How to get the "Jumped In" trophy after the servers shutdown

Dante_MS

10 minutes ago, Seamndel said:

is this flaggable? 

Also , does it work on GE edition as well?

It is one of the approved servers under 

List of Approved Software

Contact me (MMDE) via status update or private message on the forum for information you have regarding software you feel should be added to the approved list.

The following lists what software is approved to use at the moment:

• Like 2

@Seamndel That's the last thing Sony would ever care about. And the method has been used by probably hundreds of players over 3 years since the guide was posted, and nobody got banned. Private servers have been around for a while as well.

Also , does it work on GE edition as well?

I'm not sure what edition is that, but I don't see why it wouldn't if it's a PS3 version.

Edited by Dante_MS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi man, thanks for the topic! This trophy is the only one that kept me from trying to get the Platinum! But I`m facing some problems here, I don`t know why, but every time I try to connect to the internet, I get the same error "80710102". I`ve been trying to solve this but had no success. Have you any idea what may be causing this problem?  
Maybe it is caused in NextDNS? It keeps appearing a message to me stating that "This device is not using NextDNS."

Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i did all the steps and it got me past the error code. The problem I have is when i press upload character and it says "the connection to the community site timed out" the trophy does not pop up. is there something i did wrong? 

edit: after starting a new campaign and making a new character i went to upload my character and it gave me the achievement. thanks so much 

Edited by mxzhz
solved problem
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would really, really love to get this to work. I have tried 3 times with no luck. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  I did the following as the web page https://my.nextdns.io/start stated my router did not support IPv6 so I tried to do the IPv4 method.

1) Opened site "https://my.nextdns.io/start" and added rewrite for sr3.hydra.agoragames.com  (step 2.2 and 2.3)
2) Clicked on "Link IP" (step 3.2)
3) My PS3 is on same WIFI as my PC. So took DNS server IP address from "linked IP" area of the web page (45.90.28.44) and added this IP to PS3 network set up as primary DNS (step 4.2)
4) Launch saints row 3rd. Play opening. Create character. Click on "Character Gallery". A text box appears about the community. Accept that and you get a message that the saints row the third server is not available. 

I have tried this 3 times both with and with out logging with no luck. Always the same server is not available message which is the same as running the game before I started trying to do this work around. Any help really appreciated 

[My router is less than 2 years old but does NOT give you the ability to add your own manual exceptions to the DNS. I know some people recommend this as a different approach to the work around suggested in this thread. But I cannot use this alternative method] 

Edited by CargoRunner

• 2 weeks later...

@Dante_MS OMG it worked !!!! You are a genius! 

So I tried 3 times with the free trial NextDNS account and I couldn't get it to work on Saints Row 3. Nothing appeared in the NextDNS logs tab. Even though the PS3 was pointing to the NextDNS DNS server. 

Bought Saints Row 4 PS3 and decided to try that game instead. By this point my free NextDNS trial had expired. I created an account with NextDNS. The settings from my trial account were still present. The IP addresses were the same - so the PS3 was still pointing at the right DNS IP address. So I changed nothing and just tried Saints Row 4 and it worked first time. I got the trophy! I then popped the Saints Row 3 disk in and that worked first time too! So all the settings I used in the failed attempts were correct. Very confusing. So no idea why nothing worked on the 11th March and it does today. The only difference is trial account vs registered account.

But I just wanted to say a big thanks. Really appreciate the ability to get these platinums. 

Edited by CargoRunner
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Gwendly said:

How early in the game am I able to do this trophy? I own this and considering just getting it out of the way and go back to it at a later date....

You have to play the first mission, which unlocks the "Dead Presidents" trophy, and after you finish that you can customise your character. 

• Like 1

Bumping the thread,

Just wanted to echo what was posted before, thank you for making this guide. While the posted way did not work for me, the old guide work perfectly first time. Super happy to get the trophy as I work towards cleaning up my backlog.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2022 at 2:02 PM, GanjiMex said:

Can anyone make a video guide for this? This is one of the few trophies I have left to do before getting the Plat for this gane

to get the trophy u have to start a new character and then go to clothing store then upload your character 

• 4 weeks later...

Got the trophy just now, using the new method. Thanks! @Dante_MS

It seems daunting, but the instructions are clearly laid out and easy to follow. It only took a few minutes and this sort of thing isn't exactly my strong suit.

• Like 2

Just out of interest, have all the people doing this method tried just doing it the normal way first? I got this trophy a couple of years ago as one of my first ones, just by clicking 'upload character' when I saw it as an option. It was long after the servers had closed for it, and I got an error message, but the trophy still popped first try. Not sure why it worked for me but apparently not for others, but may be worth a try before going straight to the more complicated method.