Anyone else "grinded" away from the Platinum?

Valkirye22

It's a lovely game but when it comes to trophies and also when all of us are playing it so early so there is no 100% guide out for us, its a really pain in the ass with all those missables... I'm still going for platinum, but I'm not gonna rush it. It might take a couple of months or it might take a couple of years for me to get this platinum. Who knows?

• Like 4

Currently at 118/178 animals skinned and around 2 hours into the Epilogue. I'm wondering daily if I'm going for this platinum or not. I love the game but it's just too crazy what needs to be done. I'll probably grind out most things except for the gold rush that will be something for the future.

I still got Spyro the 13th of November which I'm really looking forward to and Persona 5 which is also a 100+ hours platinum :jaymon:

• Like 1

never planned to. too crazy. just going to do main story and whatever side stuff comes along that isnt too bad 

still on fence with Spyro, and kind of want Darksiders 3, and to start Yakuza. plus Smash will be out in a month, which I've lost interest in regardless, finishing red dead asap as more games will be out soon.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm not a serious trophy hunter so it isn't saying as much for me... but I knew from the moment I preordered the game that I would never even try to Platinum RDR2. I'm not even going to get Gold Medals for all the missions. The road to the Platinum in this game is way too tedious for me. That being said, I'm having a blast playing it. It's a great game. But I think the RDR2 Platinum is only for the real gluttons for punishment. That takes a level of commitment that I know I don't have.

Thats my exact thoughts. Going for those Gold medals is going to destroy my experience for myself. So I'm just enjoying the game for what it is

• Like 1

Maybe this is isn't the right game for you to do Platinum.

I would suggest to only Platinum the games you aloso like. Gaming is done for fun, not because it is a stupid chore. ?
In RDR1 I for example didn't do the poker games, becasue I don't like those. As for the feathers in assassins Creed2, I kinda liked that one. Just wandering around and visiting places. And that is also how I play this game, I like to explore the wild and discover nature and try to track/skin/study every animal to 100% completion. Also I like fishing, and finding new species.

Edited by NL_Sion
  • Like 2

I will be going for it purely because I find I enjoy the grind. I’ve put 100+ hours into it already with 130/178 animals skinned and I still enjoy playing every moment and doing all the hunting.

The gold medal missions will be the only thing I won’t enjoy probably but I’ll be doing that on a new game instead of replaying them. 

• Like 1

I got %50 percent of trophies already and that's without the multiplayer but the last 6 trophies are going to take me longer than the other 25+ combined.  I am about 60-80 hours in, in just one week so for now I need to step back and take a break because I am a little burnt out but I hope over the next year or two I can put a little time into red dead here and there to clean up the plat.  It all depends on weather or not I enjoy the multiplayer tho.  All my friends are on Xbox so I don't know if I can grind rank 50 without having friends to play with it could get boring.

• Like 1

I would have gone for 100% if there were no trophies anyway like i did for GTA IV before i downloaded the trophy patch (twice in fact) and i enjoyed every minute of red dead redemption multiplayer and GTA online so i doubt the platinum will be a chore for me. 

• Like 1