Telltale Games closing down

Gwendly

With how many projects they had in active development simultaneously, their aging engine, and questionable management... this honestly doesn't surprise me one bit.

Still, this is sad as I genuinely enjoy these games for a lot more than the dog shit easy platinums that people have come to expect from their IPs.

To be honest I was already getting tired of the Telltale formula, but I gotta admit it's a shame they're closing down due to bankruptcy.

I feel like ever since their first Walking Dead game came out, none of their other games afterwards have reached the level of quality that game had and instead all games since just felt like milked products for the sake of making as many as they could (although I hear from some people that Tales from the Borderlands is pretty good, but I haven't played it myself), and seeing that apparently all their games after Walking Dead bombed comes as no surprise.

So yeah. R.I.P. and good luck to everyone who either lost their job working there or are still there but being pressured while finishing the final season of Walking Dead.

Edited by Crzy Minus

It is a shame. The game industry is always one of uncertainty. You can be king one year and barely hanging on the next. Was it the episodic content or maybe the cost. When I was younger I would buy lots of games at a time. But at $60 a pop for some that to me dont warrent that price I dont buy anymore. I think developers should make less and make the products better. This will increase demand and keep us from getting crap released. 

1 minute ago, aZombieDictator said:

Imagine being one of those people that go for 100% profiles having the walking dead final season on their list...

I'm curious if anything will happen to the trophy list and how refunds will work.

That's what Im saying. The game is most likey going to have an unobtainable platinum. Maybe people who bought the season pass is going to get thier money back.

1 minute ago, aZombieDictator said:

Imagine being one of those people that go for 100% profiles having the walking dead final season on their list...

I'm curious if anything will happen to the trophy list and how refunds will work.

You didn't actually read the article did you? They are going to finish the final season of the walking dead. 

• Like 1

Just now, rolltideroll157 said:

You didn't actually read the article did you? They are going to finish the final season of the walking dead. 

How can they finish it if they still need to do 4 more episodes and lost 80% of its employees and fileing for bankruptcy

1 minute ago, rolltideroll157 said:

The second one comes out Tuesday and there is only 4 total. So two are left and the people that are left are finishing the last 2 episodes

Oh right forgot it was monthly and there's not 5 but instead 4. However. 2 more episodes in just 2 more months? Idk, I really hope they pull through. Imo it's probably for the best.