Twisted Metal Servers Shutting Down - January 31, 2019

Nemesis_WM

2 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Just checked the US PSN and it still says October 25, 2018. HUH?

On the official website it says October 15th: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/ I wouldn't put it past them to not know how to tell the date, considering they think Killzone 2, Killzone 3, Eyepet, Eyepet & Friends, WipEout HD and WipEout 2048 were shut on PS4 and not on PS3/Vita. 

Edited by Sergen

12 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I think i will hold it off for Twisted Metal because that is just 10 days less and i'm not sure if i can no-life myself to do it for myself + boosting partner. While Modnation and Motorstorm got 3 stupid months or so. Contacting the support might be an option. :P

BTW congrats on the Twisted Metal plat, and also impressive completion time as well. @Sergen

If you have 3 PS3s and 6 controllers, you can do the online in around 20 hours, so you do have time, I'd only be worried if you had to boost with 2 other active people who want the trophies, because everyone has to go one at a time due to the stats being glitched. 

36 minutes ago, Conker said:

So 2 Ps3's with 2 controllers and a ps4 with 2 controllers and twisted metal of ps now is enough to make and start a lobby?

and do players get kicked for idling? 

You can't use 2 controllers with PS Now, on Twisted Metal you have to sign into a different PSN account with your 2nd controller and on PS Now you can only use 1 PSN account for it. Nobody gets kicked for idling, but I doubt you'd do a whole game mode's grind in one lobby because the randoms are incredibly determined to wait in people's lobbies and one of my bait lobbies had someone waiting in it for 8 hours straight when I wasn't starting the match. You'd need to re-host quite often and change your lobby name to avoid the same random trying to troll you. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

Just now, Sergen said:

If you have 3 PS3s and 6 controllers, you can do the online in around 20 hours, so you do have time, I'd only be worried if you had to boost with 2 other active people who want the trophies, because everyone has to go one at a time due to the stats being glitched. 

Actually me and him wanna do it i have 6 ps3s we were intending to lock the lobby so we can boost this all day non stop

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

You can't use 2 controllers with PS Now, on Twisted Metal you have to sign into a different PSN account with your 2nd controller and on PS Now you can only use 1 PSN account for it. Nobody gets kicked for idling, but I doubt you'd do the whole game in one lobby because the randoms are incredibly determined to wait in people's lobbies and one of my bait lobbies had someone waiting in it for 8 hours straight when I wasn't starting the match. You'd need to re-host quite often and change your lobby name to avoid the same random trying to troll you. 

So if I will lock the lobby with 2 x 3 PS3 with splitscreen on each (= total 12 players), the lobby will stay like this after finished match? No need to start it again after each match?

Thanks for info regarding idling! And of course congratz on your plat, perfect timing, great determination!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Actually me and him wanna do it i have 6 ps3s we were intending to lock the lobby so we can boost this all day non stop

It takes 14 controllers to lock the lobby in a team mode and 15 to lock it in free for all, if you don't have that then you're better off boosting it separately, just have @TazDevilz1986 host his own lobby with his PSN ID and host your own lobby with "TazDeviiz1986" with a capital i instead of the lowercase L in his ID, that'll confuse people enough to probably not interrupt you, as it worked for me with WaitingSimulator and WaitingSimuiator :D 

2 minutes ago, Smashero said:

So if I will lock the lobby with 2 x 3 PS3 with splitscreen on each (= total 12 players), the lobby will stay like this after finished match? No need to start it again after each match?

Thanks for info regarding idling! And of course congratz on your plat, perfect timing, great determination!

Your lobby stays the whole time, one random joining can just ruin it. I recommend using only the minimum amount of people required to start a match if you can't get a full lobby, because the bigger the lobby is without being full, the more likely a random would be to join it. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It takes 14 controllers to lock the lobby in a team mode and 15 to lock it in free for all, if you don't have that then you're better off boosting it separately, just have @TazDevilz1986 host his own lobby with his PSN ID and host your own lobby with "TazDeviiz1986" with a capital i instead of the lowercase L in his ID, that'll confuse people enough to probably not interrupt you, as it worked for me with WaitingSimulator and WaitingSimuiator :D 

We have enough controllers, and if we don't i will buy more it's not an issue, the issue is we will risk this now taking 10 days off from the original date is a lot 

1 minute ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

We have enough controllers, and if we don't i will buy more it's not an issue, the issue is we will risk this now taking 10 days off from the original date is a lot 

It's not controllers that are the issue, you can only add 2 PS3 controllers per console on Twisted Metal, I wish I could use more controllers, I have 14 controllers and if I could just use 4 controllers per PS3 it would be an easier setup than what I ended up doing. 

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

It's not controllers that are the issue, you can only add 2 PS3 controllers per console on Twisted Metal, I wish I could use more controllers, I have 14 controllers and if I could just use 4 controllers per PS3 it would be an easier setup than what I ended up doing. 

Yeah but i have 6 ps3s i will use 5 of them 5 x 2 = 10 and the rest is on Taz so we can be 16 i have the game on digital and physical twice 

I still "hope" that it could be UK's mistake.

Check German version, no info at all.

https://www.playstation.com/de-de/legal/gameservers/

Polish (of course) also:

https://www.playstation.com/pl-pl/legal/gameservers/

In both stores anyway there is still info about 25th.

UK PSStore shows 25th also... You think they would update it?...

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-NPEA00362_00-TWISTEDMETAL0100

Edited by Smashero

1 hour ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

UPDATE: bad news guys Sony shortened the shutdown date from 25th to 15th October, THIS IS PURE DICK MOVE BY SONY

if that was true that would be a pure asshole of a move, maybe you should call them and beg try to get them to give us a longer time for the 3 games closing, can't help to try ;) 

• Like 1

OK there's sth seriously broken with the dates. Other one - "Warhawk"

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-NPEA00017_00-GWARHAWK01000001

25/10/18

Warhawk: COMPLETE:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-NPEA00017_00-WARHAWKBUNDLEXXX

15/10/18...

Edited by Smashero

38 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

It can be a type error. I think they have forgotten the 2. So instead of 2 they typed 1. But you never know with these a**h*le*. They shut down everything. If that's true they should FIRE that person instantly.

And sent him/her and whole his/her family to Syberia!

Spoiler

Sarcasm mode off

Seriously Taz? :/ I know that "trophies=serious business", but that's a bit too much, do not you think Amigo? ;)...

Edited by Smashero

4 minutes ago, Smashero said:

And sent him/her and whole his/her family to Syberia!

Hide contents

Sarcasm mode off

Seriously Taz? :/ I know that "trophies=serious business", but that's a bit too much, do not you think Amigo? ;)...

If the person fucks up knowing what a date is when they look at it with their own eyes, what other mistakes do you think they'd be doing for the company? That's a very simple thing to not fuck up, they're just confusing people when they fuck up writing a date that is visible to them. Then there's the fact that they work for Sony and don't even know which console the games that were shutdown were even released on. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

If the person fucks up knowing what a date is when they look at it with their own eyes, what other mistakes do you think they'd be doing for the company? That's a very simple thing to not fuck up, they're just confusing people when they fuck up writing a date that is visible to them. Then there's the fact that they work for Sony and don't even know which console the games that were shutdown were even released on. 

That's for sure true, regarding this fuck up with the PS3/V games listed under PS4. However I have to state that ALL those Sony PR/Support workers have NO CLUE what they are actually doing. IMHO they shall know the issues with the games. servers, consoles even way much BETTER than us and if not, there has to be some delegates dedicate to specific subject. I contacted Sony support couple of times and I was always getting copy-paste prepared stupid nothing resolving items. Anyway... Almost all companies are doing that, using support lines is waste of time.

Regarding the mistake itself..."Nobody's perfect". Shit can happen, etc. Of course it is annoying, but... We all make mistakes ;).

Edited by Smashero

19 minutes ago, Smashero said:

That's for sure true, regarding this fuck up with the PS3/V games listed under PS4. However I have to state that ALL those Sony PR/Support workers have NO CLUE what they are actually doing. IMHO they shall know the issues with the games. servers, consoles even way much BETTER than us and if not, there has to be some delegates dedicate to specific subject. I contacted Sony support couple of times and I was always getting copy-paste prepared stupid nothing resolving items. Anyway... Almost all companies are doing that, using support lines is waste of time.

Regarding the mistake itself..."Nobody's perfect". Shit can happen, etc. Of course it is annoying, but... We all make mistakes ;).

I guess when they hire the kind of people who fucked up in school to write down server shutdown notices, they're gonna get a shit ton of mistakes. Either way, they might not get fired specifically for that but their job is disposable, they'll be replaced by another drone in the next few months who will keep making the same mistakes. It's probably not the same person making these mistakes, it'll be multiple minimum wage slaves who hate their job who don't even bother to proof read their work after they're done. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Yeah apologize. I just got frustrated. Because we all don't know what the official shut date is now and my plan went into the toilet because i was looking forward to do the game before October 25th and probably many of you as well.

And of course i would feel bad for the person if he/she loses that job. But you need to do your job correctly like Sergen said the games for the PS3 list such as KZ2, KZ3, Wipeout and so on are under the PS4 list of games that are shutdown. Even we can do that better than the person that edited that list.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1