Game keeps crashing

1 minute ago, NanaCheese94 said:

@Crispy_Oglop

Hm you don't get the trophy for killing the dragon, but for defeating it in the battle. I let Kelltulis live because I don't care about Eyk and I got the trophy. 

Sounds like it glitched bad for you :( Or did you perhaps ignore the fight when you entered the village? 

Ah damn, I did actually have a crash during the battle, then replayed and it transitioned to the next part of the side story. I figured because they said 

Spoiler

that the dragon isn't dead but wounded and i need to go finish her off, that this would be when the trophy would pop.

Not to worry, i can pick it up in my second 'i'm playing this like a visual novel' playthrough hehe.

3 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Ah damn, I did actually have a crash during the battle, then replayed and it transitioned to the next part of the side story. I figured because they said 

Reveal hidden contents

that the dragon isn't dead but wounded and i need to go finish her off, that this would be when the trophy would pop.

Not to worry, i can pick it up in my second 'i'm playing this like a visual novel' playthrough hehe.

Okay, yeah I also suspect the crashes are the reason some people get the glitch with the golden chests. I never had a crash while opening a chest, and I never had the glitch, but others did. You included I think.

Thank god for the skip battle function xD 

2 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Okay, yeah I also suspect the crashes are the reason some people get the glitch with the golden chests. I never had a crash while opening a chest, and I never had the glitch, but others did. You included I think.

Thank god for the skip battle function xD 

Haha yes! I tried playing offline but it didn't fix anything, i might give deleting game data a shot and then maybe re-downloading. I'll update here if anything resolves

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Got another one here - The trophy for killing Kelltulis the Dragon didn't pop,

Hide contents

even though i made the choice - i selected the option to kill her when the choice came up, but no trophy popped.

I even quit and reloaded (as it puts you just beforehand) and did it all over again - no trophy.

Did you actually fight him or did you skip the battle? Either way I would wait until you beat the game - you get a chance to reload a save file from beginning of each act and getting to Kelltulis shouldn't take more than few minutes if you skip all the side stuff. Maybe having a different save state will help.

On 12/10/2018 at 3:39 PM, lukaskulich said:

Did you actually fight him or did you skip the battle? Either way I would wait until you beat the game - you get a chance to reload a save file from beginning of each act and getting to Kelltulis shouldn't take more than few minutes if you skip all the side stuff. Maybe having a different save state will help.

I beat her once and the game crashed in the loading screen after, then started the game again and it put me back to the beginning of the battle once more. So I fought her again and beat her and nothing happened, so i assumed it was because you don't kill her till you get to the cave after. I'm gonna probably have to do a full playthrough again as the golden chest counter has bugged out for me on the first two maps and it looks like it's done the same in the third map too.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

They released patch 1.02, here's the changelog:

New hotfixes for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game and Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales are now available for PC and PS4! With this update, we’ve focused on improving stability and performance for consoles.

Full list of changes:
  • Fixed an issue causing Thronebreaker and multiplayer GWENT to crash on PS4 Pro and PS4.
  • Fixed an issue whereby FPS would significantly drop when accessing the GWENT and Thronebreaker Deckbuilder.
  • Fixed minor UI issues.
  • Fixed several in-game Contracts (GWENT).
  • Fixed an issue whereby entering the Mess Tent would cause the game to freeze (Thronebreaker).
  • Added Chinese language support to the GOG version of the game (Thronebreaker).
  • Other stability improvements and fixes.

11 hours ago, Gooner_Pav said:

Can anyone confirm if this has fixed all the issues?

Can't confirm 100% as this patched dropped just as I got through to the last part of the game. So far since the update though, no crashes on my end. I've opened 3 golden chests since it updated and the game hasn't shut itself down, yet. I'm also getting less lag when i'm deck building in my camp.

Shame i'm at the end of the game now and things are only just getting fixed. But it was a fun experience, if a little annoying with constant crashes all the time, but fun all the same.

Maybe i'm just running on perception, rather than reality here - but after my experience with the Witcher 3, which never crashed or bugged for me, playing this new entry from CD Projekt tarnished things a little. I think i just went into Thronebreaker expecting the same level of stability as the Witcher 3.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Maybe i'm just running on perception, rather than reality here - but after my experience with the Witcher 3, which never crashed or bugged for me, playing this new entry from CD Projekt tarnished things a little. I think i just went into Thronebreaker expecting the same level of stability as the Witcher 3.

This is exactly how I felt too. At least I was able to get through the game without missing out on the golden chests, but the constant crashes were annoying af. I just don't understand how a relatively simple game like this has so many problems while the massive Witcher 3 only suffered from long loading times and played out smoothly otherwise.

Bug update as i'm currently doing my 2nd playthrough to pick up the weapons and the chests:

• Multiple crashes during the Kelltulis fight

• When loading up my save it will permanently stick on the loading screen - forcing me to shut the game down and restart

• Some story segments will have missing audio

• Some 'cutscene' type story segments will not play at all, showing Meve on the map but unmovable while the audio to the segment plays out in the background

The golden chest crashes are fixed though it seems

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn’t get blue screens anymore but its still unplayable.

- Stuck at endless loading screen

- Controls not responding

- Black screens

I didnt thought it would be this bad, it literally deserves some of the money returned. I can’t play 30 minutes without having any problems at all.

Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I wouldn't call it unplayable, but many performance issues are still present. I'm playing on PS4 Pro, I even dumbed my screen resolution to 1080p, turned off boost mode and also turned off premium card animation, but screen tearing and mini lags are still noticable during battle. I got blue screen in the beginning of the Mahakam twice by getting back to the field from the minimap. I also got blue screens after restarting battles. But the most annoying thing is the infinite loading screens - the screen is stuck on loading, but the music has changed to the map's music already. CDProjekt should fix these issues.

• Like 1

I've now played the game for a few days and it's been relatively bug free for me so far, though I have run into a few issues:

- The game has crashed once when starting it and once when quitting to title screen.

- Recently the game froze three times when restarting a puzzle fight, forcing me to close the game and restart it.

Also, I'm starting to think the trophy for gathering 5000 wood is bugged for me, I'm almost certain I've collected more than 5000 and it hasn't popped. Of course there's no way for me to check it so it might hopefully just be that I actually haven't reached 5000 yet. I must be close to it though.

Edit: The trophy for gathering 5000 wood now popped for me, though it still seems to be a bit buggy since I got it after I picked up some recruits.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

Today the game has been really buggy for me, I've gotten three infinite loading screens and a puzzle glitched in a way that made it impossible to solve and I had to restart it. Also earlier I noticed that my Isbel card bugged so that the amount it would boost stayed at zero no matter how much damage I took.

Edit: I now checked a secret trophy that's pretty common but which I hadn't gotten it yet even though I'm nearing the end of the campaign and I noticed that it's for 

Spoiler

killing the Manticore. I assume this is related to when you recruit Eyck. I defeated the Manticore but the trophy didn't pop for me so it seems to be somewhat bugged. Luckily it's not that big of a deal, as I still have to do a second playthrough as I've missed some weapons. Hopefully I'll get it then.

Edited by Janire1911

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 9:16 PM, Eisenkhan said:

It's February 26th and the game is 25% off right now, can anyone speak to the stability and trophies bugging? Is it still a problem?

It received a performance patch in February. Haven't played since then as I already have the platinum, but the game was quite playable even after the first patch. Some infinite loading screens here and there, and some glitching in-game trackers, but otherwise nothing groundbreaking. Go for it, the story of the game is awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Although I'm having lots of fun and it's a great game so far (about 15 hours in), there's some frustrating performance issues. Never had a crash (yet), but the frame rate is horrendous when you use fire spells, and the game almost freezes in the later chapters when you press the touchpad to get into the camp screen. Playing on PS4 Pro, so not sure if regular PS4 has the same issues. Keep this is mind if you're thinking of buying. Apart from that, it's a bloody great RPG with card mechanics.

• 1 year later...

Just bought this game without knowing it is buggy as hell. it keeps crashing every 5-10 minutes and shows error code CE-34878-0.

judging by this thread apparently there is no workaround and i have literally wasted $9.99.

EDIT: I read somewhere that disconnecting the console from the internet might solve the problem. I gave it a try and it fixed the issue!

I haven't experienced any crashes so far. I hope it stays that way.

Edited by Xenophontis90
  • Like 2

On 12/25/2020 at 3:59 PM, Xenophontis90 said:

Just bought this game without knowing it is buggy as hell. it keeps crashing every 5-10 minutes and shows error code CE-34878-0.

judging by this thread apparently there is no workaround and i have literally wasted $9.99.

EDIT: I read somewhere that disconnecting the console from the internet might solve the problem. I gave it a try and it fixed the issue!

I haven't experienced any crashes so far. I hope it stays that way.

Thks for help. This game crash for me in the last battle in Mahakam (3x). LoL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So far this game only crashes for me when trying to boot the game, fortunately only occasionally ... I swap game every hour to get an hourly bonus in the other game before going back to my main game. And right after the two skipable cut scenes the game always starts with, it can crash :S.
I'm in the swamp now.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, how is the stability now? The game just went on sale and I really want it but reading through here made me worry, is the game still buggy and crashy? Can it be platinum'ed without too much frustration? Thanks in advance.