jackmadrox

Most Toxic Community?

83 posts in this topic

The reason the community for this game is toxic is because balancing is impossible, you get people from both sides abusing stuff and playing toxic making the other side heated

killers: playing vs survivors abusing insta heals, some perks (MoM and DS before rework), some maps tiles, abusing 360 on console because the game lags when they do it

survivors: having brain dead teammates (wasting pallets, not unhooking or healing, bringing the killer directly to you, running selfish perks) playing vs killers who abuse busted add ons and killers (Nurse, prayer beads..etc), slugging (how can u as a survivor enjoy playing floor simulator?) being camped, left on the ground so the entity kills you EGC :/, getting mori'd

the only way is to simply ignore it and learn how to enjoy it, i'm at devotion 3 now so i'm through with playing to escape or for points, now when i run a killer for 4+ gens and get camped i actually enjoy it! the fact that he's camping me and hitting me on hook because i played the game and tried to "survive" making him this angry is getting kinda enjoyable for me (: same goes for being slugged...etc

I actually really enjoy hate mail.  I find it very entertaining.  Unfortunately, I only receive it occasionally. 🤗

Haha probably said already but have you played Rocket League? It is worse than League of Legends for sure. As is GtaV....

At this point i believe every game with multiplayer is toxic lol. Gamers just can't cooperate xD

Yesterday, the toxicity became too much for me. I finally set my messages to friends only, after one particular message was so vulgar and threatening, I decided I've just had enough of it. I am absolutely convinced that this game brings out the worst in people. And yes, I did report him.

@jackmadrox You must be unfortunate then. I haven’t received any hate or rage message for a long while. As playing killer lately, I expected many times to get rage messages from survivors, nothing came.

P.S. I play with and against Europeans and russians, the majority of the time.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

I keep reporting players to Sony due to all the hate messages I keep getting from the survivors on Rank 1-3

Posted (edited)

Generally, I never like labeling a "community" because I'm sure 90% are really nice people and just get a bad reputation as a community because of some dum-dums. So all with the preface of "from my experience", I personally find that certain GTA players can suck as people at times; I also find that certain Rocket League players take unranked way too seriously and hound people just trying to have a bit of fun (I love Rocket League myself, but not that much). However, the Devil May Cry community is the most toxic I've encountered.

I love Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice to death and watched a lot of Ninja Theory's blog about developing the game. That studio also developed DmC: Devil May Cry (series spin-off) and there were quite a few DMC fans bombarding them for making it in completely unrelated videos, calling them c***s, to rot in hell, to kill themselves etc. Anyone who defended the devs got similar treatment...especially me when I, admittedly to wind them up like the morons they are, kept abbreviating the series as DmC, not DMC on purpose (a tip, don't do that to DmC- I mean DMC fans 😉). Lots of them deleted their comments.. but yeh, they were awful and that group has always stuck with me.

I'm sure that most DMC people are fine, and this was before 5 was announced, so I presume they were just bitter that 5 hadn't happened yet? Idk.

Edited by PhantomFear94