[Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

Mako

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2022 at 4:55 PM, gabrzzz said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to share another method that doesn't need installing any program.
(I didn't discover this, credits goes to who shared it: qLucas, Jats Tube. And who discovered it: Cronus).

The PS4 requires you to have the double of a game's size available in order to download it.

1. Your PS4 needs to be running out of storage space for the game you want the 1.00 version.
2. Start downloading any games to make your storage full. You can pause them after they start downloading. (When it shows how much time left to finish)
3. When you run out of storage space, start downloading the game you want the 1.00 version.
4. The error of not having enough storage should occur.
5. Go to Settings -> Network -> Disable internet in the console.
6. With the internet off resume the download.
7. The message "Preparing to download... (1%)" will appear.
8. You can now delete the paused games you started downloading to make your storage full.
9. Go back to Settings -> Network -> Enable the internet again.
10. The game will automatically re-download on version 1.00.

Example:

MfVItCI.png

That was a really good explanation, even for us non-tech minded dummies. Thanks very much!

Edited by whittle181

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, SamusAran388 said:

Is there any way to downgrade patches for PS5 right now? I want to 100% Final Fantasy 15 but with the multiplayer DLC being gone with the latest patch sucks ass.

Did you check the game's forums? Usually the last activity is always in the thread that explains how to get the Comrades trophies post update. It should give you information on the PS5 mode as well, because IIRC last time I checked the downgrade method works for PS4 games you run on the PS5 too.

1 hour ago, AttilaThe13th said:

Did you check the game's forums? Usually the last activity is always in the thread that explains how to get the Comrades trophies post update. It should give you information on the PS5 mode as well, because IIRC last time I checked the downgrade method works for PS4 games you run on the PS5 too.

Well not in the FF15 forum but in the patch downgrade forum (don't remember if it was here or playstationtrophies) but they said that no, there is no patch downgrading possible on a PS5 because it works differently than the PS4 etc. But will try and get an answer for PS4 games played on a PS5. Thanks.

2 hours ago, SamusAran388 said:

Well not in the FF15 forum but in the patch downgrade forum (don't remember if it was here or playstationtrophies) but they said that no, there is no patch downgrading possible on a PS5 because it works differently than the PS4 etc. But will try and get an answer for PS4 games played on a PS5. Thanks.

There's a second way of downgrading games by filling up the console's storage before attempting to download an update. Not sure if that works on PS5 though

3 hours ago, meterano7 said:

I'd be curious how that works exactly

Exactly how it sounds :)

Fill up your hard drive to the point where the game you want version 1.00 of can't fit, press to download it and you'll get an error about 'not enough space', disconnect the internet then delete something (or multiple items) to make space for it  click resume on the download for the game you want and quickly reconnect back to the PSN.  It should then just download version 1.00 :)

P.S You can just add games to the download list and pause them (it reserves the space for games) to fill up the hard drive too :)

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Exactly how it sounds :)

Fill up your hard drive to the point where the game you want version 1.00 of can't fit, press to download it and you'll get an error about 'not enough space', disconnect the internet then delete something (or multiple items) to make space for it  click resume on the download for the game you want and quickly reconnect back to the PSN.  It should then just download version 1.00 :)

P.S You can just add games to the download list and pause them (it reserves the space for games) to fill up the hard drive too :)

Thank you!

• Like 1

This is actually a good guide for downgrading Plague Inc. Evolved to get both :gold: Disease Master and :gold: Scenario Master trophies much easier than the current patches (the former because of Shadow Plague and the latter because you now require to complete 26 scenarios on three stars (including the infamous luck-based Mad Cow Disease) instead of 20). Thanks!

Edited by the-forgotten-ro

• 3 weeks later...

i just found a positive glitch in method1. first i must say that 1st time ever i downloaded a 1.00 game was using this method but soon i realized it works only for games until 9-10gb, then download fails. so i switched to method2 on mac, worked flawlessly (a couple of years ago). today i had to download UC collection and ive got NW-31468-2 error after setup proxy. tried also on windows, and enabled DMZ. nothing to do! so i tried again method1, as i thought that if method2 broke, then maybe method1 got "fixed". after 9,9gb the download puntually failed. so i switched to standard wi-fi config and was going to try the new method involving filling ps4 drive to full, but before, i simply tried to resume the download and... it continued to download 1.00! checked after download completed, still 1.00. started it to see if the patch download starts, and it started! stopped it, and i can confirm this method works. however i bet in the past i tried to resume the download too but it dont worked. so dunno why this time "glitched" 🙂

EDIT: i think i know why it worked this time. UC collection is 3gb "base" download + 39gb remaining part. so i think if the "base" download is under the above mentioned 9-10gb and u manage to complete it, then u have 1.00 version, and remaining part can be downloaded normally without proxy

EDIT2: resuming everything, method1 works for games with BASE (and not entire) download under 9-10gb

Edited by XpanderFX

On 12/19/2023 at 7:17 PM, SamusAran388 said:

No, that's completely wrong. I did the downgrade thing on my PS5 with a digital version of FFXV Royal Edition and it went fine. 

10 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

No, that's completely wrong. I did the downgrade thing on my PS5 with a digital version of FFXV Royal Edition and it went fine. 

From my experience on PS5:

• you can downgrade a game by replacing current patch with older patch -- e.g. using Charles proxy to redirect request
    • so basically anything above v1.00 works
    • this is also used for FFXV
  • you can't downgrade to v1.00 by blocking a patch -- which is what this thread describes

26 minutes ago, HusKy said:

From my experience on PS5:

• you can downgrade a game by replacing current patch with older patch -- e.g. using Charles proxy to redirect request
    • so basically anything above v1.00 works
    • this is also used for FFXV
  • you can't downgrade to v1.00 by blocking a patch -- which is what this thread describes

Ah, that makes sense. Seeing as Comrades isn't even on 1.00, it doesn't matter in regards to FFXV. But that's good to know for future reference. 

• 3 months later...

@ThatMuttGuycould you, please, create some short guide with an example on how to do it?

I'm trying to test it on Hello Neighbor 2 game (PS5 edition) and struggle to do so as it is trying to download UP0097-PPSA07425_00-2395303223172491_0.pkg and UP0097-PPSA07425_00-2395303223172491_1.pkg files which supposed to be 1.06 patch/version.

The first question is how/where to find the previous patches/versions? And the second is how to properly redirect (it is something I could try to settle by my own, while your help is much appreciated).

17 minutes ago, alexkuzko said:

@ThatMuttGuycould you, please, create some short guide with an example on how to do it?

I'm trying to test it on Hello Neighbor 2 game (PS5 edition) and struggle to do so as it is trying to download UP0097-PPSA07425_00-2395303223172491_0.pkg and UP0097-PPSA07425_00-2395303223172491_1.pkg files which supposed to be 1.06 patch/version.

The first question is how/where to find the previous patches/versions? And the second is how to properly redirect (it is something I could try to settle by my own, while your help is much appreciated).

It does not work on PS5 games.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, alexkuzko said:

Is it because the game files being rotated/deleted? I would like to give it a try to replace/redirect to the previous version but cannot find these previous packages (yet).

It's because the PS5 handles patches and game installs very differently compared to the PS4 so there's currently no way at all to either downgrade digital PS5 games or pick and choose which update you download.