Easiest 70 Gold Medals

NaseemJohn

On 24-2-2019 at 4:56 PM, mgrantz said:

I spent several hours last night unsuccessfully trying for gold in A Short Walk in a Pretty Town.  The problem for me is always not finishing within the time limit of 4 minutes, 30 seconds.  The one time I did it within the time limit by rushing, I didn't get the 20 headshots.  I might give it another go today, before skipping it.  So I'm curious as to methods to quicken my time (aside from the obvious kill everyone quickly).

I skipped ASWIAPT as well because of the same reasons and multiple tries. It's nearly impossible (for me at least) to get all the requirements done in one solid run. Skipped that one and moved on with the story. One thing I do (from half way ch. 3 onward) is get full cores, manually save, check gold requirements, do the mission and reload if needed. For some missions it would be possible to do it via replay so I would not reload but if any requirements involves anything with health items, time/speed or accuracy I do a reload right away and try again. 

Currently in Chapter 4 but want to do all the challenges first so that's consuming most of my precious time. It's a drag and a pain to complete them all.........  

• Like 1

I had a bit of an issue getting the gold for the course of true love 2. No matter what I do I cand get the under 3 mins even tho I've clocked it at around 2 mins 30 seconds from start to finish skipping cutscenes it just won't read

Nevermind I forgot this game has issues with also doing stuff "to fast" aswell

Edited by Taliesin_2943

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Thank you so much for this guide! This is one of the only trophy I need for the platinum! :)<3 xx 

On 07/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, NaseemJohn said:

I wasnt aware that you could reload checkpoint on that one. Main reason I didn't bother with it is because there's a whole 5 minute part at the beginning where you're just riding around with rain falls so restarting that every time you failed would of been tedious whereas a small walk in town can be done in 3-4 minutes. With that method you just showed though I would recommend switching a small walk in town for archeology for beginners.

This was so hard for me I agreee OMG! xD 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hey all! 

This is the last trophy I need, and I am using the list in the OP to help me! 

Firstly, thank you very much for providing this list. Very useful! 

Secondly, while the list is subjective and dependent on player skill, I think the list is about 80% accurate. Some on the timed challenges are so tight there is literally no margin for error, and the head shot challenges can be crazy. I guess practice makes perfect. 

Thankfully I can exit the mission/view challenge status' - (press left on the D-PAD).

Onwards and upwards!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there everyone! 

I haven't read about the news on here, but please don't be mad at me if someone mentioned the recent changes in another thread. 

While I paid close attention to the developments of the new heist in GTA 5, I completely forgot that RDR2 was getting a patch today as well. 

I just found this piece of information :

Story Mode Improvements

• Replaying a Story Mode mission via the Pause Menu will now give you access to all currently owned weapons in the current story progression
  • Players in Story Mode can now fast travel away from their player camp to any unlocked Fast Travel location once the camp upgrade is purchased
  • While playing Story Mode and engaged in combat against enemies, the time needed for your horse to get back up after being revived or injured from a fall has been reduced

Source: https://www.gtabase.com/news/red-dead-redemption-2/title-updates/rdr2-title-update-1-15-patch-notes-red-dead-online-moonshiners

So if I understand these convenience changes correctly, starting another playthrough for the gold medals would now be obsolete. Could somebody probably confirm this? 

I'd wholeheartedly appreciate this. Another great aspect would have been to be able to complete the medal requirements in multiple runs of the mission, but keeping your equip is definitely a nice addition! 

Greetings from Germany :)

Edit: Hopefully this applies to your horse, inventory and player stats as well. 

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
  • Like 3

That would be awesome, I'm honestly slowly start to just accept i wont get the plat, because i still had 15 less, that way i might be able to do it easier. sure i cant then tell i did all or most over replay-wait i did most anyway over old replay. either way still have other sp-trophys to finish too that probably costs my nerves again and rank 50(Hope it's not swarmed by trophy hackers by now)

On 12/14/2019 at 3:14 AM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Hey there everyone! 

I haven't read about the news on here, but please don't be mad at me if someone mentioned the recent changes in another thread. 

While I paid close attention to the developments of the new heist in GTA 5, I completely forgot that RDR2 was getting a patch today as well. 

I just found this piece of information :

Story Mode Improvements

• Replaying a Story Mode mission via the Pause Menu will now give you access to all currently owned weapons in the current story progression
  • Players in Story Mode can now fast travel away from their player camp to any unlocked Fast Travel location once the camp upgrade is purchased
  • While playing Story Mode and engaged in combat against enemies, the time needed for your horse to get back up after being revived or injured from a fall has been reduced

Source: https://www.gtabase.com/news/red-dead-redemption-2/title-updates/rdr2-title-update-1-15-patch-notes-red-dead-online-moonshiners

So if I understand these convenience changes correctly, starting another playthrough for the gold medals would now be obsolete. Could somebody probably confirm this? 

I'd wholeheartedly appreciate this. Another great aspect would have been to be able to complete the medal requirements in multiple runs of the mission, but keeping your equip is definitely a nice addition! 

Greetings from Germany :)

Edit: Hopefully this applies to your horse, inventory and player stats as well. 

Thank you for noticing this.

It is also confirmed in the title update notes on Rockstar Games' website, under Gameplay Improvements category.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So to bump it all up. I'm now starting this grind and completed my first one gold :D 

Second mission (with the wolves) I got all my stuff. Golden Lancaster repeater/golden shotgun the whole deal even my white arabian horse. So they sure updated this hell of a trophy

Well since the 13th Dec 2019 update, Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego, and Icarus and Friends were a breeze! 

This trophy is not as hard now as it was thank to the ability in using story mode weapons earned. 

Still 20 odd to go! 

• Like 1

Evening all.

Anyone else having issues with Honor Among Thieves mission? Steal the vaccine undetected and complete the mission in under 5 mins? 

I must have done this mission 10 times, and each time I complete under 5 mins, and end up with silver. I didn't even skip the cut scenes.

Can anyone confirm when the timer for the mission starts? I assume once at the vantage point?

• 7 months later...

About to start going for this. Anyone have a rough estimate of how long it took to get this?

Think I have about 15-20 gold medals already with my first run through of the game. 

EDIT: It roughly takes 10-20 hours. So good luck! 

Edited by ROBOGEAR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the only trophy I have left in the game and I'm just worried about those headshot and no damage requirements...during the sharpshooter challenges, my headshots weren't registering properly on humans, so I had to resort to shooting alligators in the head for it to work 

• 2 years later...

Doing these now and I didn't see confirmation on it in here, but High and Low Finance definitely doesn't count since it's a special edition mission.  I checked my trophy percentage on the app and it didn't change from 60% once I did it.  It also doesn't show up as the save file title after doing it.

• 2 months later...