Bug Control Glitch?

TheJadedJay

Is this trophy glitched for anyone, or does it require special conditions?

I went back to this level after 100% completing it to get this trophy... I spent 6 hours trying to get it because of having to wait for the Dracklets to re-spawn. I even thought I got it once but it didn't pop so I figured I might of refreshed the flight meter.
I just finally did it, all Dracklets in one super flight. They had all re-spawned. I didn't have a current super flight meter... I got all 18 in one go and it didn't pop.

Is this because one always re-spawns at the start? Is there some way to avoid that? (I did re-kill it in the one flight)
Or do I have to do it first try upon entering the level? Meaning I have to back out of the level and go back in every time I fail?
Or did I have to do it first time overall before 100% the level?

Because I struggle with the inverted flight controls badly... obviously after 6 hours trying, no need to tell me I suck... And sometimes I bump off Dracklets that seem to keep their hit-boxes after being flamed... So I really don't want to have to exit the level to retry every time...

Edited by TheJadedJay
Added more

40 minutes ago, TheJadedJay said:

Is this trophy glitched for anyone, or does it require special conditions?

I went back to this level after 100% completing it to get this trophy... I spent 6 hours trying to get it because of having to wait for the Dracklets to re-spawn. I even thought I got it once but it didn't pop so I figured I might of refreshed the flight meter.
I just finally did it, all Dracklets in one super flight. They had all re-spawned. I didn't have a current super flight meter... I got all 18 in one go and it didn't pop.

Is this because one always re-spawns at the start? Is there some way to avoid that? (I did re-kill it in the one flight)
Or do I have to do it first try upon entering the level? Meaning I have to back out of the level and go back in every time I fail?
Or did I have to do it first time overall before 100% the level?

Because I struggle with the inverted flight controls badly... obviously after 6 hours trying, no need to tell me I suck... And sometimes I bump off Dracklets that seem to keep their hit-boxes after being flamed... So I really don't want to have to exit the level to retry every time...

Most definitely.....How I did it:

Don't touch floor

Don't touch wall

Fly through the supercharger gate again at the end and hit the last guy, if you missed any just continue on killing till you reach 18 as long as you don't touch something solid you should be fine...Any time I had a perfect run and didn't fly through the supercharger again it didn't pop....but as soon as I had a perfect run and flew through the supercharger again it popped.

If you do land or hit wall I recommend just restarting the level, waiting for them to respawn wasn't treating me well.

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MidnightMoth said:

My friend simply killed herself in the water when she knew the run wasn't going well and just spawned there and started again immediately. After a couple of tries she got through and earned the trophy.

I'd probably run out of lives doing that after 6 hours worth of trying. xD I'd have to farm some up off fodder first.

3 minutes ago, Asmund89 said:

Most definitely.....How I did it:

Don't touch floor

Don't touch wall

Fly through the supercharger gate again at the end and hit the last guy, if you missed any just continue on killing till you reach 18 as long as you don't touch something solid you should be fine...Any time I had a perfect run and didn't fly through the supercharger again it didn't pop....but as soon as I had a perfect run and flew the supercharger again it popped.

If you do land or hit wall I recommend just restarting the level, waiting for them to respawn wasn't treating me well.

I didn't touch anything, unless my wings clipping through the wall even the tiniest bit counts... which I doubt.
That's weird though... I'm sure going through the gate twice is what stopped the trophy from popping the first time. I guess I can just try again then...

For what it is worth I read there is a code for 99 lives that doesn't disable trophies, if you needed it.

My friend grinded the walls, landed,and charged but still got the trophy. She didn't pass through the gate again (went around, but be careful you don't go up the sparkle lift) and kept killing until the round ended. The few times she failed (or thought she would) she had Spyro jump in the water to respawn.

Hopefully that helps you, good luck!

Just so you know, you can refresh the meter if need be... but not let it run fully out.  As in, you can refresh through the gate thing when it's about to run out and still get the trophy.  That happened to me, I had one left, flew through the gate as I was about to run out and blasted the last one and the trophy popped.

So I would say, if you can do it in one lap, go through the gate before you run out and keep doing laps until you get them all... by all accounts, that should work so long as it doesn't fully run out.

But I know the pain, this one took me many tries to get done x.x

• Like 1

I had this error the second time when I was certain I had done it in one run,

However I had not spoken to the NPC who gives the orb quest again for that level,

So I spoke to that NPC again after re-entering the level, did it again and it pinged.

May be worth speaking to the NPC before each attempt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheJadedJay said:

I'd probably run out of lives doing that after 6 hours worth of trying. xD I'd have to farm some up off fodder first.

I didn't touch anything, unless my wings clipping through the wall even the tiniest bit counts... which I doubt.
That's weird though... I'm sure going through the gate twice is what stopped the trophy from popping the first time. I guess I can just try again then...

I had t the same problem as you and MidnightMoth is right unfortunately the game wants you to do it on your "first" try.

meaning that if you die it resets what you have tried. So you either have to go out and in every try or die and try again

Just a heads up, When i got it i did touch the floor numerous times,

Like above it wants you to do it first time, so i assume it means defeat all the bugs without your superflight powerup depleting.  Also there's only 17 monsters in the actual loop. so i went through the powerup again and killed the 18th one just after it. 

Not sure if this information is redundant or not but i hope it helps

Edited by Ruukan
bad typing skills
  • Like 2

Just got the trpohy to pop after struggling for an hour.  After looking into this trophy further, it made sense once i tried it.  It doesn’t matter if you hit a wall or land on the ground.  You just need to get “all Draclets in one Superflight.”  I just did it and ran part of it and ran into a few wall.  You just need to do it on your first try is all.  If you don’t, it doesn’t matter if you do it on you 2nd, 3rd, or 1,000th try.  You just need to do it on the first try.  So, if you fail the first time, just exit the level and re-enter again (or just jump into the water like I did.). Then, it’s your “first” try again.  Worked for me after i just read the trophy details again and took it at face value.

Also wouldn’t hurt to talk to the NPC first too.

Edited by ticklemepink70
  • Like 1

I just got this trophy. It was a pain in the ass, no doubt. I would only drown myself if I ever hit the ground. Otherwise, there were two instances where I missed a draclet, and it spawned another one. However, I flew back through the power-up gate to replenish the timer, and killed off the remaining draclets. Trophy popped! It seems as though the bigger emphasis is on not hitting the ground, so if anyone is able to test and confirm this, that would be great!

On 18. 11. 2018 at 4:49 AM, ticklemepink70 said:

Just got the trpohy to pop after struggling for an hour.  After looking into this trophy further, it made sense once i tried it.  It doesn’t matter if you hit a wall or land on the ground.  You just need to get “all Draclets in one Superflight.”  I just did it and ran part of it and ran into a few wall.  You just need to do it on your first try is all.  If you don’t, it doesn’t matter if you do it on you 2nd, 3rd, or 1,000th try.  You just need to do it on the first try.  So, if you fail the first time, just exit the level and re-enter again (or just jump into the water like I did.). Then, it’s your “first” try again.  Worked for me after i just read the trophy details again and took it at face value.

This is false. How I did it was to die if I didn't hit one, then I tried again. After like 5th time I did it and it popped.

I got this on my second try, because I screwed up the first one by dying. I did what @DrakeHellsing said and flew through the Power-up gate whenever I completed a lap but I didn't touch the ground (or at least I don't think I did) and the trophy popped the moment I killed the final enemy. It sounds to me, like this trophy is just flat out buggy (no pun intended) and pops when it feels like it. As a possible solution, try saving and quitting whilst in this level, then close the App, reboot your console then reattempt it. I had to use this trick for the "Man the Cannons" trophy in Spyro 3, because that refused to pop but rebooting the PS4 after saving and quitting whilst in the level - did the trick and the trophy popped after successfully completing my next attempt :).

On 11/17/2018 at 10:49 PM, ticklemepink70 said:

After reading this, I tried it out. Landed and never let the meter run out by continuing to go through the power up until I defeated all of them. It works. The objective is to kill all of them before your superflight finishes. You can prolong it by continuing to go through the power up, you just cannot let it end. Once it does, you have to restart the level or die. Landing and hitting walls have no bearing on this trophy. If you miss any, just keep going.

• Like 1

In one superflight is the wrong description in my opinion. Only thing for the trophy is that the superflight meter never runs out. It doesn´t matter if you land, crash into walls or anything else, just keep the meter running. Weird thing is when you kill a few rounds of bugs there are 1- 3 bugs that will stop spawning and you can loop around as much as you want they will not appear. Just die and you will be fine. I got it minutes ago and landed 2 times on purpose because i missed 2 bugs.

Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

I finally got time to hop back into the game and all these comments really helped. I didn't actually touch the ground, but I did get it after going through the power up again... So you have to go through it at least twice including when you start. I originally did it in one go without the meter running out... but that doesn't count. Even if you have enough juice left, you need to go through it again at least once more.
I was a little miffed at that... but I did get it, so thank you everyone! 

On 11/25/2018 at 4:07 AM, Jaydn66 said:

In one superflight is the wrong description in my opinion.

I also highly agree. Since I was trying to do that and it was wrong. xD

• 3 weeks later...

You have to kill 18 bugs in the first try. You have the choice to kill yourself or leave and enter the level again. Then you can fly endless rounds and fly through the power up again and again, the thing is to kill 18 bugs in total, no matter if you kill them in a row or not.

Edited by heisi72

• 1 year later...

I found out that every time you go through the power up it resets the counter regarding touching the ground. I saw that because I missed a couple in my first attempt, touching the ground at some point. Then I kept going again through the power up and killed the other two in a perfect flight (without touching the ground this time) and got the trophy.

So it might be even usefull to miss one at the beggining, pass again the power up after your 1st lap and kill the lasting one.