Why do people hate this game so much?

Sicho

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

You people make me sick. 

I’m going to assume a number of you out there have your PS4 Pro and Ultra 4K TV and you expect every major AAA game to come out to have 4K pristine quality, 30 FPS or 1080p, 60 FPS for them.

And when those standards fall short, you guys bitch, moan, complain and piss that something is not up to your graphical and performance standards. 

We live in a hive mind society nowadays where people flock to Facebook, Reddit and Twitter to bitch about something like Fallout 76. If you do much as post an unpopular opinion like “Fallout 76 is a good game and I love the multiplayer aspect”, people jump on you, criticize you and may even say you shouldn’t have an opinion at all. 

The amount of hate and criticism for this game is mostly uncalled for and ridiculous. 

I’m no fan of Bethesda and admittedly I didn’t like Skyrim that much. But I’m also not trying to boycott or outright refuse to play any of their future games like so many people on Facebook and Reddit have stated. It’s sickening, all for one game that Bethesda put time and effort into making. There are many other games for you to entertain yourselves with.

We have become too self entitled and full of our own crap to really care too much at looking at the other side. We could have a thousand games at our disposal and we will still be dissatisfied. 

I can agree with Bethesda being full of their own shit. I can agree with Fallout 4 and their abomination Fallout Shelter to fall way short of the mark Fallout 1 and 2 set back in the day. Those two games stand as two of my favorite post apocalypse RPGs of all time. But the amount of hate for Fallout 76 is astounding, to say the least. 

Pretty soon people are going to bitch that Days Gone will be too much like The Last of Us, and go on their usual redoric of why it’s not that good and other things. 

In this day and age you can buy every game you ever wanted online. Tons of games coming out on PlayStation Store and other platforms. But that isn’t enough. 

A lot of butthurt Fallout fans discovered that Fallout 76 isn’t what they wanted it to be. Maybe Bethesda is a piece of shit company, but so is EA and they have spent the past decade getting people to buy their shit even when they know it. 

Too much self entitlement, and we have to nitpick every fucking detail about Fallout 76 like we depended on that game to deliver to the fans. 

This is is why I don’t preorder or buy into the hype of any AAA game. Perhaps you people need to start focusing on this practice. Instead of bitching about a game that some of you clearly thought was going to have some pretty neat features, and then being overly upset that you paid $60 for a game that fell short of your standards. 

You don't need to be a "part of the hivemind" to see that this is clearly a half baked game with too many issues for it to be released as a full price game. It's true that there should be higher expectations for a bigger name company that has won many awards in the past, but right now, that point (or supposedly so) isn't even relevant because Fallout 76 is a shameful effort even by indie standards these days. Bethesda deserves every last bit of flak they get, and if this negative press helps them wake up and put in more effort into their future games (hint: ES6) then I welcome every single bit of criticism that this game deserves. I remain pessimistic for now, however.

Now if you think I should've been more careful with pre-ordering games from big names then that's a point I'm willing to concede over and over as I have already done in this thread. That people tend to purchase and pre-order AAA games, or the fact that games tend to be more buggy at launch, are not excuses for any company to put out an essentially unfinished product for full price.

As an aside, if you (not YOU necessarily but more in general) enjoy the game for what it is then good for you. I won't be stopping you for liking/enjoying this game or chastising you for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Not everything has to be 4K quality or 60 FPS.

You're right, but it should be able to run at least kind of smoothly and not drop below 10fps, plus the amount of videos I've seen of random ai enemies spawning out of thin air or the ai just being broken and standing in front of people not shooting is insane. Straight up forget about 4K and stuff as that was never a factor in the discussion, this is about a triple A title being a mess upon release and that warrants criticism without a doubt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bailey97 said:

this is about a triple A title being a mess upon release and that warrants criticism without a doubt.

Yesterday, I shot an enemy in Red Dead, he started flowing around and suddenly disappeared in thin air.

Game has 97 on Metacritic.

It has a huge amount of quest bugs and glitches and what not (just look in the RDR2 forum here), graphical errors are abundant and don't even get me started about the online experience (granted, still in Beta) that has issues that even make F076 a masterpiece.

Still, RDR2 doesn't get shredded into pieces.

Why?

Double Standards, I say.

Or simply: It's not "hip" to hate RDR2. Because YouTubers have fun with it. And there's a reason YouTubers are called "Influencers" nowadays ... and most people that "hate" FO76 are simply influenced by these people and just repeat what was fed to them.

(Disclaimer: RDR2 is one of the best games I ever played. Still, it's plagued with problems. And even though I love the game, I'm sane enough to recognize that.)

Anyhow, I'm still having fun with FO76. :D

46837232_10156166836201379_3191796179994

Edited by Sicho
  • Like 1

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall;
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

Although, if they want to give us the plat in exchange, I'll call it even...:eyebrow:

Spider-Beyond posting influencer crap 24/7 ? Do people not understand that these YouTubers only say what brings them most money/clicks/views and that they aren't to be taken seriously, no matter how hard they try to come across as professionals unless they are making their reviews etc. for free and not for a living?

Anyway... when reading in some forums and Reddit and so on, there seems to be a dissonance between "everyone" and those who actually play the game. Quite a few of those who actually play seem to like it as I do, so I feel less weird now and more sorry for those who simply refuse to give a game a chance based on what some kids scream on the YouTube :P Not everyone can like everything the same and it takes all to make a world but I still stand by my point that the hate isn't warranted and that the game can bring immense joy even if it isn't perfect or looking like a pixel-counters wet dream. ;)

The weekend is approaching, so more Fallout time for me soon :D You all be well and try to be excessively nice to each other ?

11 hours ago, Feral said:

Maybe for some  many people. I've spent 100+ hours playing Red Dead and have had no issues whatsoever, game hasn't missed a beat.

corrected you there :D

There ARE game-breaking/quest-breaking bugs, there are a plethora of graphical glitches and other weird issues and bugs ... good for you if you didn't encounter any :) But that doesn't mean they don't exist ...
I encountered some (none of the really bad ones, fortunately) but it didn't lessen my enjoyment of the game and the same can be said for Fallout 76... yes, it is buggy but that doesn't stop me from having fun.

On 29-11-2018 at 0:35 AM, Spaz said:

Again as I stated, it often pays to wait for updates and patches. But unfortunately the news has broken out that Fallout 76 is a broken mess, and this in effect will greatly affect sales. Most people aren't going to sit around for a few weeks and wait for a good patch to come out so they'll jump ship to another game.

I dislike the hate train as much as you seem to do. It seems to take less and less for a lot of people to spin wildly out of control. Thank you social media, where even the most meaningless of knobheads can finally feel like they matter in this world by starting or partaking in yet another witch hunt. "I hate these people too. Please subscribe and like."

On the other hand, you can hardly hope everybody keeps quiet that the game is utter shit to keep the hope alive that a patch will come out some day.

3 hours ago, Sicho said:

Spider-Beyond posting influencer crap 24/7 1f601.png Do people not understand that these YouTubers only say what brings them most money/clicks/views and that they aren't to be taken seriously, no matter how hard they try to come across as professionals unless they are making their reviews etc.

That's cute?,Sicho you don't need to watch the links If they bother you so much.Most of these things from the links have already been said by me and others. So you are saying,everyone like Youtubers and Critics should not be taken seriously If they talk about the problems/Issues Fallout 76 has? ok sure man.

I am not forcing anyone to watch them.Just posting links to people who are Interested In having a look at Fallout 76 and what Bethesda have been doing so far?.

Edited by Spider-Beyond
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Spider-Beyond said:

That's cute?,Sicho you don't need to watch the links If they bother you so much.Most of these things from the links have already been said by me and others. So you are saying,everyone like Youtubers and Critics should not be taken seriously If they talk about the problems/Issues Fallout 76 has? ok sure man.

I am not forcing anyone to watch them.Just posting links to people who are Interested In having a look at Fallout 76 and what Bethesda have been doing so far?.

just sayin' that I put more trust into "reviews" from "normal" people than from people who get paid to write something or produce a video on something ...
A video with "meh it's okay, I like it but it doesn't set the world on fire" probably wouldn't get as much views as a "OMG look at this dumpster fire!!!!11" and less views = less money so it's easy to see that one could tend to hyperboles instead of offering a nuanced view ...

then again, I might have to eat my words since "normal" people can be clueless af.

Giving the game a zero because he doesn't know how PSN works and was unable to read before buying ... ?
diRuYFv.png

If the mass of the 0 voters are stupid people like this, then I feel better being in the companies of the"weirdos" that like the game :D 

Edited by Sicho

On 11/28/2018 at 8:03 PM, jaehyun1009 said:

You don't need to be a "part of the hivemind" to see that this is clearly a half baked game with too many issues for it to be released as a full price game. It's true that there should be higher expectations for a bigger name company that has won many awards in the past, but right now, that point (or supposedly so) isn't even relevant because Fallout 76 is a shameful effort even by indie standards these days. Bethesda deserves every last bit of flak they get, and if this negative press helps them wake up and put in more effort into their future games (hint: ES6) then I welcome every single bit of criticism that this game deserves. I remain pessimistic for now, however.

The issue with "hivemind" is social media in general. News media loves a good controversial story or a news article regarding Donald Trump or anything involving the White House. Then the social media follows suit and shares, likes, and reports the news to other people.

Fallout 76 is this year's Star Wars Battlefront 2.

I just don't see why Bethesda couldn't just stop with Fallout 4. They could of taken the time to work on a new game engine and perhaps work on a sequel. But instead they gave you Fallout fans a lackluster MMO with no NPCs to interact with.

Multiplayer only games are a crapshoot. Just because Elder Scrolls got it's own online game that received marginal success doesn't mean Fallout will get the same treatment.

It impresses me whenever a AAA game gets hyped up and then completely shits it's pants. I don't really care at this point, AAA games in general have lost their luster for me anyways.

On 11/28/2018 at 8:03 PM, jaehyun1009 said:

Now if you think I should've been more careful with pre-ordering games from big names then that's a point I'm willing to concede over and over as I have already done in this thread. That people tend to purchase and pre-order AAA games, or the fact that games tend to be more buggy at launch, are not excuses for any company to put out an essentially unfinished product for full price.

As an aside, if you (not YOU necessarily but more in general) enjoy the game for what it is then good for you. I won't be stopping you for liking/enjoying this game or chastising you for it.

It's not worth preordering AAA games anymore.

Most of the games are buggy at launch, they require a Day 1 patch to run properly, they're not completely optimized for the system, and they are basically unfinished.

The days of having a small crew like id Software come together and work tirelessly to make a game in their garage are long gone. You can't always blame the developer themselves for the faults, it's the people at the top and sometimes it's the publisher who is looking to make a profit margin. Just look at Ubisoft. The vast majority of that company has nothing to do with making games, most of their employees work in some branch of business and marketing. And they're one of the biggest corporate gaming companies in the world, with several divisions spanning from Montreal to Singapore.

I'll be playing through Fallout 4 while some of you will still bitch about Fallout 76.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:42 PM, Bailey97 said:

You're right, but it should be able to run at least kind of smoothly and not drop below 10fps, plus the amount of videos I've seen of random ai enemies spawning out of thin air or the ai just being broken and standing in front of people not shooting is insane. Straight up forget about 4K and stuff as that was never a factor in the discussion, this is about a triple A title being a mess upon release and that warrants criticism without a doubt.

Point taken.

2 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I dislike the hate train as much as you seem to do. It seems to take less and less for a lot of people to spin wildly out of control. Thank you social media, where even the most meaningless of knobheads can finally feel like they matter in this world by starting or partaking in yet another witch hunt. "I hate these people too. Please subscribe and like."

On the other hand, you can hardly hope everybody keeps quiet that the game is utter shit to keep the hope alive that a patch will come out some day.

I dislike most hate trains in general.

Ever since the Mass Effect 3 debacle back in 2012 there seems to be a continuing trend of the masses jumping on the hate train as soon as a AAA game doesn't meet expectations. Dead Space 3. Assassins Creed Unity. Star Wars Battlefront 2. There's been more games that have gotten a lot of scrutiny, but these are the three games I know that have stood out. And now Fallout 76.

As much as I bitch and whine on this website, this is the only place where I make these kinds of observations. I absolutely detest social media and what it's turned into.

Angry Joe used to be a pretty good YouTuber, but his gags and acting haven't been as good.

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Fallout 76 is this year's Star Wars Battlefront 2.

good point as Battlefront 2 is another game I enjoyed immensely but "everybody" seems to hate.

Funnily enough, everyone and their grandma hates Battlefront 2 but the servers are always full...

I'm a fallout fanboy as well and that is why i hated the whole concept from the very first day. All the things that happen lately just underline my feelings about it. And I can simply explain why i hate F76. 

When I play Fallout, I enjoy being alone in a dystopian nightmare. In my mind, the Fallout world was never meant to be something to experience in a group. New Vegas and Fallout 3 are games so massive that i can hardly explain my feelings about it. I connect so many beautiful memories with exploring this world on my own. It was a blast back in the days. 

As Bethesda released the first infos about their new project i really thought it was an april fool. I stand behind almost everything that Bethesda released in all these years, especially Dishonored so I'm glad that this game fails big time and i really hope that they learned their lesson here. They have awesome franchises with great developers so back to the fucking roots.

This is just MY opinion. I accept every other opinion so no hard feelings for those who play and actually enjoy this game. 

Cheers, Nate

Edited by NathanDarko
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NathanDarko said:

When I play Fallout, I enjoy being alone in a dystopian nightmare.

Alone with Dogmeat, Tycho, Katja and Ian...  ?

but yeah, everyone has his own take on Fallout. For me, the exploration part if the most important part. don't care who's running around, human NPCs, robots, other players... as long I have a huge world to explore every nook and cranny in, I'm happy :D

The answer to any relentless hate is always somewhere between boredom, stupidity and popularity.  Most rational people see a game they don't like or didn't meet their expectations, and instead of making it their personal mission to hound that game for months/years... they move on to something they like better, possibly noting the publisher/developer to make an educated decision on whether to buy that game or any of their future releases.  Unfortunately the gaming community is FAR from a rational group.  It's hands down the worst community attitude-wise in the entertainment medium.

Too many people find camaraderie in hating everything, warranted or not, and it snowballs.  Everything is an outrage.  Everything is an insult.  Everything is some opportunity to jump on a "cause" or bandwagon.  And everyone wants a hearty pat on the back (or a few extra "likes") for screaming louder than the last guy.  So it all takes this very quick hitting, meme-like form of rabidly abundant smart ass, passive-aggressive social media one liners, review bombs, etc for likes or retweets or whatever that always falls WAY short of anything intelligent, valuable or constructive.

That being said, by all accounts Bethesda did a terrible job with the launch of Fallout 76.  It's not my cup of tea (not at the moment anyways), but I'm glad you like it and I hope Bethesda does right by the fans that are sticking by them.

Edited by Dreakon13

3 hours ago, Sicho said:

good point as Battlefront 2 is another game I enjoyed immensely but "everybody" seems to hate.

Funnily enough, everyone and their grandma hates Battlefront 2 but the servers are always full...

I quite enjoyed my time with Battlefront 2 as well, but the hate for that was sparked by some very different points and dealings with the game, other than a bit of unbalancing and usual server hiccups the game ran and played quite well. It copped it's criticism from the dodgy pay to win shit and got obliterated the week before release, which same as Fallout 76 for it's problems, it deserved. But yeah as many people have said already criticism is fine and all that, but obviously the idiots who scream hatred at devs and send out all the death threat crap shouldn't be tolerated at all