Good game to start now?

AJ_Radio

When DOOM came out I admittedly wasn't really into it. I normally enjoy fast paced shooters where you can just sit back and enjoy the carnage like the Wolfenstein games, but something about DOOM didn't click.

Today however DOOM looks like a very promising title. I will probably not go after the online DLC since I don't like multiplayer that takes a long time to get done, so it'll just be me getting what's needed for the platinum and then some.

Only annoyance is having to click R3 to gore enemies, but other than that it looks pretty fun.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

When DOOM came out I admittedly wasn't really into it. I normally enjoy fast paced shooters where you can just sit back and enjoy the carnage like the Wolfenstein games, but something about DOOM didn't click.

Today however DOOM looks like a very promising title. I will probably not go after the online DLC since I don't like multiplayer that takes a long time to get done, so it'll just be me getting what's needed for the platinum and then some.

Only annoyance is having to click R3 to gore enemies, but other than that it looks pretty fun.

Haven't touched the multiplayer yet, but the single player campaign's pretty fun, but hectic. Can be challenging at times. 

I talked about Doom with a friend and we both came to the agreement that the multiplayer should never have been released. 

It was tacked on and those resources should’ve gone into the main game to make it even better! 

It is what it is though and now we got really pain in the ass trophies to worry about. 

If you're going after the plat I'd say the sooner the better since there are a few MP trophies, and some involving community maps if I recall.

Never know how long the servers will be up, especially this being an older game.

I had fun playing it. Some of the collectibles were a bit of a chore and some challenging parts, nothing a little perseverance won't get you through. Never really dipped my toes in the DLC, probably never will.

Edited by Sofa King

1 hour ago, Sofa King said:

If you're going after the plat I'd say the sooner the better since there are a few MP trophies, and some involving community maps if I recall.

Never know how long the servers will be up, especially this being an older game.

I had fun playing it. Some of the collectibles were a bit of a chore and some challenging parts, nothing a little perseverance won't get you through. Never really dipped my toes in the DLC, probably never will.

I'm pretty sure the mp DLC trophies came free with the 6.66 update. But I get your point on not playing DLC

1 hour ago, Sofa King said:

A game from 2016 barely qualifies as being an older game.

You want to talk older games? Look at GTA IV, the servers are still up after 10 years.

54 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

I'm pretty sure the mp DLC trophies came free with the 6.66 update. But I get your point on not playing DLC

They did. All the dlc was made free fairly recently but you have to prestige many times to unlock the cosmetics required for the trophies. It is a grind but there are frequent double xp weekends. You don’t need to do much - just play matches. Soul harvest is probably the best for levelling due to the frequent demon spawns.

If you owned the original season pass and launched the game before the dlc went free all the cosmetics will be in your inventory and you can get the trophies in less than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Doom is great. Rented it on Xbone, then

Bought on PS4

Bought on PS VR

Bought on Switch

Replayed again recently on Xbox through Game Pass

The game is absolutely fantastic, one of the best shooters I've played in years. If you like fast paced shooters like you say, especially if you have a penchant for old school shooter stylings like Duke Nukem 3D and shit with the keycards, endless arsenal, and bad ass heroes killing everything, you can't really do any better than Doom.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:20 PM, Spaz said:

makka  guides has a great walkthrough to get all collectibles in the least amount of time possible.  One of the better gaming walkthroughs i have followed.  Still the only real annoyance of the game is the fact you pretty much have to stay glued to a guide to get the collectibles as they are hard to find without it.  The multiplayer is quite a grind for dlc.  However, playing the multiplayer is fun compared to a lot of games.  It doesn't take long to pick it up and you won't get dominated by the competition like some older games where people have been playing it forever.  They actually have a lot of triple xp events and you can blow through the multiplayer pretty fast if you come across one of those.