Most Toxic Community?

The reason the community for this game is toxic is because balancing is impossible, you get people from both sides abusing stuff and playing toxic making the other side heated

killers: playing vs survivors abusing insta heals, some perks (MoM and DS before rework), some maps tiles, abusing 360 on console because the game lags when they do it

survivors: having brain dead teammates (wasting pallets, not unhooking or healing, bringing the killer directly to you, running selfish perks) playing vs killers who abuse busted add ons and killers (Nurse, prayer beads..etc), slugging (how can u as a survivor enjoy playing floor simulator?) being camped, left on the ground so the entity kills you EGC :/, getting mori'd

the only way is to simply ignore it and learn how to enjoy it, i'm at devotion 3 now so i'm through with playing to escape or for points, now when i run a killer for 4+ gens and get camped i actually enjoy it! the fact that he's camping me and hitting me on hook because i played the game and tried to "survive" making him this angry is getting kinda enjoyable for me (: same goes for being slugged...etc

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday, the toxicity became too much for me. I finally set my messages to friends only, after one particular message was so vulgar and threatening, I decided I've just had enough of it. I am absolutely convinced that this game brings out the worst in people. And yes, I did report him.

• Like 2

@jackmadrox You must be unfortunate then. I haven’t received any hate or rage message for a long while. As playing killer lately, I expected many times to get rage messages from survivors, nothing came.

P.S. I play with and against Europeans and russians, the majority of the time.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

Generally, I never like labeling a "community" because I'm sure 90% are really nice people and just get a bad reputation as a community because of some dum-dums. So all with the preface of "from my experience", I personally find that certain GTA players can suck as people at times; I also find that certain Rocket League players take unranked way too seriously and hound people just trying to have a bit of fun (I love Rocket League myself, but not that much). However, the Devil May Cry community is the most toxic I've encountered.

I love Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice to death and watched a lot of Ninja Theory's blog about developing the game. That studio also developed DmC: Devil May Cry (series spin-off) and there were quite a few DMC fans bombarding them for making it in completely unrelated videos, calling them c***s, to rot in hell, to kill themselves etc. Anyone who defended the devs got similar treatment...especially me when I, admittedly to wind them up like the morons they are, kept abbreviating the series as DmC, not DMC on purpose (a tip, don't do that to DmC- I mean DMC fans ?). Lots of them deleted their comments.. but yeh, they were awful and that group has always stuck with me.

I'm sure that most DMC people are fine, and this was before 5 was announced, so I presume they were just bitter that 5 hadn't happened yet? Idk.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Toxic community and toxic game. Has so many bugs and the wait times make no sense. Shouldn’t take me 10 minutes as a killer to create a lobby just to have to wait longer for people to show.

Is the game that dead? I’ve tried at several different times in multiple days.

It's far from a dead game. It depends on country and region. I'm east coast U.S. and I can get into games as killer or survivor almost instantly during any part of the day

7 minutes ago, ClintonLS90 said:

It's far from a dead game. It depends on country and region. I'm east coast U.S. and I can get into games as killer or survivor almost instantly during any part of the day

Pretty sure region or even continent doesnt matter. I play with people from all over the world for some reason. You cant choose which region to play with unfortunately. Sometimes giving you a killer with shitty ping. People are always from all over the world when i check their profiles.

2 hours ago, ClintonLS90 said:

Hm. So i asked a friend who plays this regularly and she mentioned it has to do with rank matching as she can get into games much faster being higher rank.

I've rarely played so my rank resets frequently before I play again.

I'll have to rank up some and see if what she said makes a difference! :) 

47 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Hm. So i asked a friend who plays this regularly and she mentioned it has to do with rank matching as she can get into games much faster being higher rank.

I've rarely played so my rank resets frequently before I play again.

I'll have to rank up some and see if what she said makes a difference! :) 

Maybe ranks is what I meant. I play every season and am in the purple ranks on both sides right now. I get matches very quickly 

Edited by ClintonLS90
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2019 at 4:37 AM, Quink666 said:

Been playing for almost 2 weeks everyday now (Surv & Killer getting all teachables) and i have yet to get a "toxic" message. No idea what has happened to the DBD community. Only gotten a few sad smileys and GG's.

It's completely opposite in my case, I always send "gg and thanks for the offering" message everytime I got double BP offering, but never seen reply ?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...