[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

On 16/10/2021 at 0:20 AM, LiiNawaf-29 said:

Hey guys.

So I have tried to make this work for almost 5 hours, and it worked for me.

I have downloaded two games:

Broforce - was for testing only

Red dead redemption 2 - this was my target

I started on PS5, and tried both methods but sadly no luck, I have tried to tweak my settings on both console and pc, yet nothing worked.

So I switched to my PS4, and here where everything started to go well for me. 

first I have tried to use method 1, and this method did not work, so I switched to method 2.

it worked perfectly on Broforce and it downloaded the game with 1.00 version, but when I tried it on rdr 2 it did not work at first, So I have tried to do one more step, and it actually worked.

you see when you want to do method 2, you have first to download the game you want then switch to method 2 proxy, so it may start to download the game with patch 1.00 or sometimes you don't even have to switch, you can go directly and use method 2 and it will work for some games like broforce.

anyway to make method 2 work with rdr 2,

first I connected normally to download the game, then as fast as I could when the notification of the game downloading started, I unplugged my ethernet cable, then went to settings and switched the connection to proxy with my PC's IP and port number 8081, then I connected again, you will notice that PlayStation sign in wont work, but you can restart your download and it will give you a fail, and here you should check your cmd and you'll find a link that you should download, after that you take the file you downloaded and put it in the data folder inside "psx-download-helper-nodejs-master". and restart your download again. it should start and progress bit by bit. notice that you will have to download each section of the game and put in the data folder, but no worries the cmd will give you the link each time.

TL:DR

Method 2 is used here.

steps to make you download 1.00 of any game:

1- Download the game with you normal connection (you should apply next step fast).

2- disconnect as fast as you can, preferably using ethernet cable.

3- switch to method 2 connection proxy.

4- start your download again, you will get a fail

5- check cmd in your PC, you should find a message "file not found locally" with a link.

6- use the link to download the file.

7- put the file you have downloaded inside folder data in folder "psx-download-helper-nodejs-master"

8- try to start your download on ps4, it should continue

9- rinse and repeat steps from 4 to 8, until download is completed 

Good luck People and have fun.

Does this help the ps5 not working too or just a PS4 fix? 

On 9.11.2021 at 9:59 PM, Looming_lawsuit said:

i know this is very late and i doubt anyone will reply but i cant open the file on my windows computer, is there a program i can download to allow me to open the file?

If you're using the first method then simply winRar will be enough to unpack the program, then run it like any other.

• 3 weeks later...

Im trying to downgrade Uncharted collection on PS5 but method 1 only installs v1.02.

When I try method 2 I start the download, pause it, connect to proxy and resumes. Then the cmd window gives me 10+ links and they are almost identical apart from a letter at the end. They all lead to 4gb files and when I put that in the data folder and resumes on PS5 it gives me multiple new links to a 4gb file again with no progress of the download. 

Any tips?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2022 at 8:46 PM, LukeTheGooner said:

well I got it to work but it just downloaded the game with the latest patch, tried it twice and neither worked

This thread's methods don't seem to work on PS5. Husky's Charles method may work (see Mad Max subforum), but I personally just download the games onto my PS4 (using method #1) and then transfer them to my PS5.

One way to do this is via external storage, but this will force-start game updates as soon as you plug the drive into a console - and this behavior happens independently of any "automatic update" settings. This is especially problematic if you have really good internet - if I don't switch from wired to wifi beforehand, the game is probably updated before I can even pause it. Another way is via LAN transfer, and this didn't force-start game updates when I've used it, but it's more effort than just swapping via external.

Also, for people having issues doing this on PS4 (method #1, at least), start by making sure you're not trying to launch PSX from the download folder - I'd move it to the desktop. The PSX folder must also be whitelisted on any antivirus software. Lastly, if you don't see a green checkmark in the PSX startup window, give it a few more tries (this worked for my friend).

Tips:

• Always test it by starting a download for a game you know the size of. For instance, I know Mercenary Kings v1.00 is a ~328 MB download, so if I see that, I know I'm all set. Likewise, if you encounter a connection error that pauses the download, repeat that process before resuming your primary download - sometimes it stops working and you'll need to restart PSX
  • The download speed is based primarily on your PC's connection, not your PS4's. I was averaging 2-4 MB/s with a wired PS4 and wireless PC, but when I switched that around, it spiked to the 25-30 MB/s range

22 minutes ago, hore said:

This thread's methods don't seem to work on PS5. Husky's Charles method may work (see Mad Max subforum),

I can confirm that both Method #2 (node.js) and Charles work on PS5 for PS4 games.

I haven't had the need to downgrade a native PS5 game yet.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, emanueldelrojo said:

Metodo 1 funciona! 12 de marzo del 2022. Platino de Defunct (juego bugeado en su última versión y abandonado por sus desarrolladores) Gracias!

Super, Amigo!!

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

On 02/03/2022 at 8:03 AM, HusKy said:

I can confirm that both Method #2 (node.js) and Charles work on PS5 for PS4 games.

I haven't had the need to downgrade a native PS5 game yet.

Tried Charles' method for Special Edition Skyrim (PS4) on the PS5 console. To add, I primarily use a Mac. Not sure how to strip the game back to 1.00, but managed to find a way of choosing a patch to download (1.09 via ORBIS database). Although this did not work, trophies are locked as they are classed as [M] (modded).

Method 2 gives me a link to an .xml file no .pkg file in the browser, unfortunately.

Method 1 fails to download past 38%.

At my wit's end...

Edited by Blasphemous_Bish

22 minutes ago, Blasphemous_Bish said:

Tried Charles' method for Special Edition Skyrim (PS4) on the PS5 console. To add, I primarily use a Mac. Not sure how to strip the game back to 1.00, but managed to find a way of choosing a patch to download (1.09 via ORBIS database). Although this did not work, trophies are locked as they are classed as [M] (modded).

Method 2 gives me a link to an .xml file no .pkg file in the browser, unfortunately.

Method 1 fails to download past 38%.

At my wit's end...

I personally only use method 2 and I can confirm that it works as expected since you have full control over what gets downloaded to your console.

Are you trying to downgrade back to v1.00 or v1.09?

Not sure what you mean by "Method 2 gives me a link to an .xml file" -- you would have to provide more info.

12 hours ago, HusKy said:

I personally only use method 2 and I can confirm that it works as expected since you have full control over what gets downloaded to your console.

Are you trying to downgrade back to v1.00 or v1.09?

Not sure what you mean by "Method 2 gives me a link to an .xml file" -- you would have to provide more info.

Downgrade to 1.00. Even though the connection was a success (on terminal) it would not give a .pkg link when I tried to download AFTER I set up the node.js proxy. However, someone posted I should download BEFORE connecting to the proxy using my standard connection. This gave me LOTS of duplicates below, except the serverIPaddress &r= (at the very end) had a different digit.

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/appkgo/prod/CUSA05486_00/2/f_5b0f0c80133c330fe5ee164bbf44ccaabdf6ff6f582fb2b2758ec26e7b67f419/f/EP1003-CUSA05486_00-SKYRIMHDFULLGAME_0.pkg?&product=0287&serverIpAddr=192.168.0.13&r=00000020

This is the EU version but I'm guessing the _00 after it is the patch 1.00. I'll download it and see what happens. It's very late here and I've been at this all day, ugh. Nope, this is the original game file and comes in 8 pieces total for EU.

EDIT: @HusKy can you detail please the steps you take when doing method 2 (Node.js)? I want to compare for any discrepancies. Main issue seems to be that when I set up the proxy and try to download Skyrim is says "cannot connect to server", which is the expected fail message. But all I get in the terminal is: http://ena.net.playstation.net/netstart/icst.

2ND EDIT: I've come to the realisation that you cannot find a 1.00 version of a PS4 game on the PS5 as it automatically downloads the latest patch instead of 1.00 then 1.01 etc. it immediately jumps to 1.23 e.g. However, you can downgrade a PS4 game on a PS5 but this is solely reliant on ORBIS patches having it and then Charles having a trial period of 30 days. In my case, 1.09 still locks trophies when using mods in Skyrim which means god mode playthrough is out of reach. 

3RD EDIT (FINAL): I used method 2 terminal to find a link to the original game file (such as the one above). I then used a method, thanks to MODDED WARFARE, using JDownloader 2 to download the rest of the game. I placed all 8 pieces of the game file (30.something GB) into the method 2 data folder (in the downloads section) and tried to force my PS5 to just download the game itself. Unfortunately, it hits me with "Cannot connect to server" even though, in my network settings, I am fully connected with no issues. Again, I am pretty confident that if you want a 1.00 PS4 digital game you cannot do this on your PS5 unless ORBITS has this in their databases (which they most likely will not) or you do it on a PS4 and transfer the game via USB/maybe the cloud?. @HusKy I am in need of some solutions to this problem. I know that you have tested downgrading patches on the PS5 but I don't think you have tried out 1.00 digital games on the PS5. Please let me know ASAP as this has been so demoralising. 

@Blasphemous_Bish

Just to make this clear, I don't downgrade games very often. Last time I did this was almost exactly a year ago.

I used method 2 to "downgrade" a PS4 game to v1.00 on PS5. One thing to keep in mind, there is no such thing as "v1.00 patch". ORBIS only collects patches, therefore you won't find v1.00 on their website.

To my understanding, each download consists of:

• base game @ v1.00 (appkgo)
  • patch (if available) @ vX.YZ (ppkgo)

The download tool intercepts HTTP calls to appkgo and ppkgo and displays URL of the package which is currently being downloaded. You just copy the URL, open it in your browser and download the corresponding package file (.pkg extension) in the "data" folder.

Since you don't want to download any patches, you would not provide any ppkgo files, that's it.

Edited by HusKy

48 minutes ago, HusKy said:

@Blasphemous_Bish

Just to make this clear, I don't downgrade games very often. Last time I did this was almost exactly a year ago.

I used method 2 to "downgrade" a PS4 game to v1.00 on PS5. One thing to keep in mind, there is no such thing as "v1.00 patch". ORBIS only collects patches, therefore you won't find v1.00 on their website.

To my understanding, each download consists of:

• base game @ v1.00 (appkgo)
  • patch (if available) @ vX.YZ (ppkgo)

The download tool intercepts HTTP calls to appkgo and ppkgo and displays URL of the package which is currently being downloaded. You just copy the URL, open it in your browser and download the corresponding package file (.pkg extension) in the "data" folder.

Since you don't want to download any patches, you would not provide any ppkgo files, that's it.

So do you think my attempt for downloading the base game (1.00) in its 8 segments (this is because it's over 30GB, and a single .pkg holds 4.29GB), placing them in the data folder, and resuming the download would work? Hearing you say that you got a 1.00 of a PS4 on PS5 is immensely reassuring!

I just don't understand why, after choosing my Wi-Fi network > yes to proxy > IP address of Mac running proxy > port 8081 = "can't connect to server" (on PS5) and a PS5 link to a website saying "success" and an .xml file - no appkgo or ppkgo

But if I already started the download on a normal/no-proxy network, then do the above, I get the 1.22 Skyrim ppkgo patch link and base game appkgo link (again, lots of these due to it exceeded the 4.29GB limit)... 

Could you describe how you got the 1.00 PS4 game on your PS5 using, I assume, method 2 and Charles? Cheers!

Hello guys, here is a super confused user looking for help.
I would like to describe my situation the best way possible.
So, I came from here:

Which sent me here.

First of all much respect and admiration for Husky and dakk55 who put all the effort into these solutions.
The only problem is that I'm a complete idiot when it comes to technical stuff...
i recently bought (digital US) Marvel's Avengers and decided to go for the hardest trophy in the game. Apparently "investing in the future" is currently unattainable and the only way to obtain it, from the PS4 version, is by downgrading the game to V 1.03.
Now, after reading again and again and again I m not even sure where to start.
Mainly because its a combination between 3 guides; One for mad max, another for how to download the update method and another for the digital version....
I'm just wondering if there's a video for dumb-asses like me who are not very good with technical stuff?
I've tried for several hours now and I'm not sure where the problem could be.
My best guess is that maybe the V1.03 is along with the j.son is in the wrong place (?)
I suppose this still works today right, especially for a game that is very popular (?)
Guys, any advice, any suggestion would be very very appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I used the second method and got stucked with the links. I only got three different appgko links and at a certain point only new ppkgo links. So the download didn't go further because I have no more new appgko links. Any ideas?

edit: I started the download with proxy and it worked now :)

Edited by john_cena1993
  • Like 1

If anyone can detail how to downgrade a PS4 game to 1.00 on a PS5, that'd be great. I've got 2 games riding on this... (P.S - Using Mac)

Personally, I think there is something wrong with the network that I set up. I have followed the steps, even used both Ethernet and WiFi with the proxy, and the only way I can get the appkgo and ppkgo links to show is when I already had the game downloading using a network w/o proxy. Regardless, I download the appkgo .pkg file and store it inside the data folder, resume download (using proxy server) and it will always fail to connect to server

The only option is to use a PC since the only person who has confirmed it works on a PS5 is Husky and they used a PC not a Mac.