Spiderman PS4 Platinum Time Confirmed

linkdevivo

That's great! 20-40 hours is kind of a sweet spot for me. There've been so many amazing games in the 100+ hour Platinum range in this console generation, and, while usually worth the investment in time, they always feel like such a huge commitment. I'm excited to get my hands on this now.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Deadborne said:

That's great! 20-40 hours is kind of a sweet spot for me. There've been so many amazing games in the 100+ hour Platinum range in this console generation, and, while usually worth the investment in time, they always feel like such a huge commitment. I'm excited to get my hands on this now.

Yeah, that's the perfect sweet spot. Plus I think there's no difficulty trophy so a single playthrough should do it. All trophies are probably combat and collectibles from what i've heard.

Persona 5 is one of those 100+ hour platinums that was definitely worth the investment in time but was a huge commitment.

• Like 1

Can confirm that it's a bit longer, although I still have two hidden bronz trophies. Especially the crime grinds are a pain, since they are random events that appear every minute of idling. Also, I'm not sure if you need to collect all challenge tokens, if that's the case, it's going to be a tough one.

Also, missable warning: don't spend challenge tokens on gadgets, because you won't be able to unlock all suits (silver trophy). Well, not technically missable, but it's a huge pain gathering all tokens.

On 9/4/2018 at 8:59 AM, linkdevivo said:

Just watched some reviews including Colin Moriarty's and Greg Miller. The former said the platinum time was about 25 hours and the latter said he got the platinum in about 4 days time. So look like an easy, short and fun platinum. This is a nice trend following Sony's latest first party exclusives like God of War, Detroit, Horizon, which all have simple obtainable platinums. look forward to diving in. As of now it's an 87 on metacritic which is the same score as Arkham Knight: I couldn't ask for anything better, AK was a beautiful game.

What do you guys think?

Yay! If I time it right, I can get my second plat on my birthday (the 13th) right before I get Tomb Raider. :yay:

• Like 1

That sounds like an enjoyable and reasonable amount of time for a plat. Not every platinum needs to be 100+ hours and require multiple play throughs and the hardest setting. It's a website dedicated to trophies, but not many people have that kind of time. It's not the same as one of those games that can be platted in under 20 minutes lol.

Edited by SebGamer93
  • Like 3

I don't see easy and short trophy lists as a "nice trend", especially considering how this is supposed to be a big AAA exclusive. Kinda disappointing if you ask me. All it really means is that you don't need to push yourself to learn the game's mechanics and you'll be done with the game in no time. Money well spent...?

From what I have played so far could easily go above 30 hours for platinum. The game itself is great. Wasn't really excited initially but seeing the favorable reviews bought this immediately. Highly derivative from Arkham series in most ascepts but still stands out. After assassins creed 2 this is the game that makes me want to play just one more mission before I wind off this session. Highly addictive.

• Like 2

I don’t personally consider 25-30+ hours to complete to be all that short for an action game! It’s not really fair to compare it to a huge hundred + hour RPG. 

Getting all the trophies doesn’t mean you’ve done everything in the game either; it looks like you could have hours of fun just with exploring and with the photo mode alone. If you think for the average player with a full time job and a family etc who can only game for maybe an hour each night, that’s over a month of play time leading nicely into the release of the first dlc. 

I’ve completed some tough and long games in my time (for example 1000 hours to complete Star Ocean 4 on 360!) but I actually find i enjoy games more that don’t have missables, or require me to play on super hard difficulties, or complete multiple playthroughs for the hell of it.

I think it looks like a nice list. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 0:22 PM, LepreCon1991 said:

That's about all I've got time for anyways. My life and work doesn't allow much time for many super-long games.

I agree.  So many games I would love to play, but life doesn't allow for all the time needed to put in.  I'm lucky to completely get through a game that takes 40 hours or so in less than a few months.  I also find my patience level is decreasing for the super long and grindy games.

• Like 2