Twisted Metal Boosting Guide

Empovyle

17 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Thanks for the guide.  

Quick question. Where are power missiles easily located? Basically did the Diesel map, and found the other 4 quickly, except this one.

In black rock stadium you can easily drive up to the highest point for a quick Power missile. They can be pretty obscure in some maps, like under breakable objects. 

• Like 1

"ProTip" - You can speed up "Last Man Standing mode": If your boosting team is 3 x 2 split-screen - right after starting the match 2 boosters shall quit the game via menu, then host shall kill his split-screen dude (just once) -> Win. Repeat x10 to pass this mode in ~25 mins.

Unfortunately that's the only mode it works like that - other ones ends with "Tie game":/.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Crimfatale said:

Where are the best spot for each missile?

ive found grind house the best for kills, power is in the left theater and  swarm behind the freeway ramp on the left, plus your boost mates are easy to find when  idles 

Edited by Brink-2-Chaos

OP, I love you. Thank you very much for the guide, it saved me. The game says I played for 13 hours, but that doesn't count the constant reconnecting after changing the clock. Anyway, this guide is awesome and well worth fully following. What I learned from my boost:

1. The game crashed 4 times on me, every time it was when I was shooting my special and I shot a rocket which supposed to kill the enemy.
2. Most of the horror stories about randoms trying to sabotage boosts might be true, but thanks to how many people have lobbies right now, it didn't happen to me, every random that joined me, left.
3. I tried to cheat the system and quit the match with the opposing team, while this did show me as winning, it didn't count the match at all.
4. I'm not sure it will be possible to finish a boost with 3 people since there is only 1 weekend left until the 15th and some things drag on forever. (I'm looking at you, nuke wins)

Good luck to all booster, let's hope they messed up the date and it actually closes on the 25th.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Letenko22 said:

4. I'm not sure it will be possible to finish a boost with 3 people since there is only 1 weekend left until the 15th and some things drag on forever. (I'm looking at you, nuke wins)

Since I boost most of the time with 3 people, I can confirm this. They will be able to get the kills though, they are pretty easy if you know how to abuse the killstreak awards.

Anyways the wins just needs to have alot of time put into it. If you use math and will be in the perfect scenario then:

20x ~2 min

10 x ~4 min

50x 10 min

and 10x 15-20 min

Total would be 13 hours, not counting Overlapping team game wins (3x10 min team games, if they counts as confirmed in this thread) and times between matches. AND times 3 since you have 3 players (so ~39 hours) + max 5 hours of Campaign (using glitch obv) in 1 week. It's alot just to do with 3 people, you must be a madman...

Luckily for me I am already pretty far as I mostly need wins... But if you new and starting I will highly discourage if you want to keep your sanity. 

1. The game crashed 4 times on me, every time it was when I was shooting my special and I shot a rocket which supposed to kill the enemy.

Can also semi- confirm that. Happened to me once, but it was due to the same conditions!

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Letenko22 said:

3. I tried to cheat the system and quit the match with the opposing team, while this did show me as winning, it didn't count the match at all.

It works, but only for Last Man Standing as I mentioned before. When the 2 other 2x2 players quit, kill your splitscreen - you will win the match and stats saves.

You can complete 10 wins on a map in 20 mins top.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, olivetheturtle said:

Could you go into any more detail about how to do this? Thanks!

The guide also sorta mentioned it check there for the exact method of ks+4 duping.

But spend you first tier 1 point on ks+3 and your first tier 2 point in ks+4. These will be really helpfull. ks 3 makes your bullets really hurt and make it generally easier and faster to kill and ks+4 dupes your missiles. with these 2 you have within no time 60+ kills per match.

KS+4 is additionally extra dandy due to how easy power missiles are farmed.

power missiles are really hard to earn the 100 kills in due to their respawn rate, ammount obtained per pickup(1) and ammount in levels (medium and small maps generally have 1, medium could be more). You will get if you are lucky 7 orso power kills per match which is low..

If you have ks+4 and use the dupe ks then you could easily earn max power missiles in inventory and have plausibly als 60+ power missile kills per match. This also works on the other missiles as well.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 0:12 AM, Empovyle said:

shoot everyone down to a sliver of their health (Don't kill too many)

That's not true, you MUST NOT kill anyone because i tried it and i killed just one and i let the others kill few more than me but the trophy did not pop then i tried again and i did not kill anyone and the trophy popped so please edit this otherwise you will confuse the people. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

That's not true, you MUST NOT kill anyone because i tried it and i killed just one and i let the others kill few more than me but the trophy did not pop then i tried again and i did not kill anyone and the trophy popped so please edit this otherwise you will confuse the people. 

Thanks. Fixed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dark said:

Yes. Just have a talon in the air ready to make your life easier. 

I would suggest using sweet tooths special "laughing ghost" when you have 3 available press L3 to change your target to the nuke.  Fire 3 ghosts and bam.  The trophy is yours.

Just now, BlackJudas77 said:

I would suggest using sweet tooths special "laughing ghost" when you have 3 available press L3 to change your target to the nuke.  Fire 3 ghosts and bam.  The trophy is yours.

Ah, that would’ve helped me actually. I didn’t have 2 screens free at the time so I had to do a quick hdmi swap and shoot it down.

I posted a damn long comment on the last forum from deathon (which apperently is up again...), but luckily I copied. I dont know if this is mentioned anywere, but I came across a usefull glitch to defeat the iron maiden. Decided to post it here so new players can see it too.

Play as sweet tooth and play like you normally would to get to the last phase.

Then go to the end of the bridge and have your back against the wall. If you are lucky (like me and probably also the guy who gave that tip) she will be stuck underneath the bridge. If that is the case you can just spam R2, sweet tooths special will go through the bridge and hit her while she could not do anything back. Try it!

Will take a time to kill her though, but you should have 2-3 minutes spare if it doesnt go as planned for gold.

Edited by Bumperklever

1 hour ago, BlackJudas77 said:

How can you control the nuke with one hand and the other you need to aim at the nuke, it's impossible !!! the maximum thing i can do is i will fire blindly at the nuke and i will have only like 2 seconds to fire at it so it will be like 1% chance to hit it.

I don't understand how can you self boost this trophy, it truly needs 2 real players doing things at the exact same time 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

How can you control the nuke with one hand and the other you need to aim at the nuke, it's impossible !!! the maximum thing i can do is i will fire blindly at the nuke and i will have only like 2 seconds to fire at it so it will be like 1% chance to hit it.

I don't understand how can you self boost this trophy, it truly needs 2 real players doing things at the exact same time 

Easy. Control the second controller with your feet ;)