[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

On 9/8/2022 at 11:55 AM, gabrzzz said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to share another method that doesn't need installing any program.
(I didn't discover this, credits goes to who shared it: qLucas, Jats Tube. And who discovered it: Cronus).

The PS4 requires you to have the double of a game's size available in order to download it.

1. Your PS4 needs to be running out of storage space for the game you want the 1.00 version.
2. Start downloading any games to make your storage full. You can pause them after they start downloading. (When it shows how much time left to finish)
3. When you run out of storage space, start downloading the game you want the 1.00 version.
4. The error of not having enough storage should occur.
5. Go to Settings -> Network -> Disable internet in the console.
6. With the internet off resume the download.
7. The message "Preparing to download... (1%)" will appear.
8. You can now delete the paused games you started downloading to make your storage full.
9. Go back to Settings -> Network -> Enable the internet again.
10. The game will automatically re-download on version 1.00.

Example:

MfVItCI.png

i cant get this to work on warframe, nor can i get the proxy to work anymore (its always been wonky for me anyways)

it says warframe is only 4gb in the store. after following the instructions it says the file size is 40 gigs. and im doing it on my spare original ps4 so the download is going to take forever. 

i think it might just be a issue with warframe though since it has 30 updates

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

i cant get this to work on warframe, nor can i get the proxy to work anymore (its always been wonky for me anyways)

it says warframe is only 4gb in the store. after following the instructions it says the file size is 40 gigs. and im doing it on my spare original ps4 so the download is going to take forever. 

i think it might just be a issue with warframe though since it has 30 updates

It's pointless to downgrade Warframe, because it is an online only game and unplayable without the latest patch installed since it won't connect to the servers.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 6:25 AM, HuntingFever said:

It's pointless to downgrade Warframe, because it is an online only game and unplayable without the latest patch installed since it won't connect to the servers.

yah i noticed that afterwards it wont let you play offline at all. but i keep forgetting when i use the proxy i need to have my system set as primary or it wont connect.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Use the one posted a few pages back :)

Tried this one too and didn't work

I then tried to re-do method 1, had to close the program several times to complete the download. Probably misread something if that was explained

Edited by MichMasteR

2 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

Tried this one too and didn't work

I then tried to re-do method 1, had to close the program several times to complete the download. Probably misread something if that was explained

That's odd, I use the 'fill HD' method and have no probs.  What game are you trying to downgrade?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

That's odd, I use the 'fill HD' method and have no probs.  What game are you trying to downgrade?

Same here, but it didn't work the first time I tried. I found I'd tripped up on one of the steps, but sadly, I can't remember which it was; I suspect I didn't turn off the internet.. It's pretty obvious,I suppose, but you must follow the method exactly as written.

Hello, I would like to ask if is there a way to use this for a game I play right now. Currently, the game has a 2.00 update and the next update will make the plat longer, so I would like to know if there is a way to somehow save this current update, so that I could go back to it anytime I want. Maybe someone more knowledgeable has tried this and can help me out.

34 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Hello, I would like to ask if is there a way to use this for a game I play right now. Currently, the game has a 2.00 update and the next update will make the plat longer, so I would like to know if there is a way to somehow save this current update, so that I could go back to it anytime I want. Maybe someone more knowledgeable has tried this and can help me out.

Which game?

There's another thread that requires Charles Proxy, but will allow you to revert to any 'known' patch.

EDIT - There's this one that explains how to specifically do it for FFXV Comrades, but it can be adjusted to work for any game

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

Turn internet off in the console menu, start game, turn internet back on when the game is running. This should bypass the availability checks if the game has new update, when you start the game.

Or download the game with the current patch level onto multiple external harddrives.

Also keep in mind that consoles try to download the new patch everytime you connect an external harddrive, start the game with an older patch and so on.

Just be aware that you could (constantly) have to pause or delete patch downloads for this game.

Or fill the harddrive where the game is stored to it's maximum, so that no storage space is available for patch downloads.

No freezing of specific patch levels of a game or downgrading of patch levels possible.

You could also use Charles Proxy and reroute the download of the newer patches to the old patch level you desire, like @Dark_Overlordmentioned. But this would require that your console uses your computer as a proxy as long as you need to play the game on an older patch level. Reason: If your console is connected normally to the internet and you start the game on an older patch level = Patch download begins.

Sorry that this is nothing which is described easily.

Edited by Geridian
Text
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GH200190 said:

Does this work to get a previous patch in stranded deep, its currently on 1.14 and i need 1.13

You would need to downgrade to v1.0 first using one of the methods in this thread.

Then you would need to follow one of these guides to get to the patch you want, obviously subbing in Stranded Deep instead of the example game:

https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/how-to-upgrade-any-ps4-game-to-a-specific-version/ (More generic rewrite of Husky's original guide)

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/64971-fixed-in-v106-guide-getting-platinum-after-the-v105-fiasco/#comment-1665101 ( @HusKy's original guide, specific to Mad Max disc version but still useful)

Patch archive is at: https://orbispatches.com/

• Like 2

On 08/09/2022 at 17:55, gabrzzz said:

Bonjour à tous, je voulais partager une autre méthode qui ne nécessite l'installation d'aucun programme.
(Je ne l'ai pas découvert, les crédits reviennent à qui l'a partagé : qLucas, Jats Tube. Et qui l'a découvert : Cronus).

La PS4 nécessite que vous disposiez du double de la taille d'un jeu pour pouvoir le télécharger.

1. Votre PS4 doit manquer d'espace de stockage pour le jeu dont vous voulez la version 1.00.
2. Commencez à télécharger des jeux pour remplir votre espace de stockage. Vous pouvez les mettre en pause après le début du téléchargement. (Quand il montre combien de temps il reste pour terminer)
3. Lorsque vous manquez d'espace de stockage, commencez à télécharger le jeu que vous voulez la version 1.00.
4. L'erreur de ne pas avoir assez de stockage devrait se produire.
5. Allez dans Paramètres -> Réseau -> Désactiver Internet dans la console.
6. Internet coupé, reprenez le téléchargement.
7. Le message "Préparation du téléchargement... (1%)" apparaîtra.
8. Vous pouvez maintenant supprimer les jeux en pause que vous avez commencé à télécharger pour remplir votre espace de stockage.
9. Retournez dans Paramètres -> Réseau -> Activez à nouveau Internet.
10. Le jeu sera automatiquement téléchargé à nouveau sur la version 1.00.

Exemple:

MfVItCI.png

Doesn't work for me, i try with Tales from borderlands because the 2.0V cut the trophy, but with this method, when i re active internet, download in 2.0... 

I try the proxy method and don't work... So, just fuck this game lol

5 hours ago, Happyrinx42 said:

Doesn't work for me, i try with Tales from borderlands because the 2.0V cut the trophy, but with this method, when i re active internet, download in 2.0... 

Although it isn't mentioned, there is a time limit between when you have to reconnect the internet.  I noticed this the first time I did it after I screwed it up.

5 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Bien que cela ne soit pas mentionné, il existe un délai entre le moment où vous devez vous reconnecter à Internet. Je l'ai remarqué la première fois que je l'ai fait après l'avoir foiré.

It's OK, my problem with Proxy method was the firewall, just put off for the manipulation and reactivate! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8.09.2022 at 5:55 PM, gabrzzz said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to share another method that doesn't need installing any program.
(I didn't discover this, credits goes to who shared it: qLucas, Jats Tube. And who discovered it: Cronus).

The PS4 requires you to have the double of a game's size available in order to download it.

1. Your PS4 needs to be running out of storage space for the game you want the 1.00 version.
2. Start downloading any games to make your storage full. You can pause them after they start downloading. (When it shows how much time left to finish)
3. When you run out of storage space, start downloading the game you want the 1.00 version.
4. The error of not having enough storage should occur.
5. Go to Settings -> Network -> Disable internet in the console.
6. With the internet off resume the download.
7. The message "Preparing to download... (1%)" will appear.
8. You can now delete the paused games you started downloading to make your storage full.
9. Go back to Settings -> Network -> Enable the internet again.
10. The game will automatically re-download on version 1.00.

Example:

MfVItCI.png

Don't really know why, but this method is really finnicky, I was trying to fill my drive, 33GB still free, I install Hello Neighbor (says 2GB required) and then it gives me the "not enough storage space", so I suppose I can't trust those size storage informations at all.

EDIT: Giving up with this method, I can only install like 100-200MB games in attempts to fill my storage and everything 1GB and above gives me instant error, despite me having almost 30 times the storage required.

Edited by Varhur
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Varhur said:

Don't really know why, but this method is really finnicky, I was trying to fill my drive, 33GB still free, I install Hello Neighbor (says 2GB required) and then it gives me the "not enough storage space", so I suppose I can't trust those size storage informations at all.

EDIT: Giving up with this method, I can only install like 100-200MB games in attempts to fill my storage and everything 1GB and above gives me instant error, despite me having almost 30 times the storage required.

I think you got caught out by the same thing I did yesterday while trying to install a 3GB update. The drive may show that there is sufficient free space, but this is only showing what is free from games that are actually installed.

The "Downloader" reserves space for a download, therefore, actual Free Space equals HDD size minus installed games (33GB  in your case) minus pending downloads (including failed ones) . So if you are trying to download games totalling greater then 33GB they will fail. This is what this method relies on to work. You don't actually need to download the games, just have enough pending to stop your required v1 game downloading.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to everybody here that left different types of guides to solve different types of problems! I was able to get the platinum trophy for Conan Exiles since the latest patch made it basically impossible, it was quite a lot of troubleshooting and work but I managed to download the 1.00 version of the game which is about 38gb

On 18/3/2023 at 4:55 AM, Varhur said:

On 2/3/2023 at 4:11 PM, Happyrinx42 said:

You won't have to do that anymore for Granblue Fantasy: Versus. The game has been updated, and it no longer requires DLCs for platinum.

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to download the first version of Conan Exile with the first method but it keeps downloading the newest version. Could I be doing something wrong or is there something I am missing?

Edit: I managed to get it to work. What I did was connect to the proxy via ps4 wifi and once the download started and saw it on PSX I paused download. I copied the links for the v00 files and downloaded them to my computer, and then had to look out for download. Every time it fails, close PSX and and re open before retrying the download of the game

Edited by redfier0311

• 2 weeks later...

Is the program method working normally?

I'm trying to downgrade 2 games but everytime I get the last version installed.

It's not the first time I'm using the program, and it worked like a charm the last time I used it. But now it's just not working like it should for me :S

9 hours ago, tranquilu said:

Is the program method working normally?

I'm trying to downgrade 2 games but everytime I get the last version installed.

It's not the first time I'm using the program, and it worked like a charm the last time I used it. But now it's just not working like it should for me :S

The program is very hit and miss.  I used to use it, but the filling your hard drive method posted a few pages back has worked every time, so I just stick with that :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...