hulk (UMvsC3)

Thank you for releasing me! - Most dragons from Spyro 1

Whole grain! is the Cole train! - Cole (Gears of war 3)

Rock village is on fire! - Keira Hagai (Jak and Daxter)

LLAAAAWWWWREEENCCCEEEE! - Dr. Nefarious (Ratchet and clank)

This place is....weird, is this a video game? - Chie satonaka Person 4

:| im deeply insulted by the lack of DMC, Borderlands and a certain ME quote...kids these days

DMC3

Lady: Are you crying?

Dante: It's only the rain.

Lady: The rain already stopped.

Dante: Devils never cry.

DMC1,3,4

Dante/Vergil/Nero: JACKPOT!

Borderlands 1/2

Scooter: CATCH A RIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!

Borderlands 2

Tiny Tina: You're cordially invited, bitch!

Tiny Tina: Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets. It's gonna be a crumpocalypse.

Captain Flynt: At the sound of Heaton screaming for his life, it will be two thirty.

Bandit: WHY? OH-OH GOD, WHY?

Mass Effect

never gets old

that will be all *tips hat*

:| im deeply insulted by the lack of DMC, Borderlands and a certain ME quote...kids these days

DMC3

DMC1,3,4

Borderlands 1/2

Borderlands 2

Captain Flynt: At the sound of Heaton screaming for his life, it will be two thirty.

Mass Effect

never gets old

Son, I haven't forgotten Mass effect quotes. ;)

tumblr_lemlc5mlub1qc2etlo1_500.jpg

DMC3

DMC1,3,4

Borderlands 1/2

Borderlands 2

Mass Effect

never gets old

I do believe I put up 2 DMC quotes, I couldn't remember the others

DMC3

Dante: No talking!

Dante: You sure know how to throw a party. No food, no drinks, and the only babe just left.

Vergil: My sincerest apology, brother. I was so eager to see you, I couldn't concentrate on the preparations for the bash.

Dante: Whatever. At any rate, it has been a whole year since we last met. How about a kiss from your little brother? Or better yet...  How about a kiss from this?

Dante: So, this is what they called a heartwarming family reunion, eh?

Vergil: You got that right

Vergil: Foolishness, Dante, foolishness. Might controls everything, and without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.

Nevan: Hmmm! Welcome, sir! Is this your first time here?

Dante: Yeah... it is. You'll be nice to me, won't you?

Nevan: Of course I will! I'll treat you so nicely, You'll never want to leave!

Beowulf: SPARDA!

Dante: Aw, you poor thing. Didn't your mother teach you how to use a door?

Beowulf: That odor, I know it.

Dante: Huh? Give me a break. I'll tell you what, I'll try and wear some cologne next time, okay?

Beowulf: It's the stench of betrayal. The stench of the accursed Sparda! I shall annihilate every last blood relation of Sparda!

Dante: Ho-ho-ho, a son cleaning up his dad's mess. Where have I heard this story before?

Jester: Bravo, Bravo! I never dreamed things would go so smoothly, well done everyone, well done! Don't be a bad girl, Mary. Or you can expect a spanking from daddy later! Jester's gonna spank your butt, spank you on your buuuutt!

Arkham: Welcome! What do you think after looking at your father's image?

Dante: It's like staring into a backed-up toilet! Why do you always stick your nose in other families' business. Come on, dude, don't you have any hobbies?

Arkham: What's this!? Damn you!

Vergil: I have come to retrieve my power... You can't handle it.

Dante: Look at you, making a big dramatic entrance and stealing my spotlight!

Vergil: Well... you don't possibly believe that he deserves to be our main event, now do you?

Dante: Now that you mention it, you're right.

Arkham: Do you truly believe that you can defeat me? Defeat the power of your father, the great Sparda?!

Vergil: You should come to realize you cannot control the power of Sparda...

Dante: You're wasting your time, buddy! I think he needs to learn the hard way.

Vergil:  I'll try it your way for once.

Dante: Remember what we used to say?

Arkham: DON'T DO IT!

Vergil&Dante: JACKPOT!

Arkham: I have the true power of Sparda!

Vergil: Not very classy for someone's dying words.

Vergil: Give that to me.

Dante: No way, you got your own.

Vergil: Well I want yours too.

Dante: What are you gonna do with all that power, huh? No matter how hard you try, you're never gonna be like father!

Vergil: You're wasting time!

Dante: We are the sons of Sparda, and within each of us flows his blood, but more importantly, his SOUL! And now, my soul is saying that it wants to stop you!

Vergil: (evil laugh) Unfortunately, our souls are at odds, brother. I need more power!

Dante: And we're supposed to be twins...

Vergil: Twins, right...         

Vergil: Am I... being defeated?

Dante: Is that all you got? Come on! Get up! You can do better than that.

Vergil: The portal to the human world is closing, Dante, because the amulets have been separated.

Dante: Lets finish this, Vergil. I have to stop you, even if it means killing you. 

Vergil: No one can have this, Dante... it's mine, it belongs to a son of Sparda. Leave me and go, if you don't want to be trapped into the demon world... I'm staying. This place was our father's home.

Lady: Oh, speaking of a kind devil, he finally decided on the name for his shop. It took him quite a while to pick one. Wanna know the name?

Lady&Dante: "Devil May Cry."

DMC4

Nero: From that day forth... my arm changed... and a voice echoed "Power! Give me more power!" and if I become a demon, so be it... I'll endure the exile... anything... to protect her!

Nero: You know, God, I always hated that you made my arm like this... But now with it I can destroy this thing. Who would've thought?

NMH2

Travis: Everybody deals with grief differently right? Some people fuck at funerals ... I cut off heads.

Edited by Tosmasta00

Devil May Cry 3

Dante: Wow, I've never seen a talking mutt before. You know in a dog show, you'd definitely take first place.

Dante: Damn it! You guys totally wrecked my shop! And I haven't even named it yet! You're gonna pay for that!

Devil May Cry 4

BlazBlue

Hazama: What's this? You don't get it? Ooh, this is rich! Come on, give it a shot! Work those brain cells! Nothing? Ahahahaha! This is why you can't beat me, Rags! Write this down, 'cause there's gonna be a test later. I'm the one who created the Azure Grimoire!

Jin Kisaragi: BROTHER!!

Mu-12: I have arrived, reborn as Kusanagi, the destroyer of all living creatures. I am death... 

• The world you have wished for... is filled with pain, agony, and despair. It will continue to collapse upon itself. That kind of world is unnecessary!
  • The seven celestial gods! This world was created by the hands of the gods. Everything is false! Everything is a lie! The final days have come... Now, let everything be destroyed!

Noel Vermillion: I guess there are lots of people in the world. I've never seen anyone like you before. You're really enthusiastic. Maybe a little too enthusiastic...

• Y-You're cheating! ...In many ways! B-But, I'd like to sit down and talk sometime. Do you think I could touch your... panda? U-Um, that's an order!
  • Ragna the Bloodedge... YOU'RE STUPID!
  • Hands off the panda!
  • Dispatched in Mankind's darkest hour, we are knights of the blue flame!

Rachel Alucard: Not now. Listen to me. Never admit defeat. Endure whatever pain you may face, and fight until your last breath, as a human being. Even if you are ugly, and pathetic, and broken... Please, Ragna.

• Why, hello, Ragna. As ever, your face reminds me of nature's cruel sense of humor.
  • That is quite a body you've built, but I believe only thirty percent of it is truly necessary. Are you perhaps... compensating?