Valkirye22

Anyone else "grinded" away from the Platinum?

153 posts in this topic

I've unsubbed to this post and won't be replying to or reading anymore posts. A mod should probably delete the posts as they have gotta way off topic here.

 

If you don't share the same view as the masses and see something for what it is, you get attacked for your views.

 

I want something new from games. I don't want to be doing the same things over and over again. Is that really so bad? Reading the comments I've gotten, the answer seems to be yes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Red Dead 2, Uncharted, Horizon, GOW and Spider-Man (aka cutscenes the game) are all the exact same thing. It's like the same game with a new skin or mod on it. Death Stranding will be the same. Except just like Metal Gear it won't make any sense.

 

So basically what you are saying is that all games are the same with different polygons. cool

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/17/2019 at 10:12 AM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

There’s plenty of actual “gameplay” to go around. I love the dialogue between characters. They’re rich with life, they’re relatable, and they’re interesting to listen to. Maybe you just have a short attention span and can’t bear sitting through dialogue sequences that are longer than usual. 

 

Has nothing to do with that. It's more that the games have to follow a checklist of things they have to comply with to make a shit ton of money over something that is wildly different and innovative.

 

Because let's face it. Video games have long since eclipsed the music, television and movie industries in terms of profits. Video games are more popular now than they ever were before. This also means there is a lot more crap you have to sift through to find the good stuff.

 

AAA games have to follow a standard because otherwise the publishers and the companies who make them may risk losing too much money. That's just how it is these days, and that's going to become even more prevalent when the PS5 generation comes here. There's high quality drama in AAA games, which is one of it's biggest strong points. But compared to the PS2 and PS3 generations, there aren't near as many genres that have been hitting it big. You mostly have open world games like Spider-Man, online only live service games like Anthem and Destiny 2, heavily online oriented games like Monster Hunter World, action RPGs like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and the occasional sports game like NBA 2K20. Profits overcome the creativity and talent needed to make a good IP, and I feel that is mostly lacking.

 

Not to try to spark ageism here, but I had the same foresight and opinions as you when I was 20 years old. Now over a decade later I think I'm finally going to come to the fact that gaming just doesn't impress me like it used to. Perhaps when you're older there will come a point where you will think a lot of the new AAA games coming out for the PlayStation 5 or the PlayStation 6 or whatever just don't deliver the same amount of satisfaction as they did years ago.

 

Maybe it's me getting older. I don't know. But what I do know is the PlayStation 5 had best deliver the goods, and I'll just be wasting my time if I bought it on release day. Just look at the difference of the PS4 now compared to what it was in November 2013 when it launched.

Edited by Spaz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me. 

Too many animals (I was already getting mad for few animals in MGSV TPP and Metal Gear Survive), I'm definitely not good in respecting missions challenges to earn gold medals, too time consuming the online part, nah. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 2:36 AM, Spaz said:

 

Has nothing to do with that. It's more that the games have to follow a checklist of things they have to comply with to make a shit ton of money over something that is wildly different and innovative.

 

Because let's face it. Video games have long since eclipsed the music, television and movie industries in terms of profits. Video games are more popular now than they ever were before. This also means there is a lot more crap you have to sift through to find the good stuff.

 

AAA games have to follow a standard because otherwise the publishers and the companies who make them may risk losing too much money. That's just how it is these days, and that's going to become even more prevalent when the PS5 generation comes here. There's high quality drama in AAA games, which is one of it's biggest strong points. But compared to the PS2 and PS3 generations, there aren't near as many genres that have been hitting it big. You mostly have open world games like Spider-Man, online only live service games like Anthem and Destiny 2, heavily online oriented games like Monster Hunter World, action RPGs like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and the occasional sports game like NBA 2K20. Profits overcome the creativity and talent needed to make a good IP, and I feel that is mostly lacking.

 

Not to try to spark ageism here, but I had the same foresight and opinions as you when I was 20 years old. Now over a decade later I think I'm finally going to come to the fact that gaming just doesn't impress me like it used to. Perhaps when you're older there will come a point where you will think a lot of the new AAA games coming out for the PlayStation 5 or the PlayStation 6 or whatever just don't deliver the same amount of satisfaction as they did years ago.

 

Maybe it's me getting older. I don't know. But what I do know is the PlayStation 5 had best deliver the goods, and I'll just be wasting my time if I bought it on release day. Just look at the difference of the PS4 now compared to what it was in November 2013 when it launched.

Well I can only feel sorry for you because there's no shortage of amazing games for me to play. Yeah sure there aren't as many completely original ideas anymore as most genres have been exhausted but that doesn't mean the games don't offer memorable experiences. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Well I can only feel sorry for you because there's no shortage of amazing games for me to play. Yeah sure there aren't as many completely original ideas anymore as most genres have been exhausted but that doesn't mean the games don't offer memorable experiences. 

 

Part of the problem is because video games cost so much to make, trying something that is wildly different is too much of a risk. Playing it safe is a better guarantee that a game will make huge amounts of money.

 

I also don't like every AAA game now having to have a Season Pass or having to cut up parts of the game so that you have to pay for it, and this especially goes for content that was initially intended to be in the base game.

 

The good news is we've gotten some stuff from Steam that is pretty decent. Some Diablo 3 esque dungeon crawlers that are time consuming but well worth the time spent. If you look hard enough you will find plenty of hidden gems. But because most people in general are too lazy to bother looking, they'll just settle with whatever Ubisoft or EA or Activision cranks out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spaz said:

 

Part of the problem is because video games cost so much to make, trying something that is wildly different is too much of a risk. Playing it safe is a better guarantee that a game will make huge amounts of money.

 

I also don't like every AAA game now having to have a Season Pass or having to cut up parts of the game so that you have to pay for it, and this especially goes for content that was initially intended to be in the base game.

 

The good news is we've gotten some stuff from Steam that is pretty decent. Some Diablo 3 esque dungeon crawlers that are time consuming but well worth the time spent. If you look hard enough you will find plenty of hidden gems. But because most people in general are too lazy to bother looking, they'll just settle with whatever Ubisoft or EA or Activision cranks out.

Oh please I the vast majority of the games I play aren't even from companies like Ubisoft or Activision. I'm pretty much exclusively a singleplayer gamer and most of their releases revolve around shady monetization which I detest. Just look at my trophy list and you'll see I generally steer clear of that kind of garbage. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got the damn platinum, the Gold Rush trophy is a snoozefest sprinkled with some frustration. We can't even watch the cutscenes for some entertainment because of the "finish the mission in x amount of times" objective. 😡 

 

Anyway the final stats for my platinum are as follows:

Singleplayer = 150 hours

Multiplayer = 62 hours

Total = 212 hours

 

This overtook GTA V as my most time consuming platinum which was 205 hours.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 0:36 PM, Mi2Lethal said:

Finally got the damn platinum, the Gold Rush trophy is a snoozefest sprinkled with some frustration. We can't even watch the cutscenes for some entertainment because of the "finish the mission in x amount of times" objective. 1f621.png 

 

Anyway the final stats for my platinum are as follows:

Singleplayer = 150 hours

Multiplayer = 62 hours

Total = 212 hours

 

This overtook GTA V as my most time consuming platinum which was 205 hours.

 

Congrats! I haven’t touched my PS4 in days now, I just can’t get my head into grinding this. I’ve put so much effort into this game with the single player grind and now I’m just burned out with it. It’s too boring and time consuming leveling up. Every day I tell myself to start but I just haven’t got the energy left. While it was a great game the amount of crap you have to do has made me really hate it now...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

 

Congrats! I haven’t touched my PS4 in days now, I just can’t get my head into grinding this. I’ve put so much effort into this game with the single player grind and now I’m just burned out with it. It’s too boring and time consuming leveling up. Every day I tell myself to start but I just haven’t got the energy left. While it was a great game the amount of crap you have to do has made me really hate it now...

I agree. The Multiplayer is the only non-enjoyable part of the game IMO. I spent the vast majority of my levels grinding out kills at Thieves Landing. Extremely boring but it's the most efficient way to level up and you don't have to deal with the toxicity of the online playerbase. Either that or you can be good at the game but I get the sense that most of us trophy hunters aren't distinguished at RDO haha.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

 

Congrats! I haven’t touched my PS4 in days now, I just can’t get my head into grinding this. I’ve put so much effort into this game with the single player grind and now I’m just burned out with it. It’s too boring and time consuming leveling up. Every day I tell myself to start but I just haven’t got the energy left. While it was a great game the amount of crap you have to do has made me really hate it now...

Thanks, I was in the exact same boat as you regarding the multiplayer grind which is why i stopped playing it for like 8 months and would only play during the xp events to decrease the playtime, during which i figured out what playstyles and strategies works and what doesn't.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grinded from rank 14 to 27, thankfully the gap between ranks doesn’t increase all that much. Can’t wait to be done with online.

 

I’ve been getting 5XP per kill all day, but I’ve seen quite recent videos of people getting 25XP (kill alone, no bonus). Does this change as you rank up, if yes at what rank(s)?

 

EDIT: I’ve now reached rank 39 and if anyone wonders, you’ll get 10XP from rank 29 and 15XP from 39

Edited by Bezenko
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2019 at 0:36 PM, Mi2Lethal said:

Finally got the damn platinum, the Gold Rush trophy is a snoozefest sprinkled with some frustration. We can't even watch the cutscenes for some entertainment because of the "finish the mission in x amount of times" objective. 😡 

 

Anyway the final stats for my platinum are as follows:

Singleplayer = 150 hours

Multiplayer = 62 hours

Total = 212 hours

 

This overtook GTA V as my most time consuming platinum which was 205 hours.

 

How in the world did you find a Western Moose? It's about to kill the platinum for me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mattfry94 said:

 

How in the world did you find a Western Moose? It's about to kill the platinum for me.

I even found one online just recently. At Owanjila Lake, right next to the position where the dam is. Even made pictures so I can prove it to my friend which I knew wouldn't believe me. But yes moose is very very rare in this game. In singleplayer I found a female one in the snowy mountains, just north east from lake Isabella. In Tall Trees I also met a female moose once. I also found a male one twice at the waterfall in the north east of the map, you know where the final gunslinger sidemission ended? That's the spot. It's above beaver hollow. When you're on top of the waterfall look down and sometimes there is a male moose standing there. You can easily investigate it and also shoot it with a sniper rifle. Then move down and skin it. (I could help to set a camp close by and save, and reload the savefile for so long until that moose finally shows up there)

Notice: it's not the waterfall at the very corner of the map close to that house of Charlotte the widow, this one is a bit to far away.
 

Hope this helps, dude. I played this game for surely over 500 hours by now and seen a moose for only maybe 6 or 7 times. Superduper rare animal.

Edited by Solid-Fisch
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mattfry94 said:

 

How in the world did you find a Western Moose? It's about to kill the platinum for me.

Honestly i can't remember, i got the animal related trophies months ago sorry.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 1:01 PM, mattfry94 said:

 

How in the world did you find a Western Moose? It's about to kill the platinum for me.

I know a reliable way to get the female moose is with this: 

 

As for the Bull Moose, good luck. Finding one of those is like finding a needle in a haystack. However, if I remember correctly, you only have to skin one or the other. So finding just the female moose will suffice. But yeah, their spawning is totally broken in this game. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I know a reliable way to get the female moose is with this: 

 

As for the Bull Moose, good luck. Finding one of those is like finding a needle in a haystack. However, if I remember correctly, you only have to skin one or the other. So finding just the female moose will suffice. But yeah, their spawning is totally broken in this game. 

 

See, I've had much better luck with the Western Bull Moose! I've found 4 but after all the hours of trying methods (even the one in the video) the female just won't spawn. 

 

But I'll try again! Thanks for the help anyways, it's greatly appreciated. I have 6 more animals to get... guess which is the 6th. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played RDR2 from the day it was released for about 2 solid months. By about January I needed 2 trophies for the plat. 100% and Gold Missions. 

 

I had to take a break, and so after about 6 months I played RDR2 yesterday! Wow! Now I can complete the 2 remaining trophies.

 

RDR2 is a slow burner. Trying to do the plat in a month or so will end up in RDR2 fatigue! 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eshaal said:

Played RDR2 from the day it was released for about 2 solid months. By about January I needed 2 trophies for the plat. 100% and Gold Missions. 

 

I had to take a break, and so after about 6 months I played RDR2 yesterday! Wow! Now I can complete the 2 remaining trophies.

 

RDR2 is a slow burner. Trying to do the plat in a month or so will end up in RDR2 fatigue! 

Doing it in a month is inhumane. I Platinumed RDR2 over the course of a half a year and by the end I still wanted to play it more but I'd done everything there was to do 😂.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that platinums should be more challenging than they mostly are nowadays, but they should also be enjoyable. I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly get enjoyment out of going for this platinum, which is a damn shame. At least I can enjoy the game on Xbox One X instead without the need to go for absolutely everything. 

That being said, more power to any of you that did actually enjoy the grind. And I sincerely applaud those who have gotten the plat or who are well on the way to it. Your endurance and masochism far surpasses my own, you deserve the accolade.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 6:07 PM, Stan Lee said:

I agree that platinums should be more challenging than they mostly are nowadays, but they should also be enjoyable. I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly get enjoyment out of going for this platinum, which is a damn shame. At least I can enjoy the game on Xbox One X instead without the need to go for absolutely everything. 

That being said, more power to any of you that did actually enjoy the grind. And I sincerely applaud those who have gotten the plat or who are well on the way to it. Your endurance and masochism far surpasses my own, you deserve the accolade.

And I applaud you for dedicating your profile to the late great Stan Lee.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

.

Edited by GonzoWARgasm
.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

.

?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.